22 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

If there really is a release clause in Rob Hunt’s contract at £300,000 then job’s a good ‘un . 

I have to say that both he and Dumingtoninghamigan have been fantastic. Loving the way that their first touch puts the ball two yards in front of them toward the opposition goal. Attack minded every time they get the ball.

300k needs to come from somewhere else

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

I have to say that both he and Dumingtoninghamigan have been fantastic. Loving the way that their first touch puts the ball two yards in front of them toward the opposition goal. Attack minded every time they get the ball.

300k needs to come from somewhere else

It isn't just 300k though unfortunately, it's the long contract on big wages as well.

Once he started scoring for us (pretty much straight away), it became obvious that he would attract interest from teams who can, and will, pay more than us. I have resigned myself to losing him since the Portsmouth game in September and, whether we like it or not, Scunthorpe are a much better proposition for a footballer than we are. They pay a lot more and they are usually challenging at the top end of the table - we have just moved above 15th for the first time in ages...

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Once he started scoring for us (pretty much straight away), it became obvious that he would attract interest from teams who can, and will, pay more than us. I have resigned myself to losing him since the Portsmouth game in September and, whether we like it or not, Scunthorpe are a much better proposition for a footballer than we are. They pay a lot more and they are usually challenging at the top end of the table - we have just moved above 15th for the first time in ages...

Have Scunthorpe rich owners?

21 hours ago, HarryBosch said:

There are a few of them.

They churn out lingo & acronyms from their workplaces/industries that people who don't also do their job wouldn't possibly understand in, I assume, an effort to appear clever only for those of us reading to think "what a dickhead". 

Halle-fuckinglujah

4 hours ago, Corazzin19 said:

Can we sing songs about Doyle signing for us for 90 mins at every game we still have him. Maybe he will want to stay?

RW said in his interview that all 3 of them wanted to stay.

23 minutes ago, pcassist said:

Nixon on Twitter says "Preston. Close to a Prem loan signing. Attacker. Bit online shortly or in paper tomorrow".
If this happens it looks like Doyles definitely not wanted there.............

Doyle def isn’t wanted there. I think that is clear. They’ve been linked with more than one new striker. 

I suppose it all depends on how long his contract is at Preston.  If it ends this summer and, the big if, he stays here and keeps scoring he will get a better deal for himself over the summer.

We will know soon if the ambition of our club is league one safety or onwards and hopefully upwards.  The same old same old and players will go and then Wellens....... (Just like Johnson who was the one)

From an investment point of view, AL could purchase doyle, 3 year contract, with the view of selling him not this year but next year, if and obviously it’s a big if, he carries on scoring, we would be able to sell him, at the same time the team would more than likely be more successful and potential attendance increase. 

If he has the money, which I would believe he does based on the fact he wants to buy a football club and he knows what he’s getting himself into on the investment front, then he needs to invest into the playing squad. There needs to be money pumped in to benefit both the club and him personally, instead of having these players available to us then moving onto the next cycle of players. We don’t get anywhere on both the playing field and financially with this model. I’m just hoping the way the club is run is more efficient under AL, but I understand Corney has accepted he has taken us as far as he can and cannot blame him. 

6 minutes ago, LightDN123 said:

From an investment point of view, AL could purchase doyle, 3 year contract, with the view of selling him not this year but next year, if and obviously it’s a big if, he carries on scoring, we would be able to sell him, at the same time the team would more than likely be more successful and potential attendance increase. 

If he has the money, which I would believe he does based on the fact he wants to buy a football club and he knows what he’s getting himself into on the investment front, then he needs to invest into the playing squad. There needs to be money pumped in to benefit both the club and him personally, instead of having these players available to us then moving onto the next cycle of players. We don’t get anywhere on both the playing field and financially with this model. I’m just hoping the way the club is run is more efficient under AL, but I understand Corney has accepted he has taken us as far as he can and cannot blame him. 

Exactly, if he does have the money then Byrne and Doyle are good investments. We could make our money back if we wanted to sell barring bad injuries.

Since Wellens took charge Doyle has 10 goals in 13 games in the league. If that form was over the season he'd have 35 goals.

Over the whole season he has 12 goals from 22 games in the league. Over the season that equates to 25 goals.

There's the reason other clubs are sniffing around and he's said he wants to stay here so it comes down to money.

Get it done... because if we don't then there is no investment.

19 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Or we could bring in three shit ineffective forwards for the same outlay as we've had a tendency to do in recent years. 

If you sign him for 3 years, he scores 50-60 goals but you are still in the same league at the end of it has it been worthwhile? Hard to say.

Archived