Apparently Scunthorpe have tabled a £300k offer to Preston for Doyle.

Unless Mr Lemsagam does have the cash then its goodbye to our hotshot striker.

Great memories, some great goals and hopefully Wellens with Mr Lemsagam's cash can bring in another striker who can maintain the goals 

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Midsblue said:

Apparently Scunthorpe have tabled a £300k offer to Preston for Doyle.

Unless Mr Lemsagam does have the cash then its goodbye to our hotshot striker.

Great memories, some great goals and hopefully Wellens with Mr Lemsagam's cash can bring in another striker who can maintain the goals 

Who says we won’t match it? We don’t know what sort of financial clout AL has yet. If whisperings are correct about him wanting to continue the stadium improvements, I’m sure he must have some cash to burn.

18 minutes ago, oafc_lover said:

Who says we won’t match it? We don’t know what sort of financial clout AL has yet. If whisperings are correct about him wanting to continue the stadium improvements, I’m sure he must have some cash to burn.

Its Oldham - we've never been that lucky

18 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Yes we have 

Not for a fair few years.  

Last time was Moore when we spent on Killen, Smart, Hall, Hill, Armstrong etc.  

That season I thought we'd cracked it.  Wealthy owner, ambitious, momentum on the pitch and then it all collapsed days after that semi-final second leg at Loftus Road.   The following summer in 2003 with the club staff travelling down to Oxford illustrated just how quickly our fortunates can turn 180 degrees.

Have we really emulated that since?  The play-off under Shez excepted, these last 14 years have been a constant downward trend.

Would love me to be proved wrong but I don't get the feeling that Mr Lemsagam is mega wealthy but probably on par to Blitz.  Appreciate negotiations take time but the uncertainty over whether he's buying the club, stadium, land etc doesn't fill me with too much confidence.  Time will tell......

13 minutes ago, GlossopLatic said:

Not that much of an uproot to scunthorpe though is it. I mean it is commutable

Not from Preston it isn’t.

It involves, no matter which way he goes, a commute across/around Leeds which is a nightmare.

I fear he will go and of course I know it’s all about the money but Jesus... Scunthorpe!?   Every time I am in that part of the world it depresses me.  As a football area it’s hardly a hot bed either.  Attendances are terrible for a club with recent good times too.  Annoying. 

2 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Not from Preston it isn’t.

It involves, no matter which way he goes, a commute across/around Leeds which is a nightmare.

Commuting can include staying in a hotel/apartment through the week. He wouldn’t have to do it every day. 

2 minutes ago, jorvik_latic said:

Commuting can include staying in a hotel/apartment through the week. He wouldn’t have to do it every day. 

Guarantee that his form falls off a cliff if he does that.  He has a very young family. 

2 hours ago, Midsblue said:

Not for a fair few years.  

Last time was Moore when we spent on Killen, Smart, Hall, Hill, Armstrong etc.  

That season I thought we'd cracked it.  Wealthy owner, ambitious, momentum on the pitch and then it all collapsed days after that semi-final second leg at Loftus Road.   ....

it was collapsing well before then.

30 minutes ago, Monty Burns said:

Preston to Scunthorpe is not commutable, it’s at least 5hrs per day at least five times a week, which would mean spending over one day in seven sat in a car in traffic.

Preston to Scunthorpe is a 2 hour drive. That's easily commutable. I do Rochdale to Nottingham, work 8 hours then drive home 5 days a week. 

Archived