January transfer window

1 hour ago, HarryBosch said:

He's hoping to have another striker (not Clarke-Harris) in for tomorrow.... 

It worries me that r.e JCH he said if definitely won't happen tomorrow as we are playing Rovrum kind of alluding that he may come after (He didn't deny the link at all)

Poor signing imo, not what we need.

Just now, palmer1 said:

It worries me that r.e JCH he said if definitely won't happen tomorrow as we are playing Rovrum kind of alluding that he may come after (He didn't deny the link at all)

I'm not too keen either but Wellens will have seen more of him than me since he left. 

He could be very good. Let's see. 

Intrigued to know who the other one is.... 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

I'm not too keen either but Wellens will have seen more of him than me since he left. 

He could be very good. Let's see. 

Intrigued to know who the other one is.... 

I think Wellens likes to use these press conferences to keep the opposition guessing.  Some of the things he says are apparently contradictory

e.g. He says he likes JCH, pretty much confirms he is in for him but says a deal can't be done before tomorrow. Then says his overall requirement is Doyle, Bryan and Byrne plus another striker. From that I'd assume that the 2nd striker is JCH, but he also says there is a chance of having another striker in for tomorrow.

I wouldn't be surprised if the registration issues have been resolved but the first we hear of it is when the team sheet comes out tomorrow.

37 minutes ago, bozman said:

I think Wellens likes to use these press conferences to keep the opposition guessing.  Some of the things he says are apparently contradictory

e.g. He says he likes JCH, pretty much confirms he is in for him but says a deal can't be done before tomorrow. Then says his overall requirement is Doyle, Bryan and Byrne plus another striker. From that I'd assume that the 2nd striker is JCH, but he also says there is a chance of having another striker in for tomorrow.

I wouldn't be surprised if the registration issues have been resolved but the first we hear of it is when the team sheet comes out tomorrow.

Think they may release most info today (if any) so as to boost tomorrows attendance.

1 hour ago, bozman said:

Pretty sure Saturday's opposition will know if we're planning to sign JCH in time for the match or not.

1 minute ago, oafcmetty said:

Pretty sure Saturday's opposition will know if we're planning to sign JCH in time for the match or not.

That's not what I'm suggesting. I'm saying there must also be another striker target in addition to JCH if there is a chance of him signing in time for tomorrow.

1 hour ago, League one forever said:

There’s no way we can afford to pay Flynn off, sign Byrne, McEleney and loan Pringle and the lad from Celtic. 

Unless. . ??

I don't think we will have paid off all of Flynn's wages. Wouldn't be surprised if he signed for someone else by the end of January.

6 hours ago, palmer1 said:

I'd give the lad a chance first, its a couple of years since we've seen him.

3 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

I'd give the lad a chance first, its a couple of years since we've seen him.

Yeah if he signs he'll get a good number of games before I decide imo if he was worth it (as I always do no snap judgment) my opinion is based off what I've seen of him previously which is a all any of us can be base it off as he done next to nothing since he left.

5 hours ago, pk200 said:

Think they may release most info today (if any) so as to boost tomorrows attendance.

Nah...confuse the opposition and pick up the three points.
Much more important than the attendance, which probably wouldn't be boosted anyway.

2 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

Nothing on the Fylde website

Strange that as it was on the legit non league page then disappeared.

Could it be we are short of players tomorrow and held the moves back?

Edited by BP1960