The Abdallah Lemsagam era begins

The most important thing is we do not jusge AL on what he says he is going to do , or might do, but on his actions.

So, negatively, he has not bought the ground or assets. Hopefully that is a "yet". He may talk of it, but that is just pie in the sky at this stage.

Nor the OEC etc. just the club name

He may not have as much funds as we hope (of course he might), at first glance it is just a change of name on the door.

However, On a very positive note, he has stuck with us during the dragged out process.

He also has been to many of the games and really become part of the club, more so than many owners.

So grounds for optimism, cautiously, and I'm looking forward to see what he does.

23 hours ago, whittles left foot said:

Yes, this is the fellow who posted that the EFL clearance went thru ages ago and folk were happy to quote him as being genuine then.

Surely the fact the KB & JB have just been cleared to play confirms that the delay was with the EFL?

4 minutes ago, singe said:

Surely the fact the KB & JB have just been cleared to play confirms that the delay was with the EFL?

Not necessarily; we don't know if any registration delays were connected with the takeover.  The loans the previous week went through - Pringle and Benyu - and it seems unlikely that the Byrne deal was done in time for him to play last weekend.

10 minutes ago, singe said:

The most important thing is we do not jusge AL on what he says he is going to do , or might do, but on his actions.

So, negatively, he has not bought the ground or assets. Hopefully that is a "yet". He may talk of it, but that is just pie in the sky at this stage.

Nor the OEC etc. just the club name

He may not have as much funds as we hope (of course he might), at first glance it is just a change of name on the door.

However, On a very positive note, he has stuck with us during the dragged out process.

He also has been to many of the games and really become part of the club, more so than many owners.

So grounds for optimism, cautiously, and I'm looking forward to see what he does.

Corney still essentially owning a big part of our club albeit not in actual shares (ground, new stand, whatever it may be) makes me a little uneasy. Could be conflicts of interest down the path somewhere.

As I'm sure many others would, I'd like to be 100% rid of Corney or we may be in danger of not seeing much change with regards to the things fans get most upset about with him.

12 minutes ago, singe said:

I imagine the EFL were happy with everything regarding the takeover which allowed us to register the new players, EFL have done their bit, now it’s down to AL and Blitz and Gazal to agree on terms then the takeover will be fully complete 

I think AL may be buying out the OEC, and that could be the hold up as well as the loans. Hence the reason why it hasn't been finished. Blitz and Gazal wouldn't see the point in spending more money on it when it's being sold. AL can then finish it off and use it to provide the income it was supposed to provide when it was built. 

4 hours ago, Dave_Og said:

Not necessarily; we don't know if any registration delays were connected with the takeover.  The loans the previous week went through - Pringle and Benyu - and it seems unlikely that the Byrne deal was done in time for him to play last weekend.

My theory was loans were OK, but signings not permitted?

Obviosuly we know FFP was a factor, as RW said so and that is why we culled the players. But that normally is 24 players max isnlt it.

6 hours ago, LaticsLegend said:

Corney still essentially owning a big part of our club albeit not in actual shares (ground, new stand, whatever it may be) makes me a little uneasy. Could be conflicts of interest down the path somewhere.

As I'm sure many others would, I'd like to be 100% rid of Corney or we may be in danger of not seeing much change with regards to the things fans get most upset about with him.

I think I’m right in saying he’s not part of the OEC and the football club bit he owns merely rents the ground off Brassbank owned by Blitz and Gazal. So if the football club is bought by AL, then Corney is gone.

Personally, I’ll be happier still when the other two “Amigos” have gone, I hold them even more responsible than Corney for our demise. Things took and even bigger downturn when they threw their toys out of the pram and left Mr. Corney holding the baby that he didn’t have the funds to look after.

Edit: I forgot about the LED perimeter boards which I believe Mr. Corney owns.

Edited by ghostofcecere

1 hour ago, lookersstandandy said:

....am I the only one who finds it mildly concerning we haven’t heard a dickie bird out of him yet...?

No quite the opposite...   We had years and years of big mouth toothless pipe dreams from a bunch of useless charltons that a bit of silience is fucking golden.

If this guy keeps his mouth shut until he actual owns something, and then comes out with well planned deliverable  plan then that will do me just fine.

Heart started racing when I read this thread thinking we might have seen the back of the let down that have been TTA and destruction of me generally giving a fuck about the club I used to love.  Guess I have a little longer before I can start rebuilding my love...  It ain’t while TTA are still associated with the club.

Edited by oafc0000

22 minutes ago, oafc0000 said:

No quite the opposite...   We had years and years of big mouth toothless pipe dreams from a bunch of useless charltons that a bit of silience is fucking golden.

If this guy keeps his mouth shut until he actual owns something, and then comes out with well planned deliverable  plan then that will do me just fine.

Heart started racing when I read this thread thinking we might have seen the back of the let down that have been TTA and destruction of me generally giving a fuck about the club I used to love.  Guess I have a little longer before I can start rebuilding my love...  It ain’t while TTA are still associated with the club.

Don't worry you'll find another excuse to not come even when the takeover is complete

9 hours ago, mcfluff1985 said:

I'd say so

9 hours ago, PatchLatics said:

No - he doesn't own us yet.

8 hours ago, Andy Perimeter West said:

Maybe he is just shy

What if he has no intention of investing large sums of money in infrastructure improvement projects; Chaddy End, Main Stand, RRE, Training facilities.... has no interest in buying the assets of Brassbank Ltd & OEC Ltd.... will fire TP and disband the youth set up, because his primary motivation is to use Latics as a vehicle for pumping in loads of ‘French lads’ that he hopes to move on for modest profit or neutral cost to OAFC2004Ltd, but his agent friends earn handsomely out of in placing them elsewhere. What if this business plan - that doesn’t care for Latics one bit - means the sum total of our ambition is merely to stay in the football league? Would you have liked to have heard a dickie bird out of him in this sceanrio, or are you happy to wait because he’s shy?

Edited by lookersstandandy

26 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

What if he has no intention of investing large sums of money in infrastructure improvement projects; Chaddy End, Main Stand, RRE, Training facilities.... has no interest in buying the assets of Brassbank Ltd & OEC Ltd.... will fire TP and disband the youth set up, because his primary motivation is to use Latics as a vehicle for pumping in loads of ‘French lads’ that he hopes to move on for modest profit or neutral cost to OAFC2004Ltd, but his agent friends earn handsomely out of in placing them elsewhere. What if this business plan - that doesn’t care for Latics one bit - means the sum total of our ambition is merely to stay in the football league? Would you have liked to have heard a dickie bird out of him in this sceanrio, or are you happy to wait because he’s shy?

He's attended home and away games, which suggests to me his intentions are good.

23 minutes ago, BP1960 said:

He's attended home and away games, which suggests to me his intentions are good.

I hope so Alf.... but until we’ve heard from him and we are able to make our own judgements on whether his words seem sincere & his subsequent actions back up those words.... we don’t know if we are looking at the equivalent business model of, when new owners took charge of Bournemouth, Brentford or Leyton Orient?

Edited by lookersstandandy

6 minutes ago, youngen said:

Anybody just like turning up to watch football, and not worry about how much xxx earns, or how much xxx cost? No, just me then

....I’d rather not watch it in the same League as Stockport thanks....

....I don’t care about his personal wealth as such, that’s his business.... I’d like to know an outline (not necessarily the fine detail if he feels this compromises his ability to negotiate) of his business plan for my football club though.

9 minutes ago, lookersstandandy said:

....I’d rather not watch it in the same League as Stockport thanks....

....I don’t care about his personal wealth as such, that’s his business.... I’d like to know an outline (not necessarily the fine detail if he feels this compromises his ability to negotiate) of his business plan for my football club though.

Thought you'd be pretty pally with him by now given you know all the details about the takeover.