Apparently Scunthorpe have tabled a £300k offer to Preston for Doyle.

Unless Mr Lemsagam does have the cash then its goodbye to our hotshot striker.

Great memories, some great goals and hopefully Wellens with Mr Lemsagam's cash can bring in another striker who can maintain the goals 

3 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Apparently Scunthorpe have tabled a £300k offer to Preston for Doyle.

Unless Mr Lemsagam does have the cash then its goodbye to our hotshot striker.

Great memories, some great goals and hopefully Wellens with Mr Lemsagam's cash can bring in another striker who can maintain the goals 

Who says we won’t match it? We don’t know what sort of financial clout AL has yet. If whisperings are correct about him wanting to continue the stadium improvements, I’m sure he must have some cash to burn.

18 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Who says we won’t match it? We don’t know what sort of financial clout AL has yet. If whisperings are correct about him wanting to continue the stadium improvements, I’m sure he must have some cash to burn.

Its Oldham - we've never been that lucky

18 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Yes we have 

Not for a fair few years.  

Last time was Moore when we spent on Killen, Smart, Hall, Hill, Armstrong etc.  

That season I thought we'd cracked it.  Wealthy owner, ambitious, momentum on the pitch and then it all collapsed days after that semi-final second leg at Loftus Road.   The following summer in 2003 with the club staff travelling down to Oxford illustrated just how quickly our fortunates can turn 180 degrees.

Have we really emulated that since?  The play-off under Shez excepted, these last 14 years have been a constant downward trend.

Would love me to be proved wrong but I don't get the feeling that Mr Lemsagam is mega wealthy but probably on par to Blitz.  Appreciate negotiations take time but the uncertainty over whether he's buying the club, stadium, land etc doesn't fill me with too much confidence.  Time will tell......

Edited by Midsblue

50 minutes ago, robboman said:

Who says Doyle wants to uproot his family and move to Scunthorpe?

Not that much of an uproot to scunthorpe though is it. I mean it is commutable

2 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

You wouldn't move the family, but a four hour round trip must come into the equation.

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Not from Preston it isn’t.

It involves, no matter which way he goes, a commute across/around Leeds which is a nightmare.

I fear he will go and of course I know it’s all about the money but Jesus... Scunthorpe!?   Every time I am in that part of the world it depresses me.  As a football area it’s hardly a hot bed either.  Attendances are terrible for a club with recent good times too.  Annoying. 

Edited by kowenicki

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

It involves, no matter which way he goes, a commute across/around Leeds which is a nightmare.

Commuting can include staying in a hotel/apartment through the week. He wouldn’t have to do it every day. 

6 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Def not commutable. He would need to move. 

2 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Commuting can include staying in a hotel/apartment through the week. He wouldn’t have to do it every day. 

Guarantee that his form falls off a cliff if he does that.  He has a very young family. 

Christ. Clutching at straws talking about commutes here, lads.

Footballers move to clubs across the country all the time. Why is the Doyle situation any different?

Just now, kowenicki said:

Guarantee that his form falls off a cliff if he does that.  He has a very young family. 

Quite possibly. It’s still an option though. My dad did it when he had a young family and I turned out fine. Cough.  :lol:

• Like 1

If he is prepared to uproot I've heard Charlton is his likely destination, closer to home Fleetwood are keen on him and I suspect there will be others like Wigan and Blackburn monitoring the situation.

2 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Not for a fair few years.  

Last time was Moore when we spent on Killen, Smart, Hall, Hill, Armstrong etc.  

That season I thought we'd cracked it.  Wealthy owner, ambitious, momentum on the pitch and then it all collapsed days after that semi-final second leg at Loftus Road.   ....

it was collapsing well before then.

Preston to Scunthorpe is not commutable, it’s at least 5hrs per day at least five times a week, which would mean spending over one day in seven sat in a car in traffic.

We are all doomed a tell ye...... Doyle WILL sign for latics.  He doesnt have to leave Preston if HE doesn't want to. He knows hes getting games here and trusts the manager. A bit of positive  thinking please!!!!!! Some of you lot must be great company at Christmas. Bah humbug. 

9 minutes ago, josh_latics said:

Fuck Alan Nixon. About 40 minutes before we signed Doyle, he said he wasn't coming.

He wasn’t when he tweeted that information.

Then the situation changed and there was new information. 

Bit of a bargain £300K isn’t it. Using that price as a barometer, I would speulate that it would cost £1M to permanently sign Doyle, Byrne and Brian. Therefore, in my opinion, the price of a top six finish is £1m.

30 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Preston to Scunthorpe is not commutable, it’s at least 5hrs per day at least five times a week, which would mean spending over one day in seven sat in a car in traffic.

Preston to Scunthorpe is a 2 hour drive. That's easily commutable. I do Rochdale to Nottingham, work 8 hours then drive home 5 days a week.