Wimbledon (H)

5 hours ago, BP1960 said:

If it was a red card offence for goalkeepers  to deliberately waste time they wouldn't do it.

Wasn't there a rule once a keeper had to release the ball on so many seconds after receiving it?

Used to only be able to take 4 steps as well before kicking or releasing it

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Magister said:

there is a law of the game ( rarely used) which says he can be penalised with an indirect free kick for holding the ball for longer than 6 seconds.

Was taken out of the rule book after it was controversially applied in the 2012 women's Olympic tournament semi finals. It's now "referee's discretion". (i.e. never)

32 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Was taken out of the rule book after it was controversially applied in the 2012 women's Olympic tournament semi finals. It's now "referee's discretion". (i.e. never)

Thanks for that ....that had passed me by

So if goalkeeper lies on the ball and it is still in play there is very little that can /will be done about it

4 hours ago, al_bro said:

If our goalie wastes time like that, they are booked much sooner for some reason and then 6 or 7 minutes is added on, not 4. 

I hate all time wasting, but it seems acceptable now and time is supposedly added on to compensate. It's the time wasting that frustrates fans and it should be stamped out of the game. If I were a ref I would go into each dressing room before the game and give them a warning. Players walking off slowly would be booked and if they continued to walk slowly, or run slower than they walk, they would receive a red card and no sub would be allowed on. Goalkeepers should be booked on their first attempt to waste time and sent off if they do it again.

Yes we all hate time wasting but if we. Are winning 1-0 with a minute to go on Saturday I will be furious if one of our players runs off upon being substututed

51 minutes ago, Simpo said:

Yet the reference to six seconds remains in this season's laws of the game.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

11 minutes ago, Magister said:

Yes we all hate time wasting but if we. Are winning 1-0 with a minute to go on Saturday I will be furious if one of our players runs off upon being substututed

I get that but the games we've been involved in where we have time wasted the refs added upto ten minutes on and in some cases rightly so, four minutes last night was nothing more than a piss take.

14 minutes ago, aaronoafc said:

Yeah he's quality. 

When Nepomuceno arrived he looked like a player with a decent amount of skill but lacking in match fitness and awareness of the English (League 1) game.

He has definitely come on hugely in the latter two areas - and looks like he might be a good ‘un.

If we see similar progress with our other imports that will do for me ?

17 hours ago, opinions4u said:

Yet the reference to six seconds remains in this season's laws of the game.

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/lawsandrules/laws/football-11-11/law-12---fouls-and-misconduct

They are keen to book a player for taking his shirt off yet won't apply this rule.

2 hours ago, TheBigDog said:

When Nepomuceno arrived he looked like a player with a decent amount of skill but lacking in match fitness and awareness of the English (League 1) game.

He has definitely come on hugely in the latter two areas - and looks like he might be a good ‘un.

If we see similar progress with our other imports that will do for me ?

I like him.

He's not as exciting as wingers can be but does & will have his moments. 

Decent delivery, should have a few goals in him over time and our shape seems better with him in the side. He's clearly been well coached where he's played previously. 

Edited by HarryBosch

49 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I like him.

Decent delivery, should have a few goals in him over time and our shape seems better with him in the side. He's clearly been well coached where he's played previously. 

Exciting but can’t cross are the normal wingers. This guy can cross! I’d take that over a pacy  run down the wing and no end product.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

They are keen to book a player for taking his shirt off yet won't apply this rule.

Counting to 6 might be beyond the ability of some of the refs we get.... or maybe they just can't be arsed

The ref we had vs Scunthorpe didn't have the ability to count the 10 yards for free kicks.... or maybe he couldn't be arsed

4 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I like him.

Don't think we've seen him beat a man yet. If that comes he will be worth something as he has a lot of positives.

5 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

I like him.

He's just my type of Winger Harry, defensively sound!

Joking aside he's very industrious too and isn't too bad going forward. Rightly  ahead of Menig for me. 

Edited by welshgaz

3 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He sometimes looks like he's never played football in his life and he looks like he needs to shift a few pounds.

But he can dig out a fantastic cross and is quite important to the shape we have in the side...

Good striker of the ball. That's why I think he should be taking set pieces.

4 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

He sometimes looks like he's never played football in his life and he looks like he needs to shift a few pounds.

But he can dig out a fantastic cross and is quite important to the shape we have in the side...

It's Queensy I worry about in that regard. He can beat a man but I don't get the feeling he knows what he's doing on the pitch