Patrick McEleney

1 minute ago, NewBlue said:

Anybody else got a bad feeling about this signing? Like he’s not going to end up playing a game for us, or something of that ilk...

I think he will play for Latics, eventually, it's just a case of misfortune that he is injured. If the "boggy" pitch is responsible then why are others not affected or afflicted similarly? Methinks that maybe he has an underlying weakness that was either missed previously or just manifested. 

2 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

We do seem cursed at times - where else would a player trip over a ball and miss 3/4 of the season with a sore heel ala Chris Swailes?

Swailes was lame when we got him, he played the previous season for Rotherham with his foot hanging off. Respect to him for playing as many minutes for us as he could take to keep Terrible off the pitch 

4 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

We do seem cursed at times - where else would a player trip over a ball and miss 3/4 of the season with a sore heel ala Chris Swailes?

I remember Gunnar Halle doing his hamstring when crossing Rochdale Road to get to the cash machine. :D 

2 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

If he was signed before Christmas last year why was he always going to be one for next season?

Didn't Wellens allude to working with him on his game and development? Maybe that would suggest a player that wouldn't be dropped right into the firing line. I really believe the lack of reserve team football is detrimental to the club and its squad/fringe players. Training is essential but game time even more so.

• 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, Diego_Sideburns said:
Patrick McEleney tells our Broadway Suite guests tonight that he is close to full fitness.  

which is potentially great news for the blues!!

This lad can play, personally i would be very very happy if he gets in the team soon, might be a blessing having another week off ..

If Gardner can continue his recent form i would go with Fane,Gardner, Byrne and McEleney in the middle..

32 minutes ago, rigsby said:

which is potentially great news for the blues!!

This lad can play, personally i would be very very happy if he gets in the team soon, might be a blessing having another week off ..

If Gardner can continue his recent form i would go with Fane,Gardner, Byrne and McEleney in the middle..

It’s been a long time coming but let’s hope he shows his talents from the off.

Just now, HarryBosch said:

I hope he's amazing but Wellens has talked him up in an almost identical manner to how he talked up Benyu.....

Don’t get why he’s frozen Benyu out. Fair enough things weren’t quite coming off for the lad but he looked a hell of a lot more dangerous than Tope does.

Wellens just seems to make the same subs game in game out and picks the same team (unless forced changes) game in game out.

Wouldn’t mind seeing Benyu brought on instead of Tope on that right wing as he looks like he has pace to burn.

Back on topic, I can’t wait to see McEleny play. Straight swap for Byrne when he tires in games? Though that leaves us with no left winger which RW seems to like changing to when making his subs.