• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, leeslover said:

He'd take a massive chunk of our wages, even if he fancied it it would be a straight gamble on him being fit and scoring 35-40 goals in an otherwise cheapskate team.

....only if Lemsagam isn't topping up our budget with some 'Fortune Income'. In his statement, he talked about 'Major Investment'....?

Do we really need him for a league that seems to thrive with physical big centre forwards. That is people like Reed, Lincoln and Akinfenwa, Wycombe . I do think that if we can get Duffus up to speed and play him alongside Holloway we could have a good partnership. Duffus has played well in Ireland and scored goals. I think Doyle is too big a gamble in division 2 because of his health issues. Clayton Donaldson might be a good option seeing he has been released from Sheffield United

8 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

Do we really need him for a league that seems to thrive with physical big centre forwards. That is people like Reed, Lincoln and Akinfenwa, Wycombe . I do think that if we can get Duffus up to speed and play him alongside Holloway we could have a good partnership. Duffus has played well in Ireland and scored goals. I think Doyle is too big a gamble in division 2 because of his health issues. Clayton Donaldson might be a good option seeing he has been released from Sheffield United

Clear case of sunstroke here.

5 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

I’ll remind you of this quote next season when Duffus is banging in the goals for us. 

And we'll remind you of your quote when Clayton Donaldson laughs at the suggestion of moving down 2 divisions.

4 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

I’ll remind you of this quote next season when Duffus is banging in the goals for us. 

The lad has certainly got the physical attributes but got an awful lot of improvement to find on what we saw.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

The lad has certainly got the physical attributes but got an awful lot of improvement to find on what we saw.

He needs a good preseason admitted but they love him in Ireland. He seems to have benefited from getting game time there like Edmundson at Flyde so give the lad a chance he seems to know where the back of the net is. Even Doyle found it difficult to get back his fitness after his blood clot and Duffus was in hospital with pleurisy for a couple of months. He seems to be coming good now he has regained fitness and let’s face it he came recommended by big Joe. 

14 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

And we'll remind you of your quote when Clayton Donaldson laughs at the suggestion of moving down 2 divisions.

He’s 32 too old for championship . Depends on the ambition of AL and if he is prepared to pay what he wants for a wage

1 hour ago, Smiler13 said:

:petesake: Don't even know where to start.

The point being both Duffus and McEleney have had an interrupted season for different reasons so the hope is that with a normal pre-season we can more accurately judge their true worth to the team we all support. Both have had good reviews from people employed in the sport and I would trust their judgement until they are proved wrong. 

17 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

The point being both Duffus and McEleney have had an interrupted season for different reasons so the hope is that with a normal pre-season we can more accurately judge their true worth to the team we all support. Both have had good reviews from people employed in the sport and I would trust their judgement until they are proved wrong. 

Well said I agree with you. Too much negativity on this forum. 

One thing has plagued me since the Northampton game. The camera was on Byrne sat on the ground head in hands. Who should jog past but Doyle. No consoling, no nothing. He just jogged past like nothing had happened. I found that quite bizarre.

24 minutes ago, L1onheartNew said:

One thing has plagued me since the Northampton game. The camera was on Byrne sat on the ground head in hands. Who should jog past but Doyle. No consoling, no nothing. He just jogged past like nothing had happened. I found that quite bizarre.

He knows Byrne better than any of us. Maybe he thought leaving Byrne alone at that moment was for the best. 

1 hour ago, L1onheartNew said:

1 hour ago, Nohairdontcare said:

He knows Byrne better than any of us. Maybe he thought leaving Byrne alone at that moment was for the best. 

He’s into shagging wives not cuddling guys ?

1 hour ago, Nohairdontcare said:

Understand that. I just found it odd that he didnt even look; except straight ahead.

After all the hype and polava with the stay now song ultimately think in hindsight this is why we got relegated we thought it was not possible to go down with ED in the side and the goals that would follow sadly that did not materialize and was not wise put all our eggs in one basket. 

Your right , think RW not only convinced himself but the rest of the team that once Doyle was back there was no way we would go down.

The big problem was he negated all his scoring potential by playing Nazon with him. 

Not saying it was Nazon's fault but the partnership just didn't work.

Archived