Fan Bar.OPENING Delayed (Updated 22/01/2018)

Maybe on opening day the club could have a few people there to take notes and suggestions from the supporters there. If people start seeing improvements every week they go there for a pint - some which they may have suggested - then it can really develop into something great. 

And my first suggestion would be to name it ‘Gordy’s’ 

Edited by Nohairdontcare

We will roll the details out as soon as we get them. Time tba but defo pre match. Details so far:

joint intitiative between Trust and OEC. The club are not involved at this stage, yep I know this ain't going to please everyone, like us running it with the OEC isn't either but Trust believes there is a need for a supporters fan bar now...we've waited to long and if viable then hopefully it will continue/grow

refreshements and food to be sold. What they are and prices TBA

decor? We are trying to trash something out as it's a lovely bubble brick grey at the moment. I might have to dig an OAFC flag out but it's a start. I've OD on Xmas decor in my house and it seems to be red so that certainly ain't going nowhere near the fans bar

Pre match entertainment? Possibility.

If you can spare the time and pop your head in to see what's it's all about and maybe, give us some feedback we can move forward. It can only work if you the supporters are happy to come to it.

Edited by underdog

I would be happy to volunteer my time to help give one or more walls a pick of paint maybe a blue feature wall.  Happy to throw in a few quid towards a crowd funded TV screen.  I am sure a few fans would volunteer an hour or too to get rid of the grey walls.

25 minutes ago, Whitts said:

I would be happy to volunteer my time to help give one or more walls a pick of paint maybe a blue feature wall.  Happy to throw in a few quid towards a crowd funded TV screen.  I am sure a few fans would volunteer an hour or too to get rid of the grey walls.

Cheers Whitts...I will throw it up the food chain so to speak...anything to get about of Xmas shopping myself too hahah

33 minutes ago, Whitts said:

Cheers Whitts...I will throw it up the food chain so to speak...anything to get about of Xmas shopping myself too hahah

I've had an update, there will be more stuff to follow in the next 24hrs. But here goes

its a one off 50/50 venture between the Trust and OEC and profits to be split as such for the one off.

the place holds 450 people

thanks for the offers of decorating but as it's a one off at the mo, we don't want to feel we are imposing and wasting people's time if it does not continue, however if anyone has any flags we could temporarily put them up 

There will be pre match entertainment..tba on what it is

refreshments and food will be available...

Like I said, It won't be pretty, it's going to look as rough as toast stuck on a porcupines ass..but it's ours for a few hours to see if it's a viable workable solution and to move it forward if we can between us all.

12 minutes ago, astottie said:

And will it be open afterwards as well?

Sorry to say, not for this one Astottie but it's defo on the list if it's goer in the future to consider post match entertainment too

Edited by underdog

2 hours ago, underdog said:

We will roll the details out as soon as we get them. Time tba but defo pre match. Details so far:

joint intitiative between Trust and OEC. The club are not involved at this stage.....

Sorry but that will be a no from me then, it also suggests that AL may well be just investing rather than taking over which would for me be a bit of a body blow and this looks to me like the OEC are just trying to set up another revenue stream to line their own pockets on the back of the football clubs name. 

7 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Sorry but that will be a no from me then, it also suggests that AL may well be just investing rather than taking over which would for me be a bit of a body blow and this looks to me like the OEC are just trying to set up another revenue stream to line their own pockets on the back of the football clubs name. 

What is it with some so called supporters? Fans of the club are trying their best to make some improvements to the match day experience by actually doing something that fans may like and enjoy and posters like this kick them in the bolllocks. Fair enough if it is not for you but do you really have to post-why not just ignore it? So easy to kick folk rather than support folk who obviously from previous posts have the well being of the club at heart.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Hello Yarddog, no need for explanation at all.

We knew we were not going to tick everyone's boxes on it, but with a 50/50 split between Trust and OEC on this one off event , we thought we'd take a chance and give it a go as we have no idea when the 2nd floor will be done.

If it's a success, a better deal might be able to be negotiated for future ones

Edited by underdog

6 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

What is it with some so called supporters? Fans of the club are trying their best to make some improvements to the match day experience by actually doing something that fans may like and enjoy and posters like this kick them in the bolllocks. Fair enough if it is not for you but do you really have to post-why not just ignore it? So easy to kick folk rather than support folk who obviously from previous posts have the well being of the club at heart.

That's my opinion I'm afraid, don't try and associate my view with knocking the Trust because you couldn't be further from the truth, I have huge respect for both the time they give up and what they try to achieve but personally I can't be party to giving Corney one more penny than I need too to watch my team play, drinking a pint in there were 50% of the profit looks like it will be directed away from the football club just doesn't sit right with me, if the man had the best interests of the club at heart he'd hand that dormant space over to the Trust to do with what they see fit, better still why doesn't he use the scoreboard monies he collected on the back of the Trust to give the space a basic make over? 

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

That's my opinion I'm afraid, don't try and associate my view with knocking the Trust because you couldn't be further from the truth, I have huge respect for both the time they give up and what they try to achieve but personally I can't be party to giving Corney one more penny than I need too to watch my team play, drinking a pint in there were 50% of the profit looks like it will be directed away from the football club just doesn't sit right with me, if the man had the best interests of the club at heart he'd hand that dormant space over to the Trust to do with what they see fit, better still why doesn't he use the scoreboard monies he collected on the back of the Trust to give the space a basic make over? 

The irony of this is that if 50% is going to OEC then Corney gets none of that.

It's the 50% that goes to the football club that currently gives Corney the potential to access the cash.

There's a reasonable chance I'll support this, although with limited mobility I'm not certain at the moment.

1 hour ago, yarddog73 said:

All a bit not tipping the barstaff in a Wetherspoons for me that attitude but each to their own.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

This board is all about opinions and that's what makes us interesting I think. I know you were not knocking the Trust here Yarddog.

with regards to the chairman, I can confirm that he's not part of the OEC set up so in my mind, no monies are going to him. Don't forget we lost the chance of regular income when we were cut out of the scoreboard so this could be an option for us

some might think better the devil you know than the other two, but whose to say that they haven't been helping our club anyway 

this is is a one off, purely to see if there is a viable market out there, ie us fans and a bar.

If successful, we get feedback from those who attended, whose to say we can't negotiate a better deal for a Trust run bar, to have screens on for live sport not necessarily just footy too, have an Athletico and Frankfurt hub, maybe pool tables, disabled area, memorabilla swap shop. Use it on none match days, have fans meetings, junior Trust, have legends to come in pre and post match too.

My brains a buzz with it all, maybe too much positivity, well it could be the drugs I'm maxed out with a bloody cold and razor blade throat

its a start, but would appreciate if you had the time maybe to pop in on the day and have a look around and maybe say hello too

Edited by underdog