Would you like to see home fans back in the Chaddy End once Abdallah is in charge?

Back in the Chaddy?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see home fans back in the Chaddy End once we're under new ownership?

• Yes
    • No

53 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I've always found the view better from the Chaddy than the RRE provided it isn't obstructed. Always baffled me this consensus that it's the opposite... 

Better view from the chaddy!!!

where did you sit harry, on the roof?

20 hours ago, leeslover said:

If anything is done it will be the Main Stand first. I doubt it will be practical to keep it open that much longer without serious work

When they knock the Main Stand down and build another identistand there won’t be a single seat in the house worth sitting in. Baffles me why anybody would want to watch a football match from any other vantage point. If there’s a finer place to watch terrible football I’m yet to see it...

24 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

When they knock the Main Stand down and build another identistand there won’t be a single seat in the house worth sitting in. Baffles me why anybody would want to watch a football match from any other vantage point. If there’s a finer place to watch terrible football I’m yet to see it...

I sit in the RRE, I sit amongst friends, but for my money there are not enough stands left like the main stand at BP in football. It is a throw back to the days when football was the working mans game. It holds more memories than all shite identikit stands put together. Fuck the prawn sandwich brigade and all things modern.

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

.....there are not enough stands left like the main stand at BP in football....

....now there’s a new thread in the waiting.... favourite stands you’ve stood/sat in....

other than the Chaddy End & Lookers Stand, I liked the Platt Lane at Citeh & the North Bank at Wolves - right next to the home fans.

3 hours ago, NewBlue said:

Depends whether you have an inside leg longer than about 24 inches

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

....now there’s a new thread in the waiting.... favourite stands you’ve stood/sat in....

other than the Chaddy End & Lookers Stand, I liked the Platt Lane at Citeh....

Really?! Always hated it myself. Dead gentle slope and always fucked with my depth perception. Port Vale's the same. Preferred it when they stuck us in the segregated bit of the Kippax.

Love both the Sheffield clubs away ends. High up and steep with a fine view. Any stands that are steep I love. Tranmere and Notts County for starters.

Sat in there as a kid growing up. Shite atmosphere which even rochdale (with their dismal support) have probably bettered in all honesty. No nostalgia for me and the current generation. I understand others who stood up in it when they first came, i'd probably feel the same way as them. But, moving forward as a club, our fans should be 'treated' to the best facilities the club can offer. The chaddy is way behind the other stands in those terms. For that reason alone i'd keep it as is. Love being in the new north stand, near the away fans and the odd bit of banter that pops up between the 2 stands. 

Edited by we hate man,u and city to

8 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Love both the Sheffield clubs away ends. High up and steep with a fine view. Any stands that are steep I love. Tranmere and Notts County for starters.

I prefer Sheff United on the bottom tier. That is one of my favourites. Best away end I can ever remember was Villa Park when Henry scored. I was only a kid, but I remember it.... very similar to sheff united lower tier.

Always had memories of great times in the Chaddy especially when it was standing only and bouncing on the wooden floor ar the back with fellow Chaddy Enders many of who have now sadly passed away.Used to make loads of noise without any drums!!

I would like to go back there but accept that the RRE has better facilities and no view restrictions.

26 minutes ago, Flemboy said:

Always had memories of great times in the Chaddy especially when it was standing only and bouncing on the wooden floor ar the back with fellow Chaddy Enders many of who have now sadly passed away.Used to make loads of noise without any drums!!

I would like to go back there but accept that the RRE has better facilities and no view restrictions.

Remember late 70’s when I first went in the Chaddy , with the bouncy back few rows

we always stood at the back left of middle, great view and atmosphere 

then went in the lookers from mid 80’s , those were the best times in the pinch me seasons, big cuts and bruises on my shins from jumping up and down and landing on the backs of the wooden seats in front many times, especially that third goal against Wednesday . 

Rochdale road end since the lookers closed , a few good days, especially beating Liverpool and staying in for ages after the match singing Matty Smith Smith.

only been in the new stand once, but was a good view

On 27/12/2017 at 1:34 PM, HarryBosch said:

Once the takeover has been finalised would you like to see him reinstate the Chaddy End as the home end?  

Only those it affects will answer yes. It should only be a question for those who used to go in the Chaddy. I'd suggest even now that over 90% that went in the Chaddy would go back tomorrow. The take up for it for 2 games last season vs Bolton and Sheff Utd showed how many wanted to go in the Chaddy over the other stands.