• Replies 898
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

I don't doubt what you've been told but they haven't even appointed a manager & are totally adrift at the bottom. They club is in disarray & many bury fans think they've given up and are preparing for next season due to the easy appointment of Lowe who as new manager was sent off last week at Plymouth for a shocking tackle.

They are destined for lg2 & despite the wages they might throw at him does Doyle want to step from the Champ to a lg2 club that is throwing cash they don't have at a failing project?

I echo your points totally. He remained adamant though. 

The manager issue - or lack of - is irrelevant though as it’s Day who brings the players in and not the managers over at Bury, which will go some way to explaining why they’re in the state they are.

18 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Baxter came on as a sub last night for u23 and did the business turned the game around

6 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Checkatrade supersub! The final missing piece of the jigsaw

Assist for the first goal in a 2-1 win at Spurs. Has played 5 games this season for the u23s.

Spurs u23 team all English players and the attendance of 117 ...

League 1 attendances are huge by comparison ?

4 hours ago, Andy b said:

Can't see the appeal in baxter. Unreliable, overweight and has serious issues. Don't want him anywhere near us to be honest. Move on.

Other than him being the most talented footballer we had on the books for 7 or so years, along with Tarky, I can’t see the appeal either

Also, unreliable? After all the 1 in 10 strikers you’re calling a lad with 15 goals from midfield in a single season unreliable? Okay

7 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Also, unreliable? After all the 1 in 10 strikers you’re calling a lad with 15 goals from midfield in a single season unreliable? Okay

I'm sure being caught with drugs in his system TWICE & a huge ban has nothing to do with the view he's unreliable. Any of those 1 in 10 strikers get a 12 month ban when their club paid them a good wage. 

Massive difference between being a regular scorer & reliable.

10 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

I'm sure being caught with drugs in his system TWICE & a huge ban has nothing to do with the view he's unreliable. Any of those 1 in 10 strikers get a 12 month ban when their club paid them a good wage. 

Massive difference between being a regular scorer & reliable.

How many times did that happen at Latics?

55 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Assist for the first goal in a 2-1 win at Spurs. Has played 5 games this season for the u23s.

Spurs u23 team all English players and the attendance of 117 ...

League 1 attendances are huge by comparison ?

Wouldn't a better comparison be with our attendances for the youth team?

8 minutes ago, palmer1 said:

Ha! In that case let's not judge anyone for anything other than what they did at Latics!

Some people feel at home in one place. Maybe Jose feels that way about Latics.

What he did at his time here counts, for me.

As for judging him on a moral level, I couldn’t give a toss about a misdemeanour like the one he’s been caught for. We know that in your view it’s worse than how most others see it.

40 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

As for judging him on a moral level, I couldn’t give a toss about a misdemeanour like the one he’s been caught for. We know that in your view it’s worse than how most others see it.

Just because he got caught doing drugs at Sheffield Utd doesn't mean he wasng feeling at home & enjoying his football there. He had a decent time there including a great cup run to a Wembley semi where he scored.

I just believe you shouldnt take a moral stance on any footballers & their lifestyle choices/mistakes if you're then only going to bin those beliefs because he scored 15 goals a season 5 years ago for your team. 

50 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

Even if the "misdemeanor" gets him a lengthy playing ban?

2 hours ago, palmer1 said:

Just because he got caught doing drugs at Sheffield Utd doesn't mean he wasng feeling at home & enjoying his football there. He had a decent time there including a great cup run to a Wembley semi where he scored.

I just believe you shouldnt take a moral stance on any footballers & their lifestyle choices/mistakes if you're then only going to bin those beliefs because he scored 15 goals a season 5 years ago for your team. 

I agree with a lot of this. He was great for us. He could be great for us again. But none of us really know, and there are enough concerning issues, and enough time has passed, to proceed only with extreme caution. Due diligence, you might say. 

3 hours ago, palmer1 said:

If I was taking a moral stance I’d still not be arsed if we signed him, though, that’s the point

Even better, he’s a fantastic player at our level

Just now, Buckshawlatic said:

I guess five months (or 3 if we go off game time) is better than no months 

Obviously. But with Bryne signing a perm deal - it would've been good to have doyle permanent too. Next season could've been special

Just now, OldHallam said:

Could be impossible until fitness proven? Just a thought but a clot is a serious issue. Might have a deal set up for later if all happy with it. 

No chance Preston would agree to any deal for the end of the season now. If he scores another 10 goals between now and May you can double his current price.

Archived