The Abdallah Lemsagam era begins

And so the Abdallah Lemsagam era begins.

I think we will all welcome him with open arms after the years of the three-ring (amigos ) circus. Obviously, new players before the transfer window shuts will be a priority but what else do you want from our new overlord?

Just now, Buckshawlatic said:

Paying wages on time - and a long term ambitious vision for the future 

Paying wages and bills on time is an act that helps set a foundation of trust with those inside the club and the community around it. 

For me the keyword I am looking for is professionalism.

He may not lead us to the promised land or even the championship but if he can run the business like it should be run and treat the fans, community, and the town with respect then I will be happy indeed anything more would be a welcome bonus.

Just some bloody ambition on the pitch will do me for now. 

Actually trying to get promoted and not seeing staying up as a success.

The fact Corney has implanted that mentality into some of our fan base is a disgrace and I couldn’t be happier he’s gone.

Here’s to a bright and prosperous future guys! Hopefully some success and with some luck we can be proud of our club and our team once again!

1 minute ago, Stagger Lee said:

Paying wages and bills on time is an act that helps set a foundation of trust with those inside the club and the community around it. 

For me the keyword I am looking for is professionalism.

He may not lead us to the promised land or even the championship but if he can run the business like it should be run and treat the fans, community, and the town with respect then I will be happy indeed anything more would be a welcome bonus.

Absolutely, I was perhaps a bit flippant but yes to see some genuine business professionalism rather than the seat of our our pants we’ve been used to (which I don’t blame Corney entirely for I think he’s done what’s needed most of the time) but to be run like a professional football club would be nice 

2 minutes ago, Ryan said:

Holding out for decent fees for our better players. £150,000 for Tarky was criminal.

Definitely- when you look at the money made by Peterborough on their players and what we’ve made on Stevens, Eardley, Baxter, Tarky and others it’s shocking - the best he ever did was Trotman - didn’t know it at the time but at 500 grand we ended up having Preston’s pants down 

• Like 1

Treat the trust with respect - for example, proper notification of meetings and to understand they are not the enemy and have to ask difficult questions from time to time.

Embrace joint ventures with the fans and trust over things like the supporters bar.

Give a proper naming ceremony and signage to the Jimmy Frizzell stand.

Make sure the team's fixtures and presence is known within the town - stalls selling game tickets and merchandise for example - reconnect with the townsfolk

Make more effort to embrace and encourage our Asian community to connect with the OAFC brand - not that easy but it has to be done.

Reach out to the council and businesses of the area that may have been burned or upset by previous owners.

Show the fans that you will respect our shirt colours, name, history and that you will not enforce a crazy vision that trashes our past.

55 minutes ago, Stagger Lee said:

Treat the trust with respect - for example, proper notification of meetings and to understand they are not the enemy and have to ask difficult questions from time to time.

Embrace joint ventures with the fans and trust over things like the supporters bar.

Give a proper naming ceremony and signage to the Jimmy Frizzell stand.

Make sure the team's fixtures and presence is known within the town - stalls selling game tickets and merchandise for example - reconnect with the townsfolk

Make more effort to embrace and encourage our Asian community to connect with the OAFC brand - not that easy but it has to be done.

Reach out to the council and businesses of the area that may have been burned or upset by previous owners.

Show the fans that you will respect our shirt colours, name, history and that you will not enforce a crazy vision that trashes our past.

Stagger Lee - I commend you. Absolutely spot on. 

Seems as though the deal went through late last night (which based on my recent experience of selling businesses is not uncommon) and perhaps the club will make a statement this morning?

Cannot see it on the BBC though at the moment - so perhaps still not official anyway

5 minutes ago, Scapegoat said:

Seems as though the deal went through late last night (which based on my recent experience of selling businesses is not uncommon) and perhaps the club will make a statement this morning?

Cannot see it on the BBC though at the moment - so perhaps still not official anyway

Hope so new players get reg and start 

As far as I'm aware, it's been tweeted by a single journalist with 81,000 followers.

How he knows, I don't know.

Seems reliable.  Subject to calling the occasional transfer wrong, which happens when players and agents change their minds, he's got an OK record.

im hopeful.

7 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Definitely- when you look at the money made by Peterborough on their players and what we’ve made on Stevens, Eardley, Baxter, Tarky and others it’s shocking - the best he ever did was Trotman - didn’t know it at the time but at 500 grand we ended up having Preston’s pants down 

Let’s not completely rewrite history just yet - Rotherham broke their club record to buy JCH, Danny Philiskirk was over £200k to Chelsea, similar money for Scott Spencer both unproven youngsters.Baxter had buy out clause as part of deal signing for us....And Micah Richards would have made us smile if he hadn’t run down his contract

Yes we could have done better on several but it’s not been 100% giveaways as the owtb fact factory has it

7 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

As far as I'm aware, it's been tweeted by a single journalist with 81,000 followers.

How he knows, I don't know.

Seems reliable.  Subject to calling the occasional transfer wrong, which happens when players and agents change their minds, he's got an OK record.

im hopeful.

This doesn't mean it hasn't gone through yet, but as far as the players are aware, it is still ongoing...

35 minutes ago, LaticsPete said:

Let’s not completely rewrite history just yet - Rotherham broke their club record to buy JCH, Danny Philiskirk was over £200k to Chelsea, similar money for Scott Spencer both unproven youngsters.Baxter had buy out clause as part of deal signing for us....And Micah Richards would have made us smile if he hadn’t run down his contract

Yes we could have done better on several but it’s not been 100% giveaways as the owtb fact factory has it

Good points to make and Tarky also went for more than 200k, I'd say it was more than double that with the sell on clause cashed in, what galled me more about the player sales was the way any proceeds were diverted into a project the club saw little or no benefit from, it was sold to us as the game changer and the austere measures we were placed under for three or four years whilst the building was completed effectively crippled us and for what?,  its been bad decision after bad decision and the one thing thats suffered in all this is the footballing side.

I personally want a chairman whose priority is the football side who isn't using a football clubs good name for self gain and who has some pride in putting a team out to compete not just survive.