Rochdale (H)

39 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

As for Rochdale, you've got to applaud Keith Hill for raffling out places in his starting line up to a load of pissheads, high on Spice, at The Baum last night...

He was probably out on it with them, the scruffy cunt. 

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, kowenicki said:

4800 home fans.  Decent. 

Decent support from us.  

Terrible support from them.  

The low numbers I can forgive, but the lack of atmosphere they brought to the party I can't.

They'll never be our rivals really, bless 'em...

2 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Decent support from us.  

The low numbers I can forgive, but the lack of atmosphere they brought to the party I can't.

Conceding after one minute and forty odd seconds may of knocked the stuffing out of them a little...

12 minutes ago, JoeP said:

Decent support from us.  

It was a really weird atmosphere wasn't it. Especially after Blackburn and even Bury who contributed to the atmosphere despite similarly low numbers to Rochdale.

These lot have got to be the weirdest supporters in football. Really, really introverted - if that's the right word. 

It had got better as a derby last year - decent atmosphere, bit of mither....

Today felt palpably "awkward" (as the youngsters say).

What the fucking hell is wrong with them? 

Edited by HarryBosch

Was my first game in ages in the Rocky and I can say I will be back again soon even at £24!...the football played at times is as good and exciting as I have seen since Dowie days. Better than LJ days that’s for sure. 

I heard a couple of people around me too with people they had convinced to come back and watch us again. It’s really promising to see, the fans are there we just want entertainment! 

I was impressed by Gevaro today he was technically better than I expected and has great feet and gives us a good option out wide. 

I love how technically gifted all our team are...even Fane now seems to know his limits (except for his crazy run into the box today that fooled everyone!) 

i thought dales Centre Half (6) and Lillis were very good today which says it all after a 3-1 win. 

One of the best things today was Wellens not being scared to bring our (usually) star man Byrne off because his head had dropped early in the 2nd half...sign of a class manager that and it proved the right decision, hopefully Byrne now sees that and doesn’t get ahead of himself! 

Edited by Blue_Guru

15 minutes ago, Blue_Guru said:

Was my first game in ages in the Rocky and I can say I will be back again soon even at £24!...the football played at times is as good and exciting as I have seen since Dowie days. Better than LJ days that’s for sure. 

I heard a couple of people around me too with people they had convinced to come back and watch us again. It’s really promising to see, the fans are there we just want entertainment! 

I was impressed by Gevaro today he was technically better than I expected and has great feet and gives us a good option out wide. 

I love how technically gifted all our team are...even Fane now seems to know his limits (except for his crazy run into the box today that fooled everyone!) 

i thought dales Centre Half (6) and Lillis were very good today which says it all after a 3-1 win. 

One of the best things today was Wellens not being scared to bring our (usually) star man Byrne off because his head had dropped early in the 2nd half...sign of a class manager that and it proved the right decision, hopefully Byrne now sees that and doesn’t get ahead of himself! 

I was thinking the same about Gerrard.

He has notably chucked his toys out of the pram for several of our managers and others, yet here he is putting a fantastic performance after being dropped. Sign of a good manager in RW I think.

Maybe the solution to sort of  alternate between him and Clarke gets the most out of both of them and maybe prolong their careers.

It seems Gerrard might have broken his collar bone.

Dummigan is having a hard time defending on the right with no cover in front of him but is doing exceptionally well.  Scores one and is always willing to run forward.  I know there was that dozy misdirected back pass but still my MOM.  Don't get me wrong Hunt, Bryan and Gerrard all put a shift in but Dummigan has to do the work of two much of the time because of the mainly absent Byrne.

That lad Byrne clearly has issues hence the loan of such a skilful match winning player to us.  Taken off due to lack of effort and given a right rollicking by Wellens.

A strange match with periods of total domination and periods of losing the midfield.  Manager fantastic did the trick with his substitutions leading to the Doyle brace.  The second is one I won't forget.

16 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Dummigan is having a hard time defending on the right with no cover in front of him but is doing exceptionally well.  Scores one and is always willing to run forward.  I know there was that dozy misdirected back pass but still my MOM.  Don't get me wrong Hunt, Bryan and Gerrard all put a shift in but Dummigan has to do the work of two much of the time because of the mainly absent Byrne.

That lad Byrne clearly has issues hence the loan of such a skilful match winning player to us.  Taken off due to lack of effort and given a right rollicking by Wellens.

A strange match with periods of total domination and periods of losing the midfield.  Manager fantastic did the trick with his substitutions leading to the Doyle brace.  The second is one I won't forget.

Hello Steve Eyre....

36 minutes ago, Hands on said:

1. Simon Cooper (Tony P's number 2) said it is a concussion. He was holding his arm in an unnatural position going off though.

2. Thought Byrne got a rollicking for his reaction to being substituted. However, as Gardner is going to be suspended for the next game and we needed more balance down our right (Dale brought Bunney on to give them more of a presence down that side) bringing Queensy on for Byrne was a very shrewd move by Wellens. 

3. Byrne is never going to be a wide player, the key is getting that covered by someone who can do some defending, Fane drifted over a lot in the 2nd half. I'd much rather Fane drifted over than we shackled the best footballer we've had for a while to one side of the pitch for defensive reasons.

4. Think Byrne's issues may be a two-way thing at Wigan, they can't afford to carry both him and Powell defensively and it's clear plastics manager doesn't rate him, then again perhaps Steve Eyre has been speaking too much to him.

Placide 7 standard,  solid.  One or two wayward kicks

Dummigan 8 took his goal very well. Cock up for theirs, but forgiven due to his graft for the rest of the game

Gerrard 8 solid, didn't put a foot wrong. I think rotating him and Clarke is a good idea.

(Clarke 7 straight swap, picked up where gerrard left off)

Byran 8 did very well

Hunt 7 quiet but did nothing wrong

Byrne 6 poor by his standards today. Looked deflated after a few missed opportunities.

(Quensy 7 did well for his short spell)

Fane 8 typical fane performance. Cleared house and offloaded the ball. Lovely mazy run. I like the guy a lot. Lost it couple times

Gardner 6 like Byrne look frustrated and poor by his standards. Didnt create much, but didnt drop any bollocks

Cappucino 6/7 great ball in for our first. Ball got away from him too many times.

Doyle 9 not great today, but scored 2. Thats what doyle can bring and why i said to my mate id swap davies, not doyle for AAH. That. Finish 

Davies 7 bullied on the ball. Ref ignored the dale players constantly fouling him. Needed more strength against physical defenders.....

(.... enter AAH 8 who made an impact and could shrug off their defenders, nice flick to doyle who still had it all to do. Came close himself)

4 minutes ago, mattyg101 said:

Dummigan 8 took his goal very well. Cock up for theirs, but forgiven due to his graft for the rest of the game

Gerrard 8 solid, didn't put a foot wrong. I think rotating him and Clarke is a good idea.

Byran 8 did very well

Byrne 6 poor by his standards today. Looked deflated after a few missed opportunities.

Fane 8 typical fane performance. Cleared house and offloaded the ball. Lovely mazy run. I like the guy a lot. Lost it couple times

Gardner 6 like Byrne look frustrated and poor by his standards. Didnt create much, but didnt drop any bollocks

Cappucino 6/7 great ball in for our first. Ball got away from him too many times.

Doyle 9 not great today, but scored 2. Thats what doyle can bring and why i said to my mate id swap davies, not doyle for AAH. That. Finish 

Davies 7 bullied on the ball. Ref ignored the dale players constantly fouling him. Needed more strength against physical defenders.....

(.... enter AAH 8 who made an impact and could shrug off their defenders, nice flick to doyle who still had it all to do. Came close himself)

Craig Davies bullied? Must of been watching a different game to me. He was a constant menance all game. He was quality.

Agree mainly but Davies was at least an 8

immense physicality that constantly unsettled dale defence 

and nepucemo made that first goal with determination and pace to keep ball in and then excellent cross. Worked really well in first half at least - right in front of me.

Just now, welshgaz said:

Craig Davies bullied? Must of been watching a different game to me. He was a constant menance all game. He was quality.

Was quite a harsh assessment.  He was very positive and actually played better than doyle. Why didnt he feed byrne on the break??!!

8 minutes ago, mattyg101 said:

Byran 8 did very well

Dummigan 8 and you only give 6's and 7's to Byrne, Gardner and Davies :laught30: