Wimbledon (H)

We will batter these tonight another 3 or 4 and hopefully a clean sheet, after the toughish run of games we've had this will be a doddle, that form table doesn't paint a true picture to me because there's no way MK should of robbed a point and the home defeat to Scunthorpe came from a disastrous 20 minutes and we should of still rescued a point from that, start like we did Saturday and these will be having their bellies tickled by half time.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Harry Forrester is starting to hit form as are Wimbledon so this won’t be a walk in the park

6 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

We will batter these tonight another 3 or 4 and hopefully a clean sheet, after the toughish run of games we've had this will be a doddle, that form table doesn't paint a true picture to me because there's no way MK should of robbed a point and the home defeat to Scunthorpe came from a disastrous 20 minutes and we should of still rescued a point from that, start like we did Saturday and these will be having their bellies tickled by half time.

Opinions huh? That’s what this forum and football in general is all about.

Let’s see who will be proved right...?

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

I'm nowhere near as confident, all too often we trip up on the "easier" games.

Having said that, we are due to really batter someone.

9 minutes ago, peanuts said:

can remember hull at home 90/91 they were awfull we only had to turn up  fotress boundary etc etc lost 2-0 to two soft back post headers our Achillies heel at the time 

Yes I remember that one, bottom of the division weren’t they at the time? 

All turned out well in the end though eh. 

30 minutes ago, peanuts said:

can remember hull at home 90/91 they were awfull we only had to turn up  fotress boundary etc etc lost 2-0 to two soft back post headers our Achillies heel at the time 

Andy Payton scored as he usually did against us in fact he might have got them both

I really think we will miss Gardner tonight, gets through alot of work and drives us forward at times.  Not sure who is gonna take his place, the good version of Omrani hopefully, not the Scunthorpe version!!  Dont think a two of Fane and Byrne would work with two wingers.  Wouldnt think Flynn could play in the middle trio either.  Tough decision for Wellens, no idea if Mouche is of any use?

Hope for an easy 3-0 win, sneaky feeling this will end up 2-2, an exciting draw.

29 minutes ago, deckyd said:

I really think we will miss Gardner tonight, gets through alot of work and drives us forward at times.  Not sure who is gonna take his place, the good version of Omrani hopefully, not the Scunthorpe version!!  Dont think a two of Fane and Byrne would work with two wingers.  Wouldnt think Flynn could play in the middle trio either.  Tough decision for Wellens, no idea if Mouche is of any use?

Hope for an easy 3-0 win, sneaky feeling this will end up 2-2, an exciting draw.

I agree about Gardner, i think he works well with the other 2. I would expect Wellens to start Green.

Nice to see some good words written about Gardner. He's really come on and was covering from side to side to protect the defence and in behind the full backs all game on Saturday. A lot of the work people don't take a lot of notice of. His only mistake was a silly booking...but maybe he felt he just couldn't let the man past so hustled him far more than was legal.

He's a big miss tonight. Omrani hasn't shown he's got the concentration or the engine to do that job. Green hasn't. The options are limited...may be a case of dropping Fane deeper and him play that role tonight. 

Edited by boundaryblue80

I’d put Wilson at right back to cover Dummigan on the right against Barcham and go with Byrne and Fane it’s a risk but for one game. I agree that Omrani is no starter. Green is not mobile enough. Flynn’s interesting but he won’t put his foot in. 

Tonight’s where you earn your money Mr Wellens...

3 hours ago, deckyd said:

:lol:

1 hour ago, oafcprozac said:

I’d put Wilson at right back to cover Dummigan on the right against Barcham and go with Byrne and Fane it’s a risk but for one game. I agree that Omrani is no starter. Green is not mobile enough. Flynn’s interesting but he won’t put his foot in. 

Tonight’s where you earn your money Mr Wellens...

If Flynn starts instead of Gardner (not that I would), surely this signals a full on attacking intent, they might be more worried about us.

FWIW I would play Green which on here doesn't sound like the most popular option.

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

Talk us through this idea..... :grin:

I think Green gets a fair bit of unwarranted stick on here, one thing he doesnt do in a game is hide, we are stuck with the fact Gardner is out (he has been a revelation this season), for me Green is possibly the nearest like for like we have.

And I haven't started on the sauce pre game yet.