Club statement HMRC raid

We had a visit at work once from a smart chap who introduced himself as coming from HMRC,  he said nothing until after we had wined and dined him,  then he remarked  "Thanks very much, they had no vacancies there so I thought I'd try you". 

Edited by BP1960
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

From Twitter @1lazyboy1

I own my own business and if you're a little late paying your tax they will turn up to see you. Isn't a big thing. Not if you can then pay or promise payment #oafc

In that case, why have they not turned up on all the other previous occasions.

I'm not saying it is unsolvable, but it is a step up from the messes previously.

Hopefully a cash flow problem from the delays in the takeover.

Edited by singe

Ah but when HMRC come mob handed and it is a raid, ie no appointment, with members of the Serious Fraud Office I think it might be a little bit more than late payment.  However let us hope it is the off field activity that has attracted attention.  After all what can a loss making league one club get up to.

13 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Ah but when HMRC come mob handed and it is a raid, ie no appointment, with members of the Serious Fraud Office I think it might be a little bit more than late payment.  However let us hope it is the off field activity that has attracted attention.  After all what can a loss making league one club get up to.

Financial irregularities means a big fucking points deduction....

14 minutes ago, Hands on said:

HMRC can get blood out of a stone, except in the case of certain multi nationals.

Edited by BP1960