Fan Bar.OPENING Delayed (Updated 22/01/2018)

13 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Sorry but that will be a no from me then, it also suggests that AL may well be just investing rather than taking over which would for me be a bit of a body blow and this looks to me like the OEC are just trying to set up another revenue stream to line their own pockets on the back of the football clubs name. 

Surely there is a case to say that it also shows AL is in for everything. By not committing to any agreements or contracts, Simon Corney has given AL a feee hand what do with it in the future.

It also puts a case that things are pretty close as he is not agreeing to anything.

Of course, none of us know yet.

2 hours ago, steveoafc said:

I have no idea what's in the space that is earmarked for this trial, just wondered if some facilities are already there. 

1 hour ago, underdog said:

It's a fair comment and maybe the next step too. Who knows

The space was earmarked for a scanner for use by the NHS not sure if the NHS dragged their feet and decided it wasn’t viable or they got piseed off by Corney’s delay after delay. 

Despite the rumours the OEC itself MUST be making money it’s in use MOST days for conferences, open days and meetings etc... the top floor should be complete but Corney knows only one way and that’s half arsed. With two floors you could double the conferences, open days, meetings and Christmas footings etc... it’s a very popular venue - why wouldn’t you maximise it?

Probably harsh on Corney as we know Bliyz is his puppet master but how they ever made any money ever is beyond me. I’d love to see them on the apprentice in fact they’d get laughed off flying start with their business acumen...Rick Attwood put forward this sort of pop up bar idea ten years ago. It finally gets entertained. Better late than never I suppose....

Edited by oafcprozac

4 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

The space was earmarked for a scanner for use by the NHS not sure if the NHS dragged their feet and decided it wasn’t viable or they got piseed off by Corney’s delay after delay. 

Despite the rumours the OEC itself MUST be making money it’s in use MOST days for conferences, open days and meetings etc... the top floor should be complete but Corney knows only one way and that’s half arsed. With two floors you could double the conferences, open days, meetings and Christmas footings etc... it’s a very popular venue - why wouldn’t you maximise it?

Probably harsh on Corney as we know Bliyz is his puppet master but how they ever made any money ever is beyond me. I’d love to see them on the apprentice in fact they’d get laughed off flying start with their business acumen...Rick Attwood put forward this sort of pop up bar idea ten years ago. It finally gets entertained. Better late than never I suppose....

The local NHS trusts are in a serious period of reorganization. Can see that affecting £million projects.

Yeah I’ve heard that RM as my wife’s a nurse.

Any sort of delay I suppose they reallocated the funds? Just from what my wife tells me though it’s crazy - she’s a community nurse and been involved in several redeployments and service shake ups this year and been told it’s happening again post Christmas. The number crunchers are king...

The top brass seem to change on a bi monthly basis and despite the Tories promise to cut red tape and bureaucracy the layers of management (and inexperience) seem to be getting deeper.

Okay folks hot off fc the press..your the first to get it..here is today's update...

Further info

open 12 noon

450 capacity 

Bar will be open and showing early game.  If take up is good we’ll be showing the evening game too.

Bar service, hot drinks, matchday food.

£3 entry which INCLUDES a pint (so saving money), OR a pie OR a hot drink.

Wristbands will be used

have asked the question re children...tba

The Trust have a facebook page called Trust Oldham and we are monitoring interested in attending/or going to attend. It. Would be greatly appreciated if you have this social media site to log your interests/attendance so we can monitor if we have enough resources.

cheers..

Edited by underdog

6 minutes ago, underdog said:

Okay folks hot off fc the press..your the first to get it..here is today's update...

Further info

450 capacity 

Bar will be open and showing early game.  If take up is good we’ll be showing the evening game too.

Bar service, hot drinks, matchday food.

£3 entry which INCLUDES a pint (so saving money), OR a pie OR a hot drink.

Wristbands will be used

have asked the question re children...tba

Thanks for the update - appreciated!

What time does the bar open - 12:30?

Hello all.....Simon Brooke has posted from 12 noon it will be open on face ache.

TBA for children 

Prozac, I will bring my yoga mat for you and you can lay prostrate under the beer tap...hahah...we are sourcing tables and chairs so I will do my best to get you one...or I will ride my motorbike in and you can sit on that instead...heheh

31 minutes ago, oafcprozac said:

Yeah I’ve heard that RM as my wife’s a nurse.

Any sort of delay I suppose they reallocated the funds? Just from what my wife tells me though it’s crazy - she’s a community nurse and been involved in several redeployments and service shake ups this year and been told it’s happening again post Christmas. The number crunchers are king...

The top brass seem to change on a bi monthly basis and despite the Tories promise to cut red tape and bureaucracy the layers of management (and inexperience) seem to be getting deeper.

I'll not say more on my view of the local NHS reorganization (or takeover). However some of the red tape that is new in the last few years is paying my wages. But that red tape is designed to improve patient safety in a small minority of cases.

I don't think DevoManc is the panacea (especially for bureaucracy) the Tories have made out.

I've been asked if I can just test the interest in the post match game?

it's been raised that we should really confirm it either way...soooooo.....as I have no idea how to add a poll. Can I ask who would attend a post match game for this one off event on Boxing Day?

47 minutes ago, underdog said:

it's been raised that we should really confirm it either way...soooooo.....as I have no idea how to add a poll. Can I ask who would attend a post match game for this one off event on Boxing Day?

I'll be there along with 5 others. Will keep coming back if there's a cask of JW lees on each time?

7 minutes ago, gerryisgod said:

Hi Underdog

Serious question........Does this mean that the relationship between the Trust and Club has thawed a little since last time we tried to do something to raise funds or are you dealing solely with the OEC? 

Good idea hope it works out 

Hi Gerry.

To be honest, I'm not one of the Trust board  members that has to walk through our club doors on a regular basis. However based on a review of the year so to speak and on trust monthly meetings I'd say its not improved. That's my opinion, other Trust directors may agree/not agree, I just have to point that out. So the relationship is a tentative one. We have a 3% stake in the club and a trust rep who sits on the board of OAFC, who is not afraid to ask those difficult questions, not many clubs have this and believe it or not are envious of it too. 

With regards to the OEC, it's  a modern event centre after all, it's on our home ground, it has a space. We have used it before for trust events like meet the manager, launch of the former players trust, trust fundraiser like the magic night , trust AGM. So your Trust rep has explored it as a possible fans bar just as a one off to see if it's what us fans want and if it can be viable too. He's worked bloody hard to get it this far, its a chance though it could lead into a permanent place...it's in our hands.

cheers

1 hour ago, underdog said:

I can't this time but we always used to have one or two in the Royle bar post match and phone a taxi after the crowds (remember them?) had died down....