January transfer window

5 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

Maouche and Omrani puzzle me. On decent money apparently and yet must be further away than since they joined to getting a game.

Indeed. I think they'd have bean  two of the first out the door if it was solely Wellens decision. But as they're AL's lads he probably isn't allowed to get rid of them at this stage.

Edited by bozman
Typo

35 minutes ago, bozman said:

Indeed. I think they'd have bean  two of the first out the door if it was solely Wellens decision. But as they're AL's lads he probably isn't allowed to get rid of them at this stage.

Neither has done anything wrong imo. Not had the chance to do much right either mind.  Maouche against Newcastle was decent, but Newcastle kids were poor. Omrani has been ok too, bar once when he had a poor game, can’t remember which it was. 

23 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Neither has done anything wrong imo. Not had the chance to do much right either mind.  Maouche against Newcastle was decent, but Newcastle kids were poor. Omrani has been ok too, bar once when he had a poor game, can’t remember which it was. 

That was during the Scunthorpe game. He was way off the pace and taken off after about 30 minutes or so.

20 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

I'd agree with that. I'm basing my comment more on the fact I sense that Wellens doesn't seem too keen on them given their lack of playing time, even when the midfield was looking threadbare for a short time.  He's brought in new signings rather than give them a run in the side.

5 hours ago, bozman said:

He was allowed to get rid of AL’s biggest name client, so not much to this theory.

Possibly a silly question, but has Menig definitely left the club?

I know all signs point to it - Wellens saying outright he wants him to go, the MEN reporting he'd left, not in the last matchday squad, etc.

But the club hasn't announced it, Nantes haven't announced his return, and the French press are reporting that Ranieri isn't in a hurry to take him back and expects us to honour the loan agreement for the full season.

Is he just sitting in an airport terminal somewhere?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Monty Burns said:

He was allowed to get rid of AL’s biggest name client, so not much to this theory.

Menig never wanted to come in the first place. Suits us and him, if his departure is confirmed. Completely different situation with players who don't have anywhere to go back to.

Quite a bit of news from this, though I think similar to MEN

1 CB & 2 strikers, inc a pacy striker

Davies & Holloway too simlilar, not stated one could go but with rumours that is infered

Cannot afford financially, will ask for favours

Wants one in by Weds (tommorrow)

“There has been a bit of a fire sale here this week because our slots have been too big in terms of financial fair play.

“We needed to get rid of players to enable us to register the ones we want playing."

Don't need 30 odd players, 18 or 19 quality +2 or 3 loanees

Same budget

http://www.mancunianmatters.co.uk/content/160177190-oldham-enter-transfer-frenzy-mode-wellens-looks-keep-latics-league-one

Corney was saying quite openly at the start of the season that they'd offered McLaughlin a new contract over the summer (when Wigan were sniffing) and McL said he's not signing a new one and would be leaving for free in summer 2018. 

Don't know how flush Millwall are, but 200k seems a lot to buy someone they'd get for free in a few months, and has hardly been ripping up trees in League One. 

Here are some players I'll be looking out for before the deadline, one i've seen and 2 recommended to me.

Ben Heneghan 24yo

6ft 5" centre back

Sheffield United

(Ideal for Latics IMO)

Joe Nuttall 20yo

6ft striker

Blackburn Rovers

George Hirst 18yo

6ft' 3" striker Sheffield Wednesday

It will be interesting to see If any club makes a move for these players on loan

Edited by BP1960

7 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Here are some players I'll be looking out for before the deadline, one i've seen and 2 recommended to me.

Ben Heneghan 24yo

6ft 5" centre back

Sheffield United

(Ideal for Latics IMO)

Joe Nuttall 20yo

6ft striker

Blackburn Rovers

George Hirst 18yo

6ft' 3" striker Sheffield Wednesday

It will be interesting to see If any club makes a move for these players on loan

which one have you seen and what are his particular attributes?