Would you like to see home fans back in the Chaddy End once Abdallah is in charge?

Back in the Chaddy?  

112 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see home fans back in the Chaddy End once we're under new ownership?

• Yes
    • No

20 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

I wouldn't go in the Chaddy if you paid me, don't like the paddock, haven't been in north stand yet.

To the people who keep saying the view in RRE is better try the sides of the pitch the view there is amazing at all grounds. Have you ever noticed that’s where the managers are positioned ? Coincidence? I’ve never understood anyone CHOOSING to sit behind a goal. Ludicrous if you ask me. 

3 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

To the people who keep saying the view in RRE is better try the sides of the pitch the view there is amazing at all grounds. Have you ever noticed that’s where the managers are positioned ? Coincidence? I’ve never understood anyone CHOOSING to sit behind a goal. Ludicrous if you ask me. 

Easier to see the shape of the game from behind the goal.

53 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Yet few managers sit in the stand where they would get a better overall view than leg level when in the dug out.

Edited by BP1960

28 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Yet few managers sit in the stand where they would get a better overall view than leg level when in the dug out.

Too true. I’ve been sitting in the NS most matches halfway line but was in MSU for Fleetwood and forgot what a cracking view it was. Shame about the leg room for tall men like me. So will probably return to NS. Also as a side thought, I found it quite cheeky to charge the same as the North stand tbh. Although like I said the superior view, it is almost falling down in parts. Should be cheaper than the new shiny one. 

1 hour ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Too true. I’ve been sitting in the NS most matches halfway line but was in MSU for Fleetwood and forgot what a cracking view it was. Shame about the leg room for tall men like me. So will probably return to NS. Also as a side thought, I found it quite cheeky to charge the same as the North stand tbh. Although like I said the superior view, it is almost falling down in parts. Should be cheaper than the new shiny one. 

All buildings are falling down, some just look worse than others. I would like to think it was better built than some of the shit that has been erected since the 70's

3 hours ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

If we were to start charging different amounts for the different stands, judging by the majority of comments on here it would be cheapest for the Chaddy.

I moved from the North Stand to the MSU because of the facilities and the seat selection. If there were equal amounts of people in the North Stand and the MSU then the North Stand wins comfortably. But I like being able to get a Bovril AND go to the loo at HT without missing chunks of the game. I’ve one of the best seats in the ground, too.

I wouldn’t have fancied navigating the vomitories with my crutches either.

19 hours ago, BP1960 said:

I suspect theres more to it for managers than just the view.  Being closer to the centre with the players for one.

The head coaches in international rugby do sit in the stands and are much more geared towards handling the game strategically.

The view is better at the side.... why are TV cameras at the side? When a manager goes "into the stand" for a better view, they never go behind the net. Why did johnson and dickov put a camera bebind the goal? For multiple angles... there was already camera at the side.

Atmosphere is better behind the goal. 

But the behind the goal gives the illusion that the width is comparable size to the length of the pitch.  You cant see the other goal well enough.

Id rather be on the side for home games, behind a goal for away games. Give us something to attack.

Edited by pukka

On 29/12/2017 at 5:33 PM, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I’d pay a tenner more to sit in the Main Stand, our glorious Main Stand...

13 hours ago, NewBlue said:

I’d pay a tenner more to sit in the Main Stand, our glorious Main Stand...

Me too, I've sat or stood in every stand in the ground over the course of 40+ years watching Latics, but the main stand upper by a country mile gives the best vantage point to watch the game.

1 hour ago, Hometownclub said:

Me too, I've sat or stood in every stand in the ground over the course of 40+ years watching Latics, but the main stand upper by a country mile gives the best vantage point to watch the game.

That's what I did 20 years ago when I left the RAF! .. bought tickets in each stand over several weeks until i found my 'ideal' seat ... I've been in it ever since - half way line in the Main Stand upper with added bonus of being on the end of the aisle! .. bonus fact, every other row has more leg room!   (even numbers have extra) 

Edited by thetramfixer

19 hours ago, pukka said:

The view is better at the side.... why are TV cameras at the side? When a manager goes "into the stand" for a better view, they never go behind the net. Why did johnson and dickov put a camera bebind the goal? For multiple angles... there was already camera at the side.

Atmosphere is better behind the goal. 

But the behind the goal gives the illusion that the width is comparable size to the length of the pitch.  You cant see the other goal well enough.

Id rather be on the side for home games, behind a goal for away games. Give us something to attack.

To be fair, from the far end of the North Stand (Chaddy side, I'm classing it as almost behind the goal) I could see well enough to see the Bristol Rovers keeper made a cracking double save :wink:

Would love to have the choice of the Chaddy End again. I don't care if it's a shit hole and has a crap view - it's the history and the fact it is OUR home end and has been for 100 years. I thought progress was future. I've changed my mind,  Bolton last season the Chaddy End won that game.

This season I've binned the North Stand for the Main Stand Lower, still can't get used to the RRE as the home end and the North Stand whilst very nice feels alien and claustrophobic when going for a pie, pint or piss...