Kean Bryan Returns

1 hour ago, singe said:

Apart from Hamer & Edmunson, the players off the pitch seemed to want it more than the ones on it.

Unfortunately, due to injuries RW coudn't play them. Had he that option I believe we'd still be in Division One.

1 hour ago, BP1960 said:

Unfortunately, due to injuries RW coudn't play them. Had he that option I believe we'd still be in Division One.

Funnily enough I think they both equipped themselves so well, I am not so sure. I think the problems were elsewhere despite our appalling goals against.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, RoytonLatics said:

Was seen training on little Wembley today, according to twitter. 

Probably nothing more than a final sign off before he returns to them - ie it probably doesn't bode well to simply return players to their clubs with a note saying "sorry we broke him!" .. 

That said, and this is literally a pie in the sky comment .. does anyone really believe he'll pull on a sky blue shirt anytime soon? They're not that kind of club anymore imho! .. maybe he's sat down with someone (Agent/RW/PG/whoever) and realises he needs to put himself in the shop window a bit! I know our 'window' needs more than just cleaning .. but he may believe that he's better getting a decent - this is the tricky bit - season under his belt having been told he's a guarantee on the team sheet?

Who knows? Is it too early to dream yet?

10 minutes ago, thetramfixer said:

Probably nothing more than a final sign off before he returns to them - ie it probably doesn't bode well to simply return players to their clubs with a note saying "sorry we broke him!" .. 

That said, and this is literally a pie in the sky comment .. does anyone really believe he'll pull on a sky blue shirt anytime soon? They're not that kind of club anymore imho! .. maybe he's sat down with someone (Agent/RW/PG/whoever) and realises he needs to put himself in the shop window a bit! I know our 'window' needs more than just cleaning .. but he may believe that he's better getting a decent - this is the tricky bit - season under his belt having been told he's a guarantee on the team sheet?

He's better than L2 for sure. 

Don't see why he is training at our place unless he wants to work with that specific physio. He's also got one of those monitors on that records their movement.  

7 minutes ago, Kusunga_Is_God said:

He's better than L2 for sure. 

Don't see why he is training at our place unless he wants to work with that specific physio. He's also got one of those monitors on that records their movement.  

Hence the last sentence ha ha 

4 hours ago, thetramfixer said:

He won’t play for city as he isn’t good enough for them. Agree he Is better than league 2 though so it prob depends on what other clubs come in for him and if they guarantee first team football. 

4 minutes ago, super_blue said:

He won’t play for city as he isn’t good enough for them. Agree he Is better than league 2 though so it prob depends on what other clubs come in for him and if they guarantee first team football. 

Probably end up at Fleetwood then.

Last season was his first proper season given he got injured at Bury.

He won’t want to drop to League 2 so no doubt will wait and see who comes in for him and take it from there.

In the unlikely event that no-one comes in for him then he would rather be here than playing EDL at City. I’d guess until January and then a higher club would come in for him 

If Bryan were to come back, where would you play him?  We've got Clarke,  Gerrard, Edmundson and Stott for the CB slot, plus Hamer who can play there as well. 

Maybe that would allow Bryan to play left side of midfield. All pure conjecture, obviously, as we may never see him in a Latics shirt again.

Edited by Bristolatic

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

If Bryan were to come back, where would you play him?  We've got Clarke,  Gerrard, Edmundson and Stott for the CB slot, plus Hamer who can play there as well. 

Maybe that would allow Bryan to play left side of midfield. All pure conjecture, obviously, as we may never see him in a Latics shirt again.

Personally think his best position could be left back but can understand people who want him pushed into midfield, one of his qualities is his versatility.

1 hour ago, Bristolatic said:

Sat in-front of the defense. May allow Byrne and Gardner to play more and good cover for the youngsters in Edmundson Hamer & Stott when/if they play.

If he plays infront of the back 4 then he would probably need abit of time to adjust to that position as he has been a centre back throughout his career however he certainly has the  tools to do it. 

A centre midfield pair of Gardner and Bryan(which still is wishful thinking at this stage granted) appeals as they have the ability both offensively and defensively to give us a solid base to build the team around.

Edited by GlossopLatic