Checkatrade Trophy - Last 16

An away draw for us.

Will either be Walsall, Lincoln, Scunthorpe and Chesterfield/Bradford (Based upon whether Chesterfield beat Man City U23)

No particular easy draw there. Probably would have to take Chesterfield or Lincoln.

Edited by Ackey
Title

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I appreciate you get kicks from winding people up with your posts but the mods have been clear that:

1. It costs money when new threads are started;

2. The pot is almost empty; and

3. They have to put their hands in their own pockets to keep the site running when it does.

Give it a rest.

52 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

I appreciate you get kicks from winding people up with your posts but the mods have been clear that:

3. They have to put their hands in their own pockets to keep the site running when it does.

Give it a rest.

I must admit this was my instinctive reaction.

But it's actually a "who will we get in the next round of the cup" which is probably fair game.

Shit poster.  Shit cup.  But ...

58 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

Give it a rest.

How is this winding anyone up?

Hahaha shall we just shut the message board down then?

It's a cup draw thread that we've just made the next stage of. You know like we have for all cups we progress in.

Even our most loyal fans didn't realise who or when the cup draw was, as I saw some posts on twitter from people asking what happens if we get 'X' away. Heck the club haven't even posted this information.

So really I think it's quite an informative thread for the fans ....

5 minutes ago, oafcshuck said:

How is this winding anyone up?

Hahaha shall we just shut the message board down then?

It's a cup draw thread that we've just made the next stage of. You know like we have for all cups we progress in.

Even our most loyal fans didn't realise who or when the cup draw was, as I saw some posts on twitter from people asking what happens if we get 'X' away. Heck the club haven't even posted this information.

So really I think it's quite an informative thread for the fans ....

Strange I find myself agreeing (gives head a wobble) :laught30:

1 hour ago, jsslatic said:

Give it a rest.

Why does it cost money to start new threads?

Message posters won't realistically forever track back to look for similar threads, some going back months even years.

To say give it a rest will only drive members away, which IMO defeats the object.

Edited by BP1960

33 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Message posters won't realistically forever track back to look for similar threads, some going back months even years.

To say give it a rest will only drive members away, which IMO defeats the object.

BP where have you been the last 6 months?! All threads cost which results in donations being requested to cover overheads. 

1 hour ago, jsslatic said:

Give it a rest.

The troll is pushing it to the limit and because people are exasperated they sometimes dish out on a post that if taken on a purely individual basis is not really a cause for concern - quality trolling in effect.  So let's keep him on a very short leash, please!

And as for OAFC shuck - this site is not a charity and the mods are not Simon Corney with dodgy loans and accounting ..... ( at least I think not :unsure: ) so how about playing by their rules, it's their house after all.

35 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The search function is quite useful though, BP.

Back to the draw, Chesterfield away would be the one - maybe Lincoln too.

1 hour ago, deyres42 said:

Probably could have just posted it in the Newcastle thread though...

Quite.

If it wasn't costing volunteers money then start as many threads as you want. It just strikes me as remarkably selfish to carry on when you've been asked to stop.

Anyway, as you were.

11 minutes ago, jsslatic said:

Quite.

If it wasn't costing volunteers money then start as many threads as you want. It just strikes me as remarkably selfish to carry on when you've been asked to stop.

Anyway, as you were.

I've created one in relation to a topic that needs discussing. It also costs per post, so stop posting irrelevant rubbish that has no relation to the topic.

5 hours ago, oafcshuck said:

I've created one in relation to a topic that needs discussing. It also costs per post, so stop posting irrelevant rubbish that has no relation to the topic.

Practice what you preach.

We should just have a thread for checkatrade. it's lucky it gets that.

6 hours ago, Magister said:

Who do we play if Chesterfield beat City 2-1

F*ck knows.

Lets hope Chezzers do um 3-0.

Been Bradford on a Tuesday this year, done that.

Chesterfield, League two as well, plus we owe them from 2012.

Inside info in the opening post was bang on ????

Anyway, Chesterfield away (Chezzers 2-0 Shitty)

3-1 win. Doyle 2, Gardener.

3 from Wembley.

On our way. ?

• 3 weeks later...