Club statement HMRC raid

33 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You would think the club would grasp the earliest opportunity to state there is no case to answer, no?

For a start they RAIDED the OEC at the same time, it might not be confined to the club, could be other bodies and individuals involved. Hector will say if he's knocking it on the head

41 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

You would think the club would grasp the earliest opportunity to state there is no case to answer, no?

Not really their call though I don't think. Remeber there were raids on West Ham, Newcastle and some #FrenchClubs around a simialr time and nothing has been mentined since by them either. Would imagine the wheels turn slowly.

44 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

From personal experience HMRC aren’t exactly the quickest organisation at dealing with cases or updating their records either.

3 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I think it was sarcasm.  He meant if a 'raid' is still going on after 9 months then it isn't really a raid.  It would be a very slow and obvious 'raid' after the first few days...

Anyhow, the ongoing investigation (if indeed there is one) has been going for 9 months now?  That's a long time with nothing happening.

Just because HMRC haven’t signed up on here to tell you what they are doing doesn’t mean they aren’t, very slowly, doing what they do.

14 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Calm down. It was you who was saying ‘nothing happening’ not me.

Why? What’s apparently happened in the last 9 months? I’m not aware of anything. 

Edited by kowenicki

11 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Oh dear. I say again, just because HMRC have not updated you what they are doing, doesn’t mean they aren’t doing anything.

Try and give thinking a go before you reply, it can do wonders in terms of comprehension.

Nor does it say they are still doing anything. 

Try having an an open mind before thinking the worst, it can do wonders for your mental health. 

Edited by kowenicki

Lame. You didn’t take any time to think and have made an incorrect assumption due to lack of comprehension. I’m not thinking the worst, I’m thinking they are doing something, of which I know nothing, in their own slow, secret, quiet way.

Thank you for your concern as to my mental health, my mental health is poor, but is not down to negative thinking regarding Latics, I am imeasurably positive, sometimes to the point of naiivety, when it comes to Latics.

Slow down a bit, let your brain catch up and you may be able to cut out some of your silly mistakes. Good luck ??

2 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

Lame. You didn’t take any time to think and have made an incorrect assumption due to lack of comprehension. I’m not thinking the worst, I’m thinking they are doing something, of which I know nothing, in their own slow, secret, quiet way.

Thank you for your concern as to my mental health, my mental health is poor, but is not down to negative thinking regarding Latics, I am imeasurably positive, sometimes to the point of naiivety, when it comes to Latics.

Slow down a bit, let your brain catch up and you may be able to cut out some of your silly mistakes. Good luck ??

Like I said they might be doing nothing.  Nobody knows.