Club statement HMRC raid

25 minutes ago, Dick_Valentine said:

The majority of folk in Oldham don’t go to watch them, especially the rugby club. Too busy being armchair Premier League/Super League fans. 

That's partly the fault of the current owners of both teams who've little interest in running the clubs with any real ambition or vision.

4 hours ago, singe said:

My definition is that if they made an appointment it is a visit, if they didn't it's a raid.
Let's hope it's the former.

I know staff in both the HMRC and DWP. They have notified and unnotified visits. However, a 'visit' from 15 people - some from the SFO - feels more like a raid if you're on the receiving end.

1 minute ago, Laticfanatic1 said:

She's not wrong. The place is a absolute dump.

It is that bad that you can't buy a house for love or money in certain parts of the borough....try Uppermill for example....a house in Lydgate has just sold for £5 million.....it has a top independent school ...9 thriving Cricket clubs........

• Like 1

Some parts of Oldham are a shit hole, other parts are definitely not. Just like every town/city

For those who lived in the town for 30 years and think it's a shit hole didn't live near me!

Maybe you get what you deserve & what you work for! 

Edited by palmer1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Magister said:

It is that bad that you can't buy a house for love or money in certain parts of the borough....try Uppermill for example....a house in Lydgate has just sold for £5 million.....it has a top independent school ...9 thriving Cricket clubs........

Perhaps she was referring to the less salubrious parts of town? Of which there are many. 

Just now, Magister said:

11 ot the 12 above are GMCL members?

Thriving you said though?

Ormskirk 2017 - 1st, 2nd's, 3rd's all Champions, LCB Knock Cup Winners, National Knock Out R Up, Lancs 20/20 Winners - 3 players signed pro contracts with Counties 

Oh yeah and a £500k new clubhouse built.

Now I've visited about 70% of the grounds you mention and the clubs whilst having dedicated volunteers are barely keeping their heads above water particularly when it comes to facilites

4 minutes ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

A strange definition of thriving for me... There are exceptions but generally local cricket is dying on its arse and even the the clubs with money men who pay all their players couldn't raise 2nd teams last season. 

These cricket clubs in question will never go bankrupt someone will always bail them out.