January transfer window

1 hour ago, disjointed said:

Matt mills I give you, but devante Cole isn't the sort of player IMO that we need, other people have a higher opinion of him than me.

I’m being mildly facetious. I hope we’ve got enough to stay up with what we’ve got..... but either way, the summer is going to tell us a lot. I pray - and I’m not religious - that it goes well.... but I’m sh1t scared a lorry load of ‘French Lads’ arrive much to Richie’s distaste.

7 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Having gone to an evening with Richie well ens last night, I can assure you being saddled with a load of foreign imports not of his choosing would see Richie being seriously miffed.

Apart from one, its not the imports who let him down today. 

Edited by BP1960

2 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

Apart from one, its not the imports who let him down today. 

Lets face it the players AL has brought in are not up to it, there are much better keepers out there than Placide and of the rest Moimbe has done alright, for me the rest are just clogging up the training pitch and are not up to it, I hope he realises this and leaves recruitment up to the manager and his assistants.

8 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Lets face it the players AL has brought in are not up to it, there are much better keepers out there than Placide and of the rest Moimbe has done alright, for me the rest are just clogging up the training pitch and are not up to it, I hope he realises this and leaves recruitment up to the manager and his assistants.

I agree, but RW has brought in the likes of Benyu. 

Edited by BP1960

16 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

What happened to Nepomuceno?; he seemed ok

44 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

What happened to Nepomuceno?; he seemed ok

I think he’s fit, he’s been called up to his national side anyway. Prefer him to Ryan Mclaughlin in the squad at the moment, I think Ryan is a better footballer, but I seriously question his commitment and desire to be a Latics player, very much doubt he’ll be here next season. 

Looking at the names mentioned, our squad is ridiculously too big, whats happened to that Belgian kid? Kyremeh or something? 

8 hours ago, daniel said:

I think he’s fit, he’s been called up to his national side anyway. Prefer him to Ryan Mclaughlin in the squad at the moment, I think Ryan is a better footballer, but I seriously question his commitment and desire to be a Latics player, very much doubt he’ll be here next season. 

Looking at the names mentioned, our squad is ridiculously too big, whats happened to that Belgian kid? Kyremeh or something? 

Mclaughlin has been our biggest dissapointment this season. Ok hes been injured but when he has played hes not been anywhere near good enough I had high hopes for him after last season not to necessarily be a world beater but a good league 1 winger who if he knuckled down and worked really hard could be a championship one. But we've just seen nothing from him.

• Like 1

On 18/03/2018 at 7:44 AM, GlossopLatic said:

Mclaughlin has been our biggest dissapointment this season. Ok hes been injured but when he has played hes not been anywhere near good enough I had high hopes for him after last season not to necessarily be a world beater but a good league 1 winger who if he knuckled down and worked really hard could be a championship one. But we've just seen nothing from him.

Already got his bags packed good riddance if he isn’t Interested and obvs doesn’t want to be here

• 3 months later...
On 06/01/2018 at 11:35 AM, bozman said:

This tallies with what Wellens said i.e. " We are quite close to the limit at the moment".

Sounds like they are taking a very keen interest in our wage bill at present.

Re Bury - I was told by someone who knows the chairman that they get around it by taking loans out through companies that are separate to to the football club so the debt doesn't belong to the club and therefore doesn' t effect FFP. However, he didnt really explain  how that money made it's way in to the club playing budget without being considered a loan. 

He also told me the alleged ultimate source of the money - but I wouldn't repeat that on a public forum!

Bury debt has gone up from £4.3m to almost £7m (similarly level to ours) However, according to Kieran Maguire Bury say £4m owed to one of Day's companies but it's not on the other companies accounts.

1 hour ago, singe said:

Bury debt has gone up from £4.3m to almost £7m (similarly level to ours) However, according to Kieran Maguire Bury say £4m owed to one of Day's companies but it's not on the other companies accounts.

We’re 7 mill in debt?

On 17/03/2018 at 8:52 PM, lookersstandandy said:

I’m being mildly facetious. I hope we’ve got enough to stay up with what we’ve got..... but either way, the summer is going to tell us a lot. I pray - and I’m not religious - that it goes well.... but I’m sh1t scared a lorry load of ‘French Lads’ arrive much to Richie’s distaste.

We'll piss it with what we've got. Add 20 more points with 3 decent signings. #

1 hour ago, latics22 said:

Ah well that doesn’t  count, because if we ever do we can then afford it

It relies on Blitz not calling it in early though. So far, no sign, but it is a hell of a thin thread to be held up by.

21 minutes ago, singe said:

It relies on Blitz not calling it in early though. So far, no sign, but it is a hell of a thin thread to be held up by.

Well we simply can’t pay it and he’s knows that. You would assume AL would have that in writing before taking us on.

14 hours ago, singe said:

Singe

Bury FC Accounts for the year end 31st May 2017

Agree that Bury Creditors (Debt) have risen from £6,837,747 in 2017 from £4,334,418 in 2016, an increase of £2,503,329

Bury FC Operating Loss is £2,665,662 for 2017 up from £2,358,160 in 2016

What's your source for Latics debt being c£7m as we don't appear to have filed our Accounts for some time ?

Assuming Latics run at a similar annual Operating loss of lets say c£3m (this £figure has previously been muted by our previous Chairman), what has Mr Lemsagam spent

his c£5m-£6m on  ?

Genuinely interested

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

Singe

Agree that Bury Creditors (Debt) have risen from £6,837,747 in 2017 from £4,334,418 in 2016, an increase of £2,503,329

What's your source for Latics debt being c£7m as we don't appear to have filed our Accounts for some time ?

Assuming Latics run at a similar annual Operating loss of lets say c£3m (this £figure has previously been muted by our previous Chairman), what has Mr Lemsagam spent

his c£5m-£6m on  ?

Genuinely interested

Well what do the last accounts show? 

1 hour ago, tGWB said:

Singe

his c£5m-£6m on  ?

Genuinely interested

97% controlling interest in Oldham Athletic.

31 minutes ago, kowenicki said:

Well what do the last accounts show? 

Over £11m but virtually impossible to qualify what that is made up from by what is filed

30 minutes ago, deyres42 said:

97% controlling interest in Oldham Athletic.

Money definitely spent buying the majority 97% shareholding (wouldn't have thought £5-£6m ) but lets hope its money well spent