8 hours ago, Flemboy said:

I am chuffed to bits that we have offloaded players who cannot help us make progress and is getting together a quality rather than quantity team.Wellens should be given all the support he needs and if we can get Eoin and a natural left back in then we will start climbing away from danger.If we can add Baxter then I will be over the moon.Things are definitely looking positive after the last few weeks of losing games.Just wish this takeover could be concluded soon since that  would be the iceing on the cake.Some good local away games coming up and it would be great for our fans as well.We all need confidence both fans and players.

This is it for me.

Lets string 3 wins together and take 3000+ to Blackburn and have a decent day out

• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

Call me stupid if you like but, with Pringle, Byrne, Benyu, McEleney, Gardner, Nepomuceno and Obadeyi already here, where would you fit Baxter in? Ok, we could (probably) do without Gardner and Obadeyi, but that's a fair old midfield, so do you play Baxter up front?

And I've avoided Maouche and Omrani.

*Waits to be called stupid.

Baxter starts in midfield in front of any of them. And given the choice of Holloway or Baxter up top, thats a no brainer. However its all hypothetical cos Baxter wont be signing!

13 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Can't see the appeal in baxter. Unreliable, overweight and has serious issues. Don't want him anywhere near us to be honest. Move on.

I agree with this he’s been a waste of space the last couple of seasons. A Baxter of 5 years ago might have been useful to this team but the Baxter of today is full of issues and fitness problems. We don’t want to be carrying a passenger we want players that have the right attitude and commitment.

17 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

I agree with this he’s been a waste of space the last couple of seasons. A Baxter of 5 years ago might have been useful to this team but the Baxter of today is full of issues and fitness problems. We don’t want to be carrying a passenger we want players that have the right attitude and commitment.

RW will have made the right decision for the team 

30 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Can't see the appeal in baxter. Unreliable, overweight and has serious issues. Don't want him anywhere near us to be honest. Move on.

13 minutes ago, Smiler13 said:

As I’m not up to speed on Baxter’s fitness or state of mind at the moment, it would be unfair to comment purely on hearsay.

I had understood that he is back at Everton and working on both as the coaches there believe they could have a talent when he is fit in mind and body. That’s how I see it.

If, and it is a big ‘if’, Baxter is anywhere near to getting his act together then I would have him here in a heartbeat. 

1 hour ago, youngen said:

Baxter starts in midfield in front of any of them. And given the choice of Holloway or Baxter up top, thats a no brainer. However its all hypothetical cos Baxter wont be signing!

When Baxter and Pringle both operated at this level three seasons ago only one of them made the team of the season and was probably the best midfielder in the division and it wasn't Baxter,  don't get me wrong I love Baxter to bits and would really like to see him return but start in front of Pringle? - not for me and thats before we even start to discuss his other issues.

Once again, people seem like they don’t work... go to watch Everton under 23s train instead and stalk Baxter.

He will be fit, maybe not league one match fit but that would come, he had ‘issues’ last time he was here and was the best player we’d had in years.

i don’t get this message board with forgetting how good players were for us...

4 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

Once again, people seem like they don’t work... go to watch Everton under 23s train instead and stalk Baxter.

He will be fit, maybe not league one match fit but that would come, he had ‘issues’ last time he was here and was the best player we’d had in years.

i don’t get this message board with forgetting how good players were for us...

WERE????? That’s the issue. Move on there are better players playing for us now. 

Whilst I’ve heard from someone (not on here) that Doyle to Latics will be a permanent deal, I’ve also just been told from a Bury ITK that they’re signing him (big money, Beckford out for the season, Ajose back to Charlton bla bla).....

8 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

Whilst I’ve heard from someone (not on here) that Doyle to Latics will be a permanent deal, I’ve also just been told from a Bury ITK that they’re signing him (big money, Beckford out for the season, Ajose back to Charlton bla bla).....

I’d look to bring Ajose if he was on offer

48 minutes ago, sjk2008 said:

I don't doubt what you've been told but they haven't even appointed a manager & are totally adrift at the bottom. They club is in disarray & many bury fans think they've given up and are preparing for next season due to the easy appointment of Lowe who as new manager was sent off last week at Plymouth for a shocking tackle.

They are destined for lg2 & despite the wages they might throw at him does Doyle want to step from the Champ to a lg2 club that is throwing cash they don't have at a failing project?

Archived