January transfer window

4 minutes ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Heneghan. Ex Stoke youth. Used to play for Chester then went up to Scotland. Very good player 

Yes, I've seen Ben, a very good player on the ground and in the air, similar to Aden Flint.

Edited by BP1960

2 minutes ago, latics22 said:

How about we go crazy and sign someone fucking decent instead of people who may make it!

Heneghan is an experienced player, and players who will make it often appear on loan at this level. We had one in Ryan Bertrand.

2 hours ago, Bristolatic said:

May I respectfully suggest you put pen/pencil/quill to paper/parchment and let the club know about this Heheghan bloke? It might just work.

Wellens is pretty clued up and knows a lot of players son i expect he’s already aware of him. Heneghan was starting and doing well in the SPL prior to joining Sheff Utd. I’d be surprised if they want to let him go but we’d be a great place for him to come 

6 hours ago, b0ndl1ne said:

Wellens is pretty clued up and knows a lot of players son i expect he’s already aware of him. Heneghan was starting and doing well in the SPL prior to joining Sheff Utd. I’d be surprised if they want to let him go but we’d be a great place for him to come 

He hasn't played a game for them yet so Sheffield United might agree to a loan move.

Think we can forget about this one BP ,would be nice if he turned out to be as good as his old man but seemingly being advised by the greedy gang

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-dejphon-chansiri-resigned-to-losing-owls-starlet-george-hirst-1-8891786

33 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He hasn't played a game for them yet so Sheffield United might agree to a loan move.

I think I read somewhere that Rotherham were after him on loan. 

If we’re putting a call in to Sheff Utd can we ask them if Lafferty fancies a start?!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, archiecat said:

Think we can forget about this one BP ,would be nice if he turned out to be as good as his old man but seemingly being advised by the greedy gang

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-dejphon-chansiri-resigned-to-losing-owls-starlet-george-hirst-1-8891786

Says they are willing to send him out on loan though.

With advice like taht I expect to see him not even sitting on a PL bench for three or four years and then ending up in League 1 anyway

Whilst the takeover drags on its all going to be down to money. If any of the parent clubs want a contribution to wages we are probably stuffed by the salary cap. 

I'm starting to think beating Shrewsbury is important. Don't know if we can use all £50k 'prize' money or just 60% but even £30k would be a useful contribution over 5 months.

Might let us partly pay for a loan or even register a new signing. 

It upsets me that I'm starting to comtemplate the whole checkatrade money thing.

Lets hope AL gets the deal over the line tomorrow and has the wherewithal for a 'donation'