Newcastle Youth (H) 19:30

10 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Be nice to see 3000 there, weather isn't supposed to be great but hopefully the fact it's Newcastle will bring a few through the gates.

7 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

3000 ????

fuckinelllll.

I know you post some shit but.

6 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

You do know Newcastle won't play all there stars. In the last two games I didn't recognise many of the names, although with this being a must win, they might decide to chuck a couple in.

You really expect us to get 5/6000 just because it's Newcastle? Don't think 3000 is a bad suggestion.

22 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

1107 (50 visiting supporters)

LMFAO

Oaf shuck we are laughing at you, not with you.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, latics22 said:

It’s not that ronaldo, think he’s still with us? We tried to loan this one though under johnson

Also he ( thei scorer) is called Rolando!

Impressed with the memory though Dave,

Edited by singe

2 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

How did Maouche play overall?

And does anybody know who got MOM ( I would guess Byrne but not sure)?

Doyle. No idea why. 

Maouche wasnt on long enough to judge really. Seemed tidy enough though. 

Edited by kowenicki

4 hours ago, JoeP said:

Do teams still get a fee for every win?

We need a win to get back in the habit.

For those two reasons - Come on you Blues.

Otherwise, couldn't give a monkey's, to quote Dave Penney...

Yes, £20000 for being in the competition, £10000 per win in group stage and £5000 for the draw. The winner of the penalty shoot out gets a further £5000 So we have earned £45000 so far. This is the full list of prizes:-

Participation fee: £20k. There is also TV money if the game is shown live.

• Group Stage: £10k for a win and £5k for a draw
  • Round two: £20k for a win
  • Round three: £40k for a win
  • Quarter-final: £50k for a win
  • Runner-up: £50k
  • Winner: £100k

Given the knockout, in the FA cup, this competition needs to be taken seriously for the cashflow if nothing else.

I hate the under 23 involvement as much as anyone but if we choose to take this competition seriously we have a realistic chance to get to the final due to the size of our squad. So many viable players wanting to force their way into the first team is not something we have enjoyed for so many years.

1 minute ago, Stagger Lee said:

Given the knockout, in the FA cup, this competition needs to be taken seriously for the cashflow if nothing else.

I hate the under 23 involvement as much as anyone but if we choose to take this competition seriously we have a realistic chance to get to the final due to the size of our squad. So many viable players wanting to force their way into the first team is not something we have enjoyed for so many years.

This

we can make close to £400k if we win it so it's the biggest money maker left for us and a day at Wembley would be fantastic for everyone so why wouldn't we go for it especially after our early League Cup and FA Cup exits?

(obviously really hope all the Greedy league teams are knocked out well before Wembley)

5 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

Fantastic performance.

Again why this competition is enjoyable and not a joke cup. Yet again progression from the group. Let's hope for a favourable draw in the last 32 and still be in the trophy the other side of Xmas.

You may have enjoyed it.  But the competition is a joke.

8 hours ago, Ritchierich said:

This

we can make close to £400k if we win it so it's the biggest money maker left for us and a day at Wembley would be fantastic for everyone so why wouldn't we go for it especially after our early League Cup and FA Cup exits?

(obviously really hope all the Greedy league teams are knocked out well before Wembley)

Never seen us play at Wembley and I don't want the first time to be for a match in which I don't care about the result. The money is purely practical for the club and there's absolutely no glory, so a hollow trip down to London is a no from me.

17 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Never seen us play at Wembley and I don't want the first time to be for a match in which I don't care about the result. The money is purely practical for the club and there's absolutely no glory, so a hollow trip down to London is a no from me.

Ridiculous...:

If we got to Wembley in this trophy you would back track and be there for sure!!

10 hours ago, al_bro said:

Yes, £20000 for being in the competition, £10000 per win in group stage and £5000 for the draw. The winner of the penalty shoot out gets a further £5000 So we have earned £45000 so far. This is the full list of prizes:-

Participation fee: £20k. There is also TV money if the game is shown live.

• Group Stage: £10k for a win and £5k for a draw
  • Round two: £20k for a win
  • Round three: £40k for a win
  • Quarter-final: £50k for a win
  • Runner-up: £50k
  • Winner: £100k

Cheers.

Be silly to kill the cash cow by wanting us to go out of the competition, but it's still awful. 

Have we seen any improvements in the England team yet since the Under 23s have entered the tournament?  Or is it a 50 year project??

9 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Cheers.

Be silly to kill the cash cow by wanting us to go out of the competition, but it's still awful. 

Have we seen any improvements in the England team yet since the Under 23s have entered the tournament?  Or is it a 50 year project??

It's clearly made a unique contribution at the younger levels of the international game.

19 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Cheers.

I think someone on here pointed out that of the U20s squad that played and won the WC Last year, the squad itself played a total of 6 games in the checkatrade last year. Its unlikely that the victorious under 17s will have played a game between them so I would say none whatsoever. 

It is shit that the only reason I want us to do well in this cup is that it might help us pay our staff on time.

Edited by GlossopLatic

28 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

I think someone on here pointed out that of the U20s squad that played and won the WC Last year, the squad itself played a total of 6 games in the checkatrade last year. Its unlikely that the victorious under 17s will have played a game between them so I would say none whatsoever. 

It is shit that the only reason I want us to do well in this cup is that it might help us pay our staff on time.

This,.

The competition is an abomination.

It poses a serious risk to the Football League as a competition.

I hope the team are taking it seriously enough, and it seems they are with the result, and the score, but for us fans it should still be boycotted.

You ahve to see past the short term money bribe and look at the long term

What if in a couple of years we or any other team was repalces by Stoke u23's?

It's no use being selfish following a possible takeover, if that goes pop in future years, we could end up like Tranmere, Orient or even Stockport, Chester, Halifax.

There are simply too many examples to ignore.

1 minute ago, singe said:

This,.

I hope the team are taking it seriously enough, and it seems they are with the result, and the score, but for us fans it should still be boycotted.

It's no use being selfish following a possible takeover, if that goes pop in future years, we could end up like Tranmere, Orient or even Stockport, Chester, Halifax.

The results suggest 'B' teams entering the league proper will never see the light of day.

People should just enjoy, or not enjoy, this competition for what it is.

6 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The results suggest 'B' teams entering the league proper will never see the light of day.

People should just enjoy, or not enjoy, this competition for what it is.

I'm more cautious.

If the B Teams entering were strengthened even slightly, and won it all by a canter, the boycott would be emboldened and the competiton would die immediately, I am sure they are playing the long game.

That was an enjoyable night in the Great White Elephant.

My MOM was Johny.  It is such a delight to have a goalkeeper who injects so much pace into our game.  The first goal came after a long kick out to the right.  He commands the box and the players in front of him.  I did hope we could keep him for some time but I suspect he will be noticed and moved on.

The invited clubs have to play six under 21s.  It was the inexperience of the Newcastle side that made this an easy victory.  I don't see how this can be regarded as the thin end of a wedge to place the invited teams in our league.

1 hour ago, singe said:

This,.

Spot on.

Those saying it's all about the money most likely slag off Sky, the Premier Greed and the wages sploshing about at that level. Then the minute they offer bribery & try to infiltrate their U23 teams (we mustn't use the dirty phrase B teams which is what they are) it's all ok and we must lap it up.

Nah.