January transfer window

8 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

After today's solid performance Edmundson might well be staying. 

Always struck me as as player who will improve with experience and in a couple of years time be better still.

Would you play him in place of gerrard alongside another centre half (Bryan hopefully)? He impresses me and as you say I think he will develop with experience.

10 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

After today's solid performance Edmundson might well be staying. 

Always struck me as as player who will improve with experience and in a couple of years time be better still.

I don't know why we didn't keep on with him after he had a good run of games in Shezurrection 1. He would have done fine and learned so much playing beside Clarke.

I think he was struggling at first today, he didn't know what Johnny wanted from him and with Dummy helping to pack the midfield he was left as RB a lot of the time. A couple of mistakes, just like young Tarky...

7 minutes ago, johnafoafc said:

Would you play him in place of gerrard alongside another centre half (Bryan hopefully)? He impresses me and as you say I think he will develop with experience.

Hard to say, Gerrard although lacking in pace has done ok and will stay in the team.

Edmundson does needs games though to gain experience, which is a bit of a dilemma for RW. 

8 minutes ago, leeslover said:

I don't know why we didn't keep on with him after he had a good run of games in Shezurrection 1. He would have done fine and learned so much playing beside Clarke.

I think he was struggling at first today, he didn't know what Johnny wanted from him and with Dummy helping to pack the midfield he was left as RB a lot of the time. A couple of mistakes, just like young Tarky...

I was a bit concerned when Rotherham brought on the giant Smith, but Edmundson was beating him in the air. His problem in the past has been timing and not jumping his height, which showed great improvement today.

5 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Not a fan of Edmondson but today I thought he grew into the game and was excellent. Dominant in the air too. He should retain his place. 

He was at fault for their goal though. He panicked kicking the ball away and instead of clearing it properly he hit Fane with his clearance and it bounced off Fane to one of their players resulting in a first time shot on our goal which unfortunately went in. The rest of the game he was outstanding. 

Edited by Smiler13

21 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Not a fan of Edmondson but today I thought he grew into the game and was excellent. Dominant in the air too. He should retain his place. 

Thought he did well too, and personally I thought Gerrard was more at fault in the build up with being so slow and getting pulled out of position and still letting a cross in. 

However seeing as Relagation / Promotion is not on this year it would be great to give Edmondson an extended run in the team for him to fully develop as he could be a great first team automatic choice next season. Gerrard is not getting faster and frankly we need to replace him and Clarke for next season. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

For some reason, seems Preston still want Hunt...

He's going to develop into a top player imo.

For us he would be a far greater asset on the right side of defence but as mentioned we do need a left back & he covers that role comfortably enough.

21 hours ago, GlossopLatic said:

I too was impressed with Edmundson today If Bryan doesnt come back Id be happy for him to continue alongside Gerrard.

I want Bryan back as much as the next person, but - if Edmundson is the real deal (you can't say that he is just based on a half decent match yesterday) giving him a run instead would be better for the club long term.....