January transfer window

Anyone any ideas for any strikers who might be available and as good as Doyle? :grin:

Which other areas do we need to strengthen? 

Another quick CB might be useful even if Bryan stays. 

Reading about McEleney he doesn't seem a replacement for Byrne, more of a winger/number 10 so we need a Byrne/Matt Palmer type.... (assuming Byrne goes which looks likely)

It could be quite a positive month with it being Wellens first chance to tap into his network of contacts for signings.

You'd imagine there are 2 or 3 who know him well and might come and play for him who wouldn't come here otherwise.

I'm ok with Wilson as backup keeper as long as he's cheap. 

Banks permanent to Tranmere?

Menig back to Nantes? (if that hasn't already happened)

Flynn to move on? 

Will there be any more #FrenchLads?

If the takeover is finally finalised could we see AL going mental? 

I reckon Palmer could be a player Wellens would be interested in, not sure Dennis is up to League 1 football and I'd prefer a couple more players from City in the Kean Bryan mould, quality player and seems pretty grounded and humble to boot - Foden, Diaz and Toure would do :OASISscarf: get the playoff hunt back on track.

Just now, yarddog73 said:

I reckon Palmer could be a player Wellens would be interested in, not sure Dennis is up to League 1 football and I'd prefer a couple more players from City in the Kean Bryan mould, quality player and seems pretty grounded and humble to boot - Foden, Diaz and Toure would do :OASISscarf: get the playoff hunt back on track.

Looking at Foden’s last run out for City, I’m not sure he’d be able to cope with the physicality. He was getting knocked off the ball left right and centre.

Diaz however...that’s a player I’d love to see on loan here!

4 hours ago, josh_latics said:

Foden - not that he'd come - would be our best player in 30 years. 

Dont be silly. He’s smaller than Byrne with probably half Byrne’s muscle mass. 

He’d get dealt with on a weekly basis against some of the seasoned pros in this division.

I suspect McEleney is the only replacement we will get for Doyle.  

Wellens has to think in terms of building for the future rather than trying to chase the now impossible top six spot.  However the first priority, once again, is 23 points from the remaining 22 games something our current post Pauls form has not produced.

Keeping Bryan or replacing him is the first priority.

Presumably we need the thing that now looks like it will always be just round the corner to happen or at least for AL, if he is, to continue to pay for some of our players.  

Belgian winger with the hard to pronounce surname should be fully fit. So that is like a new signing and manoche I think his name the French play maker midfielder that got 20 mins in Newcastle thumping in check ur trade cup. Hopefully he is ready good be good fingers crossed! 

17 minutes ago, Oldham82 said:

Belgian winger with the hard to pronounce surname should be fully fit. So that is like a new signing and manoche I think his name the French play maker midfielder that got 20 mins in Newcastle thumping in check ur trade cup. Hopefully he is ready good be good fingers crossed! 

Gyamfi Kyeremeh? Back in training, I think. As for Maouche, I don't think anyone has seen enough of him to form an opinion, have they? Also, Omrani hasn't featured much of late, either.

Maybe Kyeremeh is likely to be the replacement for Menig, if he's buggered off as appears likely. But how you get Maouche or Omrani in with McEleney here, I'm not sure. Maybe useful off the bench?

As others have already said, the priorities are keeping Bryan and replacing Doyle. Can we hope that Doyle is only going to be missing for 3 or 4 weeks and then we'll have him firing again? If not, who do we bring in?

The next week or three could be very interesting.

Yes that's his name kyeremeh let's hope he is good. If the takeover happens in next week or 2 I'm sure abbdulla has players in mind to bring in. But I read while back he wants promotion quick so I expect a busy summer for big push next season. All we want this season is no nail biting relegation worrys like last 2 years.

30 minutes ago, robboman said:

surely we’ll have to pay something to Brighton?

And BTW injured or not I’d be snapping their hand off to get Doyle permanent. Didn’t go today but looking at the stats along with the Fleetwood game I did go to ,he’s the difference for me between losing or drawing and winning. Seems like with him we would have won both IMO