OWTB Forums
Sign in to follow this  
L1onheartNew

Ashes 2017

Nearly three days in and a tradditional test match for a change. Need to only lose one Maybe two tonight and push on tomorrow. It is still a good batting track and there are still runs to be had. 

The finish of the match had a rather familiar look about it, if we are not careful I can see another 5-0 on the cards.

We need pace in our attack..... Mark Wood is playing in a Lions game this week, one assumes so they can check his fitness before a potential call up for the Perth test. I'd have taken Plunkett over both Overton and Tom Curran too.

the quicker Somerset & Avon police can tell us whether Stokes has a case to answer or not would be appreciated too.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

We need pace in our attack..... Mark Wood is playing in a Lions game this week, one assumes so they can check his fitness before a potential call up for the Perth test. I'd have taken Plunkett over both Overton and Tom Curran too.

the quicker Somerset & Avon police can tell us whether Stokes has a case to answer or not would be appreciated too.

It wouldn't surprise me if the ECB are asking the police the same questions right now.

No settled batting lineup, bowlers dining out on previous tours that won't bowl at the stumps trying to find an outside edge that just isn't there. Another average Aussie team are likely to beat us 5-0 again. Where's the young quick bowlers that are going to get us the 60 wickets we'll need to nick this series?

2 hours ago, leeslover said:

Stokes should be pardoned to mark Harry getting engaged 

Stokes should be on the next plane out there let's have a bit of aggression in the team, we're too nice.

On 27/11/2017 at 3:51 PM, oafcprozac said:

No settled batting lineup, bowlers dining out on previous tours that won't bowl at the stumps trying to find an outside edge that just isn't there. Another average Aussie team are likely to beat us 5-0 again. Where's the young quick bowlers that are going to get us the 60 wickets we'll need to nick this series?

Anderson and Broad bowled quite well in the first innings. Gave hardly anything away, took combined figures of 5-99. They don't have express pace, so thats how they've got to bowl over there. They just weren't backed up at all by the other bowlers. Could have also been helped if the batsmen had converted 250-4 into a lot more than 300. Need big scores to bowl at in Aus, especially if you dont have bowlers who can bowl 90+mph.

• Upvote 1

I see Wood only took 1 wicket and went for 4.5 an over in the Lions game against Queensland this week.....

....Amar Virdi [no?, young Surrey spinner born down't road from me in Chiswick] took a 4-for though....!

On 11/27/2017 at 3:51 PM, oafcprozac said:

well andersons fifer is at odds with that 

We’ve took 28/40 Aussies have 40/40 this 2-0, no centurions a castrated tail and both openers well out of nick. As I said 5-0 Jimmy was good in the second innings bowled like Elmo in the first innings. 

23 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

We’ve took 28/40 Aussies have 40/40 this 2-0, no centurions a castrated tail and both openers well out of nick. As I said 5-0 Jimmy was good in the second innings bowled like Elmo in the first innings. 

We look to be staring down a gun barrel at the moment, I agree, can't see us avoiding a 5-0 tbh.