Checkatrade scabbery - assuming takeover is done & new players are in....

Will you come off the Checkatrade picket line for a glimpse of some talent?  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Will you come off the picket line for a glimpse of some talent?

• Yes
    • No

1 hour ago, Gary1906 said:

Whether you’re a fan of the competition or you think it’s a waste of time, the question is are you a Latics fan and supporter of the club?

Of course you should go to the match.

Its a Latics home game. End of!!

£10 for Adults, £5 Concessionary.

Hardly rip off prices. COYB

Few reasons I am not going 

- It is going to be absolutely freezing.

- The likelihood is it will be almost like a friendly.

- Silent Witness is back on...

• Replies 240
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Andy-latic said:

People are entitled to argue what they want, but if the team you supposedly loves plays at Wembley in a football league trophy against a league side, at the national ground where you haven't seen your side play for 24 years, if ever... Then I'm sorry but you really don't give that much of a shit anyway (which is fine, but just don't use boycotting as a reason).

Ok, you must know me better than I do then.  47 years  a season ticket holder, seem us play on every ground I can in most of that time (except MK, another principal of mine), was at Charlton on Sat but I'm not a fan. If only I'd known, I could have saved myself a fortune over the years

2 hours ago, Gary1906 said:

Whether you’re a fan of the competition or you think it’s a waste of time, the question is are you a Latics fan and supporter of the club?

If you went to Crewe away under Dunn but not this does that get you a free pass into the “real fan” club? Asking for a friend 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

52 minutes ago, disjointed said:

Ah right, so i've been kidding myself for nearly 50 years.

Not kidding yourself, just wasting your time. It's completely up to you of course... But if you have spent your Saturday afternoons in the past watching us get stuffed 5-0 at Hereford and 7-0 at MK Dons and every other of the 100s of defeats against shite teams... You've put up with all that, yet you will give Wembley a miss for the sake of boycotting a match between 2 teams in the same division. I just can't get understand that reasoning. 

1 hour ago, Gary1906 said:

We've got outselves a new Superfan.

If we lost our place in the Football League to Stoke B, you'd be shouting and moaning the loudest.

21 minutes ago, Steve_R said:

Ok, you must know me better than I do then.  47 years  a season ticket holder, seem us play on every ground I can in most of that time (except MK, another principal of mine), was at Charlton on Sat but I'm not a fan. If only I'd known, I could have saved myself a fortune over the years

Lets agree to disagree because I honestly can't see how someone would not want to watch the team they support at Wembley.

1 minute ago, Andy-latic said:

Lets agree to disagree because I honestly can't see how someone would not want to watch the team they support at Wembley.

Because watching us for the next 50 years, though thick and thin, is better than watchng them in Non League whislt Leicester B take our place. I can't see how someone cannot see the consequences or trust FL, Clarke and Premier League.

But each to their own. Agree to disagree too.

4 minutes ago, singe said:

Because watching us for the next 50 years, though thick and thin, is better than watchng them in Non League whislt Leicester B take our place. I can't see how someone cannot see the consequences or trust FL, Clarke and Premier League.

I understand this reasoning for the game tomorrow, but not in the final against a league side. Forums are meant for different opinions, so fair enough.

33 minutes ago, singe said:

Sick of people saying ‘such a teams b team will take over us and our league position’.

no they won’t. It won’t ever happen, so stop talking nonesense. 

I wouldn't normally respond this way, but:

Those claiming you/I are not real fans if we fail to attend a Football League Trophy game, regardless of the U21 aspect of the competition, can fuck right off.

Go if you want to.  Enjoy it if you want to.  Don't tell me it makes you in some way a better supporter than me though.

30 minutes ago, oldhamoafc said:

Sick of people saying ‘such a teams b team will take over us and our league position’.

no they won’t. It won’t ever happen, so stop talking nonesense. 

31 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Yeah coz that’s really going to happen isn’t it! Blimey what are you on????

Clearly you 2 are not seeing the agenda being pushed by the premier league here. They have made clear intentions here that they want their own B teams in the football league the EFL trophy is their way of getting people used to the idea. This would then bring them in line with the likes of Real Madrid and Barcelona. 

The idea that not wanting to go to this makes you less of a fan is complete bollocks and is the type of blind loyalty that gives people running football the green light to take the piss out of football fans.

I wont stand in the way of others wanting to go but I dont like my club being involved in this competition in its current format with the involvement of B teams if that makes me less of a fan in your eyes then Glory Glory Man Ufuckinnited!

4 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

I'm having it because I fucking love watching Oldham Athletic. 

And I have no issue with that, enjoy it Gaz. It's those in denial of the consequences or claiming anyone who doesn't go is a lesser fan that I take issue with.

3 minutes ago, singe said:

And I have no issue with that, enjoy it Gaz. It's those in denial of the consequences or claiming anyone who doesn't go is a lesser fan that I take issue with.

Absolutely, my main reason for going is because my circumstances dictate I can't go to as many games as I'd like. This one I can get to, so I'll be there. Totally respect others reasons for not.

18 minutes ago, singe said:

Denial of the consequences?  What a load of bollocks. There's no evidence at all that points to there being any negative consequences from taking this competition seriously and the money that goes with it. 

20 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

Denial of the consequences?  What a load of bollocks. There's no evidence at all that points to there being any negative consequences from taking this competition seriously and the money that goes with it. 

Why is the premier league chucking money at league clubs to keep their u23 teams in it? Why do they bother?