Rochdale (H)

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Dick_Valentine said:

Is this all ticket? Been on the Latics website, but can’t find anything? 

No. It's not even all ticket for Rochdale fans.

They are reminding their fans that ticket prices rise on the day.

https://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/2017/november/ticket-news-oldham_18.11.17/

I wouldn't change anything personally, Clarke has had a chance to recharge his batteries, Queensy is more of a threat than Nepomuceno and Holloway has been very effective as an impact player from the bench and is still behind Doyle and Davies, Wellens has had some time with them on the training ground and hopefully they've been working on our achilles heel - allowing and defending balls into the box, Ruddy/Placide isn't even up for debate the only decision for Wellens in the keeper department is either Wilson or Ruddy for the bench.

23 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

This and Wimbledon on the Tuesday are a great chance for 6 points (4 minimum).

Would anyone make any changes to the regular XI we've had recently?  Gerrard ahead of Clarke?  Queensy or Nepomuceno?  Does Holloway deserve a start?

Should Ruddy displace Johny??  :wink:

I thought that this was a serious post until your final sentence...?

1 hour ago, whittles left foot said:

Talking of sinking pints can anyone point me in the direction of a pub near the ground that sells proper beer as in real ale? Thinking of somewhere like The Rifle Range maybe?

You have said it yourself, the Rifle Range, decent ale and decent atmosphere, normally quite busy before the game.

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Talking of sinking pints can anyone point me in the direction of a pub near the ground that sells proper beer as in real ale? Thinking of somewhere like The Rifle Range maybe?

Carters at the end of Broadway usually has 2 or 3 decent hand pulls on. Some decent craft beers in the fridge too. 

5 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Be better off at Upsteps for real ale, more choice and prices much, much cheaper than the ridiculous prices charged at the Rifle Range. If you want a cheap pint try the Blue Club at the bottom of Victoria Street, good pint (cheapest in Chaddy) but no "real ale" on tap, plenty of parking and a ten minute walk from the ground.

8 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I wouldn't change anything personally, Clarke has had a chance to recharge his batteries, Queensy is more of a threat than Nepomuceno and Holloway has been very effective as an impact player from the bench and is still behind Doyle and Davies, Wellens has had some time with them on the training ground and hopefully they've been working on our achilles heel - allowing and defending balls into the box, Ruddy/Placide isn't even up for debate the only decision for Wellens in the keeper department is either Wilson or Ruddy for the bench.

I cannot understand how think this? Given the comments you have passed in the past about Banks I am amazed you see any good in this waste of a shirt.

1 minute ago, whittles left foot said:

I cannot understand how think this? Given the comments you have passed in the past about Banks I am amazed you see any good in this waste of a shirt.

Think he will turn out to be a good find and his goal against Blackburn was quality, I wasn't rating him as a player mearly giving my preference between him and Nepomuceno. 

I'd start Gevaro over Queensy unless he's been flying in training...

Clearly not as good/spectacular a player but he's better for our shape in my opinion.

Chuck Queensy on to terrorise them at 3 or 4 nil..... 

Placide

Dummigan (I'd prefer Wilson)

Clarke

Bryan

Hunt

Fane

Gardner

Byrne

Nepomuceno 

Davies

Doyle

12 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I'd start Gevaro over Queensy unless he's been flying in training...

Clearly not as good/spectacular a player but he's better for our shape in my opinion.

Chuck Queensy on to terrorise them at 3 or 4 nil..... 

Placide

Dummigan (I'd prefer Wilson)

Clarke

Bryan

Hunt

Fane

Gardner

Byrne

Nepomuceno 

Davies

Doyle

That starting eleven is probably the one that Wellens believes to be his strongest at the moment.

Strong candidates for the bench too - Holloway, Menig, Flynn, Omrani, Gerrard, Wilson, Duffus, Obadeyi

Let’s hope that they are all up for this game - could be a cracker ?

Edited by TheBigDog

9 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

That starting eleven is probably the one that Wellens believes to be his strongest at the moment.

Strong candidates for the bench too - Holloway, Menig, Flynn, Omrani, Gerrard, Wilson, Duffus, Obadeyi

Let’s hope that they are all up for this game - could be a cracker ?

Strongest we've been in ages, in my opinion. Though we've felt that about past squads and now look back on them with utter disdain :grin:

I'm intrigued to see how good a fit, healthy Duffus is...

Imagine if he's better than Doyle :lol:

Not beyond the realms of possibility......

Edited by HarryBosch