Worst defence in the top 5 divisions!!

Lots of talk on here about needing more goals etc (which we do), but was anyone aware that we have conceded more goals than any other team in the top 5 divisions of English football!! 

Our priority needs to be recruiting defenders who can defend otherwise we will be going down. 

Going forward yes we are a bit short but we have enough see us through, especially if Doyle comes back for the last 8 games or so. But FFS to be worse than every other professional team in England at defending should be raising a big fuckoff red flag. 

Wellens needs to sort this out tactically and quick as I'd settle for a couple of boring 1 0 wins anytime at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, Londonboy said:

Lots of talk on here about needing more goals etc (which we do), but was anyone aware that we have conceded more goals than any other team in the top 5 divisions of English football!! 

Our priority needs to be recruiting defenders who can defend otherwise we will be going down. 

Going forward yes we are a bit short but we have enough see us through, especially if Doyle comes back for the last 8 games or so. But FFS to be worse than every other professional team in England at defending should be raising a big fuckoff red flag. 

Wellens needs to sort this out tactically and quick as I'd settle for a couple of boring 1 0 wins anytime at the moment. 

Edmunson is shite and as much as he may have struggled early on I’d have  Clarke back in a heartbeat - he’s the leader Wellens said we were missing (and Bury were shit before clarke went there before I get slated)

Edited by Buckshawlatic

1 minute ago, Wardie said:

I don't know if Clarke can be recalled but if he can, he should be playing for his parent club not our rivals.
Gerrard and Hunt getting injured has certainly not helped.

I believe we can not call him back since the change in the loan system. He’s past it anyway and is not the answer to our problems. A new CB will be signed , won’t he ? 

4 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

I believe we can not call him back since the change in the loan system. He’s past it anyway and is not the answer to our problems. A new CB will be signed , won’t he ? 

Id have him over George “gobshite and suspended for Saturday” Edmunson 

Not only do we let goals in on too regular a basis, it feels like the opposition don’t have a great number of opportunities but when they do we let in a high proportion. The second half tonight was a good example Shrewsbury didn’t have that many chances in and around the box but scored with one of the few.

27 minutes ago, simplythemostimportantkick said:

Putting a positive spin on it. We are great value for goals in a game per your pound. But yeah being serious it does need sorting. Pains me to say it because I fucking love him for many reasons but maybe it’s time to drop Jonny and give this other kid a chance ?

Been saying this for a while as well as obvious shot stopping a key role for a keeper is to be organizing a defence  both are being done poorly.

31 minutes ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Id have him over George “gobshite and suspended for Saturday” Edmunson 

Noted a downboat (2) from senior_coconut - sorry but Edmunson’s red card last year at Fylde and then his performance at a closed friendly against Fleetwood which I saw show he’s a gobshite - giving it the big I am to the referees like he’s made it when he’s a squad player for a shite league 1 club. And his sending off Saturday was a disgrace 

3 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Edmunson is shite and as much as he may have struggled early on I’d have  Clarke back in a heartbeat - he’s the leader Wellens said we were missing (and Bury were shit before clarke went there before I get slated)

Agree about Edmundson, afraid to say the lads not up too it. 

Also, having to post on my other account as my usual “aaronoafc” account is locked. Can any mod help out with this? Thank you

Edmundson had one of the worst games I've ever seen from a Latics player against Rotherham a few months ago, and I've seen a few over the years! And has had a few brain farts since but how is any young player going to improve without game time?

We need a new centreback either way with Clarke as good as permanently gone and Gerrard not getting any faster. So let's buy a centreback right now - the clock is ticking down.