Fan Bar.OPENING Delayed (Updated 22/01/2018)

11 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Sorry but that will be a no from me then, it also suggests that AL may well be just investing rather than taking over which would for me be a bit of a body blow and this looks to me like the OEC are just trying to set up another revenue stream to line their own pockets on the back of the football clubs name. 

:lol:

51 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Bit odd opening for one match then being closed four days later in my opinion, what is the thinking there?

Hi, in my opinion it's a one off to see if it's viable as a future business for both partners.

Simon Brooke has worked very hard on it, negotiated with the other partner over the venue, refreshments,entertainment this time. 

Its a double edge sword to be honest,  if we ploughed right in, committed to it and it failed because of xyz then we don't want to be left with egg on our face and pee off a potential partner we use, or even you our fans we represent

This is way and it might seem harsh saying it, it's an empty space, it's minimal input for both partners as a one off event. It's a chance for fans to look at it, use it this time and to give feedback if we  possible want it.

maybe in my insane brain....a chance for all to contribute to it too a fan bar/fan space both young and old but that's my personal vision and I'm running away with myself a bit

3 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

That's my opinion I'm afraid, don't try and associate my view with knocking the Trust because you couldn't be further from the truth, I have huge respect for both the time they give up and what they try to achieve but personally I can't be party to giving Corney one more penny than I need too to watch my team play, drinking a pint in there were 50% of the profit looks like it will be directed away from the football club just doesn't sit right with me, if the man had the best interests of the club at heart he'd hand that dormant space over to the Trust to do with what they see fit, better still why doesn't he use the scoreboard monies he collected on the back of the Trust to give the space a basic make over? 

But if the AL deal falls through do you not think the more revenue Corney can show to other potential buyers the more chance there is of him going? 

I think you're cutting your nose off to spite your face. 

1 hour ago, underdog said:

This board is all about opinions and that's what makes us interesting I think. I know you were not knocking the Trust here Yarddog.

with regards to the chairman, I can confirm that he's not part of the OEC set up so in my mind, no monies are going to him. Don't forget we lost the chance of regular income when we were cut out of the scoreboard so this could be an option for us

some might think better the devil you know than the other two, but whose to say that they haven't been helping our club anyway 

this is is a one off, purely to see if there is a viable market out there, ie us fans and a bar.

If successful, we get feedback from those who attended, whose to say we can't negotiate a better deal for a Trust run bar, to have screens on for live sport not necessarily just footy too, have an Athletico and Frankfurt hub, maybe pool tables, disabled area, memorabilla swap shop. Use it on none match days, have fans meetings, junior Trust, have legends to come in pre and post match too.

My brains a buzz with it all, maybe too much positivity, well it could be the drugs I'm maxed out with a bloody cold and razor blade throat

its a start, but would appreciate if you had the time maybe to pop in on the day and have a look around and maybe say hello too

Real/craft ale, decent lager, pie & peas, red wine for Rosa and telly's for football. That'll do. 

1 minute ago, steveoafc said:

Forgive my ignorance, but are we talking canned beer, or is there access to pumps in there?  

Hello Steve, good question I am sure it's on Santa's question checklist I will try an find out as info is rolling out on it daily

cheers

2 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

But if the AL deal falls through do you not think the more revenue Corney can show to other potential buyers the more chance there is of him going? 

I think you're cutting your nose off to spite your face. 

Do you think any potential buyer will be offered the OEC when they want to buy the club because I don't, as for who we are dealing with in this new venture are the Trust dealing with Blitz and Gazel then when negotiating rent and profit share?

1 minute ago, HarryBosch said:

Real/craft ale, decent lager, pie & peas, red wine for Rosa and telly's for football. That'll do. 

Oooo Santa's wish list is getting full on this one.

I will try and find out more for us all.

i can't stress enough that it could be basics only,  we are even tying to source tables, chairs and putting beer glass shelves up..that's the reality of the venue. Bubble brick and beer shelves to go up.

It's not going to tick all boxes as a one off event but if we could get fans in to see it and give us some feedback..it's a start

11 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

There will be draught beer but nothing special. If the demand is shown on Boxing Day and it carries on, I’ll be pushing for something different if possible. 

5 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Do you think any potential buyer will be offered the OEC when they want to buy the club because I don't, as for who we are dealing with in this new venture are the Trust dealing with Blitz and Gazel then when negotiating rent and profit share?

Isn't Jenny Warburton running it? If so, her I'd imagine.... 

Blitz & Gazal probably know as much about this bar being open for 3 hours as Mike Ashley knows about us having a tiny outlet of his shop... 

In your minds eye are they sat there on phones in New York playing hardball with Simon Brooke over what'll probably be a grand or two's takings? :lol:

Just now, jorvik_latic said:

There will be draught beer but nothing special. If the demand is shown on Boxing Day and it carries on, I’ll be pushing for something different if possible. 

No scope for getting a batch of canned/bottled stuff from somewhere local (Dave Ragg's idea this)?

I'll be there anyway - good luck with it. I take it kids are ok to come in?

34 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

They might be asking silly money but I don't think there is much doubt they would be out like a shot if somebody did put up the cash.

53 minutes ago, underdog said:

Hi, in my opinion it's a one off to see if it's viable as a future business for both partners.

Simon Brooke has worked very hard on it, negotiated with the other partner over the venue, refreshments,entertainment this time. 

Its a double edge sword to be honest,  if we ploughed right in, committed to it and it failed because of xyz then we don't want to be left with egg on our face and pee off a potential partner we use, or even you our fans we represent

This is way and it might seem harsh saying it, it's an empty space, it's minimal input for both partners as a one off event. It's a chance for fans to look at it, use it this time and to give feedback if we  possible want it.

maybe in my insane brain....a chance for all to contribute to it too a fan bar/fan space both young and old but that's my personal vision and I'm running away with myself a bit

Good on youse for trying to get something started, just seems like the kind of thing that needs a few games to build up, you might get a decent crowd in on Boxing Day and then it is shut for the Bristol match.

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Good on youse for trying to get something started, just seems like the kind of thing that needs a few games to build up, you might get a decent crowd in on Boxing Day and then it is shut for the Bristol match.

It's a fair comment and maybe the next step too. Who knows