Kean Bryan Returns

1 hour ago, GlossopLatic said:

If he plays infront of the back 4 then he would probably need abit of time to adjust to that position as he has been a centre back throughout his career however he certainly has the  tools to do it. 

A centre midfield pair of Gardner and Bryan(which still is wishful thinking at this stage granted) appeals as they have the ability both offensively and defensively to give us a solid base to build the team around.

He's actually a converted centre mid. 

20 minutes ago, leeslover said:

Wasn't he a converted defender as a centre mid?

I hate that I have to link this :sick01:

https://www.mancity.com/teams/eds/defenders/kean bryan#profile-bio 

"England youth international Kean Bryan joined City at the age of 11, and made his U18s debut at 15 years old.

A box-to-box midfielder transformed into a centre back, the youngster likes to use his strength in possession, vision and passing ability to influence the game from the centre of the park, The youngster also possesses a powerful and accurate long range shot, and a cool head from the penalty spot.

In 2014/15 Bryan was involved in both the U18s and the EDS, featuring in the FA Youth Cup final, UEFA Youth League and the U21 International Premier League Cup.

He was a regular for the EDS in the first part of the 2015/16 season before undergoing surgery for an injury but he returned late on the in campaign.

He spent the 2016/17 season on loan at Bury and turned out 12 times in League One.

He spent the 2017/18 campaign on loan at Oldham Athletic until January."

1 hour ago, Monty Burns said:

Lets play a central defensive midielder as a LB because he is left footed.

I know it's a novel idea playing a left footed player at left back but it does happen, someone asked a question and I replied - sorry if that offends. 

1 hour ago, jorvik_latic said:

"England youth international Kean Bryan joined City at the age of 11, and made his U18s debut at 15 years old.

A box-to-box midfielder transformed into a centre back, the youngster likes to use his strength in possession, vision and passing ability to influence the game from the centre of the park, The youngster also possesses a powerful and accurate long range shot, and a cool head from the penalty spot.

In 2014/15 Bryan was involved in both the U18s and the EDS, featuring in the FA Youth Cup final, UEFA Youth League and the U21 International Premier League Cup.

He was a regular for the EDS in the first part of the 2015/16 season before undergoing surgery for an injury but he returned late on the in campaign.

He spent the 2016/17 season on loan at Bury and turned out 12 times in League One.

I meant before that.

3 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

He's actually a converted centre mid. 

A box to box one according to that. When he played midfield early doors he did appear to vacate the midfield area and it left us exposed. Think he might have to learn a little bit more positional sense if hes going to be the screen infront of the back 4 but hes nore than capable plus his sweet left peg should mean he can start attacks from deep a d pass the ball forward accurately and quickly something that fane doesnt have in his locker.

Kean would be a fantastic acquisition. I'm guessing his loan deal runs at the end of the month so probably why he's still here receiving physio as he's still technically with us. However, he genuinely seems to like being an Oldham player. He isn't going to walk into Citeh's team any time soon and if he feels some affinity with us he may opt to stay. Could we be sbout to witness the rare creature that is a loyal footballer? 

4 hours ago, jorvik_latic said:

For future reference his Wiki page has the relevant section almost word for word. 

8 hours ago, latics22 said:

I’m not saying he is or isn’t. However it’s the close season, I very much doubt he is here for physio. City’s experts or oldhams I know where I would be. The only reason I can think he would be here is for a medical.... 

Three day medical would be pretty thorough.

43 minutes ago, leeslover said:

What worries me is why he isn't off his tits on E and pissing on local monuments like a proper footballer 

Hes not even parked his car in a disabled bay yet, or wrapped it round a tree. Needs to grow up and sort it out

• 7 months later...