• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lee Sinnott said:

More chance of Mrs Doyle from Father Ted signing now...

Naaah shes been chatting to our ex tea lady, singning for blackpool

1 minute ago, frizzell54 said:

Well he can do one.  Part of the reason we got relegated was that he failed to do what he was paid to do.

He scored a goal on his first game back after a life threatening injury and had zero service after that, the team were not set up or selected to use Doyle - that lies with the manager 

5 minutes ago, frizzell54 said:

Well he can do one.  Part of the reason we got relegated was that he failed to do what he was paid to do.

He was the only one at the entire club that DID do what he was supposed to do, no?

25 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

had zero service after that, the team were not set up or selected to use Doyle - that lies with the manager 

Simply not true. Doyle was just not the player he was and missed many chances that he would have put away before his injury.

Having said that, Doyle’s form was only one part of a collective failing by the majority of the team. Let’s move on.

2 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Simply not true. Doyle was just not the player he was and missed many chances that he would have put away before his injury.

Having said that, Doyle’s form was only one part of a collective failing by the majority of the team. Let’s move on.

Doyle worked best with a target man (Davies or Holloway) he was played mainly with Nazon on his return who is a greedy run at the defence type (not a bad thing as he scored goals but does not work for Doyle)

Though I agree he missed some clear chances ??

Just now, Buckshawlatic said:

Doyle worked best with a target man (Davies or Holloway) he was played mainly with Nazon on his return who is a greedy run at the defence type (not a bad thing as he scored goals but does not work for Doyle)

Whilst I agree with what you’re saying, Doyle still missed a lot of chances which means that he did have a lot more than zero service.

13 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Whilst I agree with what you’re saying, Doyle still missed a lot of chances which means that he did have a lot more than zero service.

He missed plenty before his injury just like any other striker at this level, Shrewsbury at home sticks out for me as he had a howler that game. Wellens’ awful tactics caused him to be less effective post injury.

1 hour ago, sjk2008 said:

I can confirm that he’s talking utter bollocks

The Bourne Identity (2002)

The Bourne Supremacy (2004)

The Bourne Ultimatum(2007)

The Bourne Legacy (2012)

The Bourne simple twat who gets a kick out of posting shit on the internet (2018)

As much as I'd love Doyle back I can see him rocking up at a top end L1 club like a Sunderland and scoring shed loads before being poached by a mid table championship side by January. Probably face him in a cup comp and get t watted by him single handed my before he scores his 3rd and runs to celebrate in front of the Athleticos by pulling the flash cards from Wellens' Christmas video out of his shorts, recreating the whole thing with a steward. 

21 minutes ago, latics22 said:

I’ve heard it’s true... sorry to rock the boat

If it is true then absolute genius on Abdallah's part. But given the fact we've got to ship probably 4 or 5 out first, I don't see how it will happen before the season kicks off. 

37 minutes ago, ChrisRichard said:

If it is true then absolute genius on Abdallah's part. But given the fact we've got to ship probably 4 or 5 out first, I don't see how it will happen before the season kicks off. 

It can't happen after the season kicks off unless we're waiting till January 

2 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

It can't happen after the season kicks off unless we're waiting till January 

Technically, it could. We kick off on the 5th of August and can buy players until the 9th and loan players/register free agents until the 31st of August. 

11 minutes ago, ChrisRichard said:

Technically, it could. We kick off on the 5th of August and can buy players until the 9th and loan players/register free agents until the 31st of August. 

Think we can register free agents at any time can't we. 

• 1 month later...

Archived