January transfer window

1 minute ago, kowenicki said:

The fact that there is ‘a plan’ that RW must play AL players or get the cones out?  Evidentially that’s just plain wrong. 

I was being flippant..... we don't know 'the plan'..... so it leaves a void for such tomfoolery...... esp when the manager/coach barks on about not getting players he wanted, whether he was allowed to bid for them or not......

32 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

I was being flippant..... we don't know 'the plan'..... so it leaves a void for such tomfoolery...... esp when the manager/coach barks on about not getting players he wanted, whether he was allowed to bid for them or not......

In which case you are being entitled. He’s been in a week, but even if he’d been in a month I’m not sure telling you his ‘plan’ is top of his to do list. ?

21 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

In which case you are being entitled. He’s been in a week, but even if he’d been in a month I’m not sure telling you his ‘plan’ is top of his to do list. ?

That maybe.... but if it would take little time / effort to set out the basic tenets of said plan, such that we can understand the approach..... and therefore maybe why Wellens couldn't have Devante Cole or Matt Mills on this occasion and must instead work with his left back from Nantes and the Duck lad up front - at least until Doyle is fit - then I don't see why he can't do that.....

He [Mr. Lemsagam] must surely understand that being a former Agent will bring with it certain concerns about his motives.... and spending a little bit of time kom-yoo-ni-kating might not be a bad idea. He's not Jack Walker, buying his childhood club, an Oligarch or a Sheikh..... why on earth would a Moroccan former football Agent residing in Dubai want to own Latics?

Edited by lookersstandandy

41 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

That maybe.... but if it would take little time / effort to set out the basic tenets of said plan, such that we can understand the approach..... and therefore maybe why Wellens couldn't have Devante Cole or Matt Mills on this occasion and must instead work with his left back from Nantes and the Duck lad up front - at least until Doyle is fit - then I don't see why he can't do that.....

He [Mr. Lemsagam] must surely understand that being a former Agent will bring with it certain concerns about his motives.... and spending a little bit of time kom-yoo-ni-kating might not be a bad idea. He's not Jack Walker, buying his childhood club, an Oligarch or a Sheikh..... why on earth would a Moroccan former football Agent residing in Dubai want to own Latics?

Not worth pondering. 

I'm somewhat confused that re-signing three players who took part in our dismal December form is regarded as strengthening the squad.  I accept that without them Bury would soon pass us by.

Undoubtedly the delayed takeover made things difficult for Wellens as players might have jumped our way earlier in the month.  I agree with his assessment of both players out of contract and, I think, by analogy players who have not had recent game time.  There looks to be for example a good player in Pringle but he lacks both match fitness and sharpness ( might never get it back due to his injury).

Wellens knows that even with Bryan we are a centre back short because Gerrard is crocked and it is this which will ultimately see us relegated.  Simon Corney will be disappointed but somewhat smug.

9 hours ago, deyres42 said:

First window for both manager and owner, a learning game for both.

As an agent, you’re pushing it to call it Abdallah’s first window

That said, we may have failed to clinch a few deals, but we’re hardly that attractive a proposition at present, and all things considered, I think we had a very decent window

Now it’s time for the players and manager to step up. Less said about the upstairs the better

5 minutes ago, NewBlue said:

As an agent, you’re pushing it to call it Abdallah’s first window

That said, we may have failed to clinch a few deals, but we’re hardly that attractive a proposition at present, and all things considered, I think we had a very decent window

Now it’s time for the players and manager to step up. Less said about the upstairs the better

First window for him on the other side of the fence then, so to speak.

6 hours ago, archiecat said:

Now if only we knew an experienced scout who could help the club in it's hour of need :D

In my experience big strong centre backs are the easiest to find. I remember Aden Flint at Alfreton - now worth a reported £12 million.

Many more out there like him.

5 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Oh to find somebody who could answer this.

I expect it’s purely because of the money that’s now in the Championship, a league with the 4th highest average attendance in Europe and being one league away from it.

6 minutes ago, whittles left foot said:

Well unless he has some better quality players than what we have seen so far it might be 2 leagues away.

I don’t disagree. He probably thought French 2nd division players could do well in the English 3rd division and he’s sorely mistaken 

• 1 month later...
On 01/02/2018 at 1:26 PM, lookersstandandy said:

Mr. Lemsagam's record so far is iffy at best;

Placide - Started brilliantly, gone right off the boil.

Gevaro - OK.

Queensy - Didn't work out.

Maouche - Clearly not up to standard and a 2 deal looks foolish.

Omrani - Nowhere near good enough either, 1 year deal was too much.

De Le Paz - TBC

Nazon - TBC

Moimbe - TBC.

.....and there may be more to come over the next few days/weeks....?

If this is 'the plan' and the standard of thrustee does not improve markedly..... we are fooked, Leyton Orient style.

I hope he's an absolute genius who unearths gems faster than a Hatton Garden diamond dealer..... but if he doesn't, we [via the trust?] need to attempt to encourage him to review his plan [whatever it is?], quickly.

Update;

Placide - Started brilliantly, gone right off the boil. On balance - cult status aside - probs not good enough.

Gevaro - OK.

De Le Paz - TBC

Nazon - Got something about him. Still very raw.

Moimbe - Not convinced yet.

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

Update;

Placide - Started brilliantly, gone right off the boil. On balance - cult status aside - probs not good enough.

Gevaro - OK.

De Le Paz - TBC

Nazon - Got something about him. Still very raw.

Moimbe - Not convinced yet.

Some wasted wages right there, for the same money we could of had two or three real quality additions. 

22 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Some wasted wages right there, for the same money we could of had two or three real quality additions. 

Like say, Matt Mills & Devante Cole?

Drops Sports Direct. Repaint the Chaddy roof. Get a new bag of balls...... but it’s window dressing. I wanna hear what the plan is. Cos if it’s sign a squad of this lot, I’d be very worried.

2 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

Like say, Matt Mills & Devante Cole?

Drops Sports Direct. Repaint the Chaddy roof. Get a new bag of balls...... but it’s window dressing. I wanna hear what the plan is. Cos if it’s sign a squad of this lot, I’d be very worried.

Matt mills I give you, but devante Cole isn't the sort of player IMO that we need, other people have a higher opinion of him than me.