Salop away

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Anyone going? Any early stage boycotters changing their mind as Wembley moves closer? 

I imagine we will line up as strongly as we can. Interesting to see what line-up Shrewsbury will put out, with them pushing for promotion. I expect us to get the win...

Planning on going to this.

Not many folk know or use Salop these days-well impressed.

15 minutes ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Our best team would still be scraping the barrel defensively:

Placide

Dummigan

Wilson

Bryan

McLaughlin

Gardner

Byrne

Fane

Pringle

Davies

Holloway

No complaints about that midfield but the rest of the team is very questionable.

Can imagine Hamer playing again with maybe Dummigan at left back. 

18 minutes ago, Dave_Og said:

It's been a county more recently than a town

Was it ever in dispute?

Ah I remember you are the person who posted something silly about the park and ride being no good, having to catch a bus, when somebody asked about parking for the New Years Day game. I will explain-it is near the ground, that simple enough for you?

Just now, whittles left foot said:

Was it ever in dispute?

Ah I remember you are the person who posted something silly about the park and ride being no good, having to catch a bus, when somebody asked about parking for the New Years Day game. I will explain-it is near the ground, that simple enough for you?

Not me guv, no idea what you are talking about.  Last time I went there was some time in the late 80s

New Meadow adjoins a large shopping centre with car park, but like all such places they don't allow matchday parking. But at the far end of the car park, there is a separate area set aside for Park and Ride, where you can park free and walk to the ground in around 15 min - just follow the crowd. 

15 hours ago, the_mighty_bosh said:

Our best team would still be scraping the barrel defensively:

Placide

Dummigan

Wilson

Bryan

McLaughlin

Gardner

Byrne

Fane

Pringle

Davies

Holloway

No complaints about that midfield but the rest of the team is very questionable.

With Edmundson available, I'd put him Centre Back, Wilson left back and McLaughlin up front replacing Holloway.

Worrying that Wellens says it's unlikely that we'll get a striker in.  I didn't expect us to get Bryan and Byrne back and they will be very useful, but the last 7 league games have proven that, without a striker to play alongside a target man, we will struggle to pick up the goals and wins needed for the rest of the season.

12 minutes ago, youngen said:

I know hes been injured/ill etc, but for me Mclaughlin should be one of the first names on the team sheet. He is the only winger/full back we have who can actually cross

Can he though?  This was said about him a lot at the start of the season when there was talk of him leaving.  In the games he's played since injury he seems to hit the first man as much as anyone.

1 hour ago, nzlatic said:

Can he though?  This was said about him a lot at the start of the season when there was talk of him leaving.  In the games he's played since injury he seems to hit the first man as much as anyone.

Ok. Lets stick with Tope