Fan Bar.OPENING Delayed (Updated 22/01/2018)

I know this is being discussed on another thread an on face ache. But I thought I would post it on here too......

Trust Oldham are pleased to announce plans are well underway to open a Fan Bar on Boxing Day - more news to follow soon

Added on 19/12/17...Further info

450 capacity 

Bar will be open and showing early game.  If take up is good we’ll be showing the evening game too.

Bar service, hot drinks, matchday food.

£3 entry which INCLUDES a pint (so saving money), OR a pie OR a hot drink.

Wristbands will be used

tba with regards to children

so we can monitor if your are interested in attending or going to attend, Please log this on the Trust oldham facebook page. Cheers

edit: update as of 10/01/18. We are aiming to be open for the Plymouth match...cheers

edit: update as of 22/01/18. Oh hold until further notice...apologies

Edited by underdog
More info

I've just walked past it with the dog, looks a decent sized space (assuming it's the 2 x double set of doors between the gym and OEC entrance?) and hopefully it'll bring back atmospheres akin to those in the Clayton Arms back in the day!

Great idea if you ask me!

Edited by thetramfixer

6 minutes ago, thetramfixer said:

I've just walked past it with the dog, looks a decent sized space (assuming it's the 2 x double set of doors between the gym and OEC entrance?) and hopefully it'll bring back atmospheres akin to those in the Clayton Arms back in the day!

Great idea if you ask me!

Cheers tramfixer. Tentatively, yes I think this is where it will be. 

The Trust have decide to take the initiative and try something out as I think we were all fed up of waiting to see what's happening with the top floor.

it may work, it may not but we felt we should try and would appreciate any support/feedback on the day. 

It really is a blank canvas inside at the moment so please don't expect high class fixtures and furnishings but you never know a blank canvas that could work if we really want it too.

Simon Brooke is the one that has dragged it kicking and screaming to this point. It's down to us fans if we want it to work

Well done to the trust. Shouldn't need to happen this way but good work.

if it works, maybe the trust could look to take on a long term lease so it has control over the space. Could then be used for all sorts of things.

am sure fans would donate plenty of photos, scarves, memorabilia etc to really make it a home for latics fans 

46 minutes ago, adamoafc said:

With it being led by the trust, the money made from sales aswell as paying bills etc where does the money go from profit? 

Hello Adam, i know it's being discussed on other threads and I should say I know the answer but.....

i don't want to be the one spilling the beans until all Trust directors are in agreement on how we answer this...sounds odd doesn't it but as I am not in PR and have a tendency to put my size 9's in it, to neck depth...I jam just waiting on the wording which looking at the mount of pinging my phone is doing ...it shouldn't be too far...tbatba

4 minutes ago, Andy b said:

Well done to the trust. Shouldn't need to happen this way but good work.

if it works, maybe the trust could look to take on a long term lease so it has control over the space. Could then be used for all sorts of things.

am sure fans would donate plenty of photos, scarves, memorabilia etc to really make it a home for latics fans 

Hi Andy, I like your idea, we have discussed this previously and had offers of memorabilla to put on the walls when the top bar is done., I've asked how many it holds and the Trust directors are fielding lots of questions on other social media outlets...the basics like any heating. What kind of refreshments/food/pool table/pre match game maybe.

its generating lots of positive interests at least.

so TBA , as soon as I get more info I will get it on here

26 minutes ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Could they get a tv up big screen and ifollow home and away games in the bar? 

25 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Certainly not ifollow Westy.

There must be a way to do it, even if not via ifollow. Wimbledon did it for their midweek away game against us last month. I think they charged £5 for entry with a pay bar and there were food options too.

I reckon that sort of thing would be quite successful for far away midweek away games.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bozman said:

There must be a way to do it, even if not via ifollow. Wimbledon did it for their midweek away game against us last month. I think they charged £5 for entry with a pay bar and there were food options too.

I reckon that sort of thing would be quite successful for far away midweek away games.

Don't set the 'matchday revenue' mob off again...

2 hours ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Could they get a tv up big screen and ifollow home and away games in the bar? 

Well...tis the season and all.

you never know Santa may drop one of temporarily on Boxing Day pre match.

depends how naughty or nice we have been

heheh, or ho ho ho

• Like 1

A supporters bar on the ground floor of the north stand is a much better option to the top floor of the OEC. That space is too big and I seriously think we would be waiting for a good couple of years before it happened. It wouldn't really be owned by the fans either. 

Fans bar, run by the fans for the fans with revenue back into OAFC. Great idea. This is exactly the sort of think we should be trying to crowd fund. 

Well done to the trust for setting the wheels in motion. We now need to back it

It’d be great to get the bar off to a good start... make it a real OAFC HQ. 

And maybe name it after a Latics legend, big Gordy perhaps?

it wouldn’t take much to help create the atmosphere in it - old photos, flags on the wall, jerseys etc - like one of every jersey going back as far as possible. I’ve many I’d happily donate. 

Then as long as it is reasonably comfortable and welcoming it could be great. 

All great ideas folks, looking at a photo Simon Brooke sent earlier in the day it really is basics a total blank canvas with bubble brick to boot.

But with a little imagination and if it's something us fans want and can support then you never know where it might lead.

Small steps and all