The Abdallah Lemsagam era begins

10 minutes ago, ajw65 said:

Abdellah has joined twitter with the profile 'owner and chairman of Oldham Athletic'..... seems to be complete guys...

Would you like to buy some magic beans?

Let’s wait for some confirmation.

Edited by Crusoe

6 minutes ago, rudemedic said:

Yeah but that isn’t hard to do with Twitter. I’m 99.9% certain that profile is a fake account.

Yea looks fake, retweeting that "journo" following all those accounts but none following him back except hopeful fans and you'd think he'd already have an account

Of course it’s fake FFS.

I’m sure the first thing AL wanted to do after completing the takeover is take to Twitter, set an account up, follow all the players and announce you’re the new owner, before the club has even announced anything.

2 hours ago, yarddog73 said:

Good points to make and Tarky also went for more than 200k, I'd say it was more than double that with the sell on clause cashed in, what galled me more about the player sales was the way any proceeds were diverted into a project the club saw little or no benefit from, it was sold to us as the game changer and the austere measures we were placed under for three or four years whilst the building was completed effectively crippled us and for what?,  its been bad decision after bad decision and the one thing thats suffered in all this is the footballing side.

I personally want a chairman whose priority is the football side who isn't using a football clubs good name for self gain and who has some pride in putting a team out to compete not just survive.

we have a good name after lee hughes and chedgate ? 

When the takeover happens, I'd be happy with a couple of simple things that could make a difference:

- Pay staff on times (obvs)

- Have every square space of Boundary Park and whatever land he's bought with it rented out or making money in some way.

- A roof covering the bar/food area at the back of the RRE/JFS (and maybe a couple of TVs showing Sky Sports News).  If we're feeling really generous to the away fans - do the same with the Chaddy.

- Not that I smoke, but a smoking area just outside the ground's exit so people can smoke at half-time without fear of getting told-off by the stewards.

- Pre-pour beers before half-time so getting a pint doesn't turn into an epic project for the punters.

43 minutes ago, LaticsLegend said:

Imagine being thick enough to fall for an account like that.

Imagine being sad enough to do all that fake account shit, that's the real point. I know that these things seem obvious to some, but I don't think we should call people "thick" just because they don't look for sad wanker behaviour behind every interaction - in a way it's quite endearing that they are still assuming others to be good and honest. 

11 minutes ago, AlanGrovesFanClub said:

Imagine being sad enough to do all that fake account shit, that's the real point. I know that these things seem obvious to some, but I don't think we should call people "thick" just because they don't look for sad wanker behaviour behind every interaction - in a way it's quite endearing that they are still assuming others to be good and honest. 

Bit of both to be fair. 

11 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Absolutely, I was perhaps a bit flippant but yes to see some genuine business professionalism rather than the seat of our our pants we’ve been used to (which I don’t blame Corney entirely for I think he’s done what’s needed most of the time) but to be run like a professional football club would be nice 

Considering the endless shit decisions Corney has made over the years and Rochdale are a solvent club on less crowds that get decent monies for their players...I do blame him (not new news I know).

I echo the sentiments of others though...being professionally run, having revenue streams in house rather than sub-contracted out, paying people on time and having an actual plan in place for the future with aims and aspirations would be nice. If Bournemouth can go from the brink of extinction to the a Premiership in a handful of years, there’s no reason we can’t dare to dream. Cautiously. 

Chaps I don't want to burst anyone's bubble as I am loving all the suggestions of how we all want to move forward

As a Trust Director, I haven't had anything confirmed for definite with regards to the change of ownership of the entire lock stock and two barrels so to speak. Don't forget a proposed change of owner with regards to buildings and land means the Trust have to be advised officially with regards to the ACV we have put in place.

i only know that an agreement has been reached with regards to the transfer/selling of shares of OAFC2004. That is what Corney owns.

like LL and Jorvik have said on another thread. They have met Al,  he has the OAFC bug, he does want it all but we have other parties that have a stake (debentures), so that will need look at. Wether that is ongoing now or in the future I a not privy too.

I will add that I feel very positive about it all.

Edited by underdog

52 minutes ago, boundaryblue80 said:

Considering the endless shit decisions Corney has made over the years and Rochdale are a solvent club on less crowds that get decent monies for their players...I do blame him (not new news I know).

I echo the sentiments of others though...being professionally run, having revenue streams in house rather than sub-contracted out, paying people on time and having an actual plan in place for the future with aims and aspirations would be nice. If Bournemouth can go from the brink of extinction to the a Premiership in a handful of years, there’s no reason we can’t dare to dream. Cautiously. 

For now.... keep watching.