Is wellens the right man??

Guest Stanley30

It is a ridiculous thread but one cant hide from the fact that the result is an absolute cluster fook in terms of confidence and potentially financially damaging.

We really shouldnt be losing in the 1st round at an average bottom tier team, so RW has to get the lads up for southend.

Was

1 minute ago, rigsby said:

It is a ridiculous thread but one cant hide from the fact that the result is an absolute cluster fook in terms of confidence and potentially financially damaging.

We really shouldnt be losing in the 1st round at an average bottom tier team, so RW has to get the lads up for southend.

Southend?  Nobody told you?

Just now, opinions4u said:

Was

Southend?  Nobody told you?

haha yes your right.OK he has ot get them up for the next match, either way, i thought we were fortunate against bury , lost at home to scunny, and now lost to carlisle, could do with a win pronto.

Just now, Ritchierich said:

The problem is we will have to score at least 3 to win it 

Shouldn't do against Dale. If Dale manage to score 2 we are really struggling at the back.  Dale average less than a goal per game away. 

18 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Next (league) home game is massive.  Must win for me. 

Huge overreaction especially from someone who is the first to jump on negativity and doom mongerers, you surely don't think we have to win every week for him to keep the job done you? We've lost two games by the odd goal, tactically he may of been naive but he ain't going to be the finished article after a month in the job.

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Huge overreaction especially from someone who is the first to jump on negativity and doom mongerers, you surely don't think we have to win every week for him to keep the job done you? We've lost two games by the odd goal, tactically he may of been naive but he ain't going to be the finished article after a month in the job.

Er? What?  Put words in my mouth why don’t you. I’m just saying next home game against a local rival, who are struggling and are shocking away from home, is a must win for me. Not because I think Wellens would be under pressure, but simply because we need to get back on track and it’s s game we should be winning easily. 

Rochdale are only kept off the bottom of the away form table by Bury.  They have won none. 

Relax. 

Edited by kowenicki

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

Er? What?  Put words in my mouth why don’t you. I’m just saying next home game against a local rival, who are struggling and are shocking away from home, is a must win for me. Not because I think Wellens would be under pressure, but simply because we need to get back on track and it’s s game we should be winning easily. 

Relax. 

It's not massive though, everyone's getting a bit giddy here and it's far from a must win with thirty odd games still to play.

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

It's not massive though, everyone's getting a bit giddy here and it's far from a must win with thirty odd games still to play.

Well I disagree. It isn’t if we want bottom half. If we want top half, and I do and think we are capable, then it’s a must win for me. 

I dont think, not even for a nano second, that Wellens is, or should be, under any pressure whatsoever though.  

I think you you misunderstood my first post. 

Edited by kowenicki

2 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Well I disagree. It isn’t if we want bottom half. If we want top half, and I do and think we are capable, then it’s a must win for me. 

I dont think, not even a nano second, that Wellens is, or should be, under any pressure whatsoever though.  

I think you you misunderstood my first post. 

Even accounting for today's disappointment I can't really get too hung up on the situation, we were edged out by Scunthorpe last week when in truth we could of salvaged a draw and our League form still compares favourably with the best in the Division, we've had a blip and will no doubt have more but expectations were probably set unrealistically high following Richies great start but maybe should be tempered and brought more in line with where we are at, mid table would be a fantastic achievement given our start and anything else would be a bonus, I probably did misunderstand your initial point but I feel theres no need to panic.