January transfer window

1 hour ago, TheBigDog said:

Doyle, Bryan, Byrne - played and to great effect

Pringle - played and to some effect but still obviously not match fit

Benyu - played but to no effect

Nazon - played once and to good effect

Zeus, Moimbé, McEleny  not yet played

So not quite as you make out.

But defensively our approach and personnel needs changing!

I've seen Tom Hamer play centre back, not the tallest, but he's quick in closing down and good in the air. 

Edited by BP1960

45 minutes ago, HarryBosch said:

Also factor in that things should (I say that hesitantly) settle down now so Wellens can get on with working with what he's got. 

The big concern for me is Gerrard, he's carrying an injury which hopefully won't sidline him eventually for a lot of games.

Edited by BP1960

The defender from Villa that was touted on here, Suliman think he is called, signed for Grimsby on loan.  You wouldnt know if this was ever on the cards right enough.

CD Belik from Arsenal signed for a league 1 club also, highly rated.

10 minutes ago, deckyd said:

The defender from Villa that was touted on here, Suliman think he is called, signed for Grimsby on loan.  You wouldnt know if this was ever on the cards right enough.

CD Belik from Arsenal signed for a league 1 club also, highly rated.

I suppose the are centre backs out of contract to be investigated?

Edited by BP1960

18 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

The big concern for me is Gerrard, he's carrying an injury which hopefully won't sidline him eventually for a lot of games.

I believe he did more damage to his injury by playing last weekend. We’ll have to wait and see if it’s treatable with injections to keep him going or if it’s longer out of the team! 

Did we ever officially sign that Jean Ambrose?, He's a CB isn't he? He arrived with the other #frenchlads at the beginning of the season and I'm sure he sits in the main stand some match days.

Edited by Gaz_Oafc

Interview with Wellens I just read, and he said we agreed a deal with Matt Mills and last minute he went to Barnsley, we also bid for Devante Cole who went to Wigan. Obviously disappointed not to get those players, but good signs that we are linked to these kind of players. Also wanted a lad from Wolves.

11 hours ago, BP1960 said:

We have a bit of money now though and priority is a centre back.

Mills bid

Well Apparently we did bid for him which surprises me a little Abdullah must have some clout if we can go after him and Devante Cole.

Still as I've said this squad is good enough to stay up if it gets its shit together.

1 minute ago, GlossopLatic said:

Mills bid

Well Apparently we did bid for him which surprises me a little Abdullah must have some clout if we can go after him and Devante Cole.

Still as I've said this squad is good enough to stay up if it gets its shit together.

Was it a proper bid that was ever going to get Cole or was it just a token bid, knowing that he was never coming....

5 minutes ago, daniel said:

Interview with Wellens I just read, and he said we agreed a deal with Matt Mills and last minute he went to Barnsley, we also bid for Devante Cole who went to Wigan. Obviously disappointed not to get those players, but good signs that we are linked to these kind of players. Also wanted a lad from Wolves.

We couldn't agree an extra year on mills contract, weren't fast or aggressive enough for cole. Sounds like we just couldn't push the boat out enough.

1 minute ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Was it a proper bid that was ever going to get Cole or was it just a token bid, knowing that he was never coming....

Well according to the link it was a proper bid then Fleetwood told everyone then Wigan upped the ante. Your sources might no more I'm not in the know.

12 hours ago, kowenicki said:

I heard it as 5 or 6 total. We’ve had that. 

It's now clear from RW interview in MEN that it was correct to assume the 3 or 4 more than Doyle & Moimbe, that the 5 or 6 yesterday more was accurate.

Fairly robust condemnation of the new owner outwardly, or really he means the takeover delay. Would have thought the latter, or he is distracting by such heavy condemnation.

"It got to about 9:30pm and that's when I knew we weren't getting anyone. If you get to that point then you should have things in motion by then. "

Edited by singe

23 minutes ago, daniel said:

Mills had already been linked with Barnsley according to Tuesday's Nottingham Post.

Just now, josh_latics said:

Grow up, Wellens. 

You got Byrne, Bryan, Doyle, McEleney, Bunyu and Pringle that were your picks, and possibly Nazon, plus some #FrenchLads. 

Start managing us properly. 

Agreed. No point going on about players he didn’t get. He’s got more than enough quality with what he has to get us out of trouble. He needs to get them back to how they were playing at the start of his tenure. If he doesn’t he may find the management career he craves fails to materialise. 

8 minutes ago, singe said:

It's now clear from RW interview in MEN that it was correct to assume the 3 or 4 more than Doyle & Moimbe, that the 5 or 6 yesterday more was accurate.

Fairly robust condemnation of the new owner outwardly, or really he means the takeover delay. Would have thought the latter, or he is distracting by such heavy condemnation.

"It got to about 9:30pm and that's when I knew we weren't getting anyone. If you get to that point then you should have things in motion by then. "

Slightly selective there.  Its was clearly a joint effort trying to sign these other higher profile players.  RW and AL.  They have to want to come too you know and perhaps being near the arse of the table and having a rookie manager wasn't helpful.

RW has raved about McEleney and Pringle and he has other new players too.   So by his own admission he has a team of players better than when he had the amazing run of results... so what exactly is the problem?