Gillingham away

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

I've been once. We got rolled 1-0. I think it's a pretty safe bet to say I will never go there again...

That was 2009. We’ve only lost once in nine since then. Looking for a victory in a high scoring game this weekend. 

On  another note, I’ve yet  to find a decent pub in all the times I’ve been down there ?

14 minutes ago, bowl said:

I got nicked there before the game in 2005 and didn't get let out until 10pm. 

What a shite day.

Sorry to hear that bowl.

on a brighter note - We won the game 1-0 with Chris Killen scoring early in the game.

Btw I  behaved myself and had a not too shabby day ?

For reasons too boring to explain I sat with  the Gills fans when they  played Walsall on Saturday last, they won with their only shot. Walsall should have won by a hatful but didn't put any of their chances away.

Gillingham defended deep, were well organised and will be no push over when we play them. 

BTW the Gills fans are posh , thought Walsall was 'the north '! And for some reason really hate Swindon ! 

1 hour ago, 4oakslatic said:

And for some reason really hate Swindon ! 

It is an unusual rivalry bearing in mind the distance between the two places but there is some history between the two sides dating back to the late 70s. It stems from a couple of controversy filled games when they were both promotion rivals in division three.  There were sendings off in both games and a lot of animosity between the teams.  In the end neither team got promoted but Gillingham missed out by a point and still blame Swindon for it to this day.

19 hours ago, we hate man,u and city to said:

Quite a few ex-tics (Josh Parker, Connor Wilkinson and Tom Eaves) one's bound to score. Confident we'll get a win though. 

Eaves is looking a handful this season. He’s presumably fitter as he has become more mobile than the big lump he was at Yeovil.

i still expect Gerrard to be able to deal with him though.

Gillinghams left back should get rings run around him by Dummigan, I think we’ll get most of our joy down that side on Saturday.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

Agree with that, spent time in Chatham and that's another town that leaves a lot to be desired, add Rochester to that list as well.

I was stuck in negative equity in Chatham for seven years all told; not the greatest time of my life.  Rochester was alright.

Edited by Dave_Og

On 22/11/2017 at 8:33 AM, TheBigDog said:

That was 2009. We’ve only lost once in nine since then. Looking for a victory in a high scoring game this weekend. 

On  another note, I’ve yet  to find a decent pub in all the times I’ve been down there ?

Yep, that's right. I'd been out on the Friday and was woken up by a mate stood at the end of my bed on the Saturday because my dad had given up trying to wake me up. I was hungover to shit. The game was toss. We lost to a penalty and someone shit themself on the minibus on the way back. 

It's a strong contender for being the worst day of my life...

7 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Agree with that, spent time in Chatham and that's another town that leaves a lot to be desired, add Rochester to that list as well.

I used to live just outside Rochester (Higham and then Strood), in the late 60s / early 70s, and worked in Chatham. Dumps, the lot of 'em. As for Gillingham, even worse.

2 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Yep, that's right. I'd been out on the Friday and was woken up by a mate stood at the end of my bed on the Saturday because my dad had given up trying to wake me up. I was hungover to shit. The game was toss. We lost to a penalty and someone shit themself on the minibus on the way back. 

It's a strong contender for being the worst day of my life...

I think I tried talking to you at half time but gave up fairly soon.