January transfer window

28 minutes ago, mcfluff1985 said:

The thought makes me sick

Lets hope its to make numbers up, to warm the bench or to move on to another club permanently.... jebus christ from Byrne to Banks... makes me wince.  

The home game against Peterborough when he came on made my mind up that in my opinion he should have never put on a Latics shirt again (unless Wigan want him!).

On 30/12/2017 at 7:27 AM, oafc_lover said:

Dont be silly. He’s smaller than Byrne with probably half Byrne’s muscle mass. 

He’d get dealt with on a weekly basis against some of the seasoned pros in this division.

Hahahahahhha that’s a brilliant joke. You are joking, aren’t you? 

Phil Foden would get dealt with on a weekly basis? My god what am I reading.

28 minutes ago, MAC0AFC said:

Hahahahahhha that’s a brilliant joke. You are joking, aren’t you? 

Phil Foden would get dealt with on a weekly basis? My god what am I reading.

What has Phil Foden done that suggests otherwise? Had a good tournament for England under 17’s and you think he’d be our best player?

If anyone’s a joker it’s you if you think he’d come here and rip up trees. The kid is far too small for lower league football.

Personally I don’t think he’ll end up making it at City either but we’ll have to wait and see.

Wonder if Corney has pulled the plug in an attempt to get the EFL to make a decision.

Still can't get my head round the idea that McEleney needs International clearance when he is an EU citizen - well he sounds like he is.  AS is eluded to there seems to be some sort of 'embargo'.  Looks like we might do as well in January as we did in December.

It doesn't look like a transfer embargo to me.  It looks more like Wellens has no more money to spend so has to lose players first.

Edited by Hands on

10 minutes ago, Hands on said:

Wonder if Corney has pulled the plug in an attempt to get the EFL to make a decision.

Still can't get my head round the idea that McEleney needs International clearance when he is an EU citizen - well he sounds like he is.  AS is eluded to there seems to be some sort of 'embargo'.  Looks like we might do as well in January as we did in December.

We needed to get international clearance to sign Ben Wilson because he was at Cardiff.

Its FIFA/UEFA.

17 hours ago, deyres42 said:

Makes a bit more sense now in light of what we know, probably knew a few weeks ago that the loan lads wouldn't be staying on beyond initial loan.

If a club is under an embargo (as we were close season) it is then monitored closely throughout the season by the EFL.

I wholeheartedly agree with this system. It differs to FFP which is retrospective.

One must assume that if AL has been covering the wages then he has probably been loaning the money so far rather than investing yet! 

BTW I have no idea how Bury get away with their dealings through various loans

Mike Keegan reply to being asked if he could update on takeover. His last few words suggest new players would be impressive ( or, for the doom merchants, are burned out).

“Wish I could. Told it’s not far off, but that’s not a new position... Players lined up are ?!”

25 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

If a club is under an embargo (as we were close season) it is then monitored closely throughout the season by the EFL.

I wholeheartedly agree with this system. It differs to FFP which is retrospective.

One must assume that if AL has been covering the wages then he has probably been loaning the money so far rather than investing yet! 

Sounds right enough.

I think you have to submit a mid season report to them in December as well?

36 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Mike Keegan reply to being asked if he could update on takeover. His last few words suggest new players would be impressive ( or, for the doom merchants, are burned out).

“Wish I could. Told it’s not far off, but that’s not a new position... Players lined up are ?!”

Could be Keegan saying we are signing arsonists? What a stupid emoji to use. 

40 minutes ago, ChaddySmoker said:

This tallies with what Wellens said i.e. " We are quite close to the limit at the moment".

Sounds like they are taking a very keen interest in our wage bill at present.

Re Bury - I was told by someone who knows the chairman that they get around it by taking loans out through companies that are separate to to the football club so the debt doesn't belong to the club and therefore doesn' t effect FFP. However, he didnt really explain  how that money made it's way in to the club playing budget without being considered a loan. 

He also told me the alleged ultimate source of the money - but I wouldn't repeat that on a public forum!

2 hours ago, LaticsPete said:

Andy Goram, Breno and Garry Madine.

Baxter - permanent signing till the end of 2019, Kevin long (Burnley CB) season-long loan,  Byran, and Doyle to return all FACT  and to be signed Monday morning.

Excuse me while I go back to bed and rest my wrist.....

Edited by Stagger Lee

9 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

Baxter - permanent signing till the end of 2019, Kevin long (Burnley CB) season-long loan,  Byran, and Doyle to return all FACT  and to be signed Monday morning.

Excuse me while I go back to bed and rest my wrist.....

Long has played in the PL for Burnley this season. Surely no chance with this one.

Can't see Baxter being true, either.