Worst defence in the top 5 divisions!!

3 minutes ago, latics22 said:

Im sure he has already scored two this year???? Playing a hand full of games. And at least 5 last year for us, I’m basing it on oldham not his entire career

You're probably right - the table on Wiki is wonky: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Clarke_(footballer)#Career_statistics

15 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

Edmunson is shite and as much as he may have struggled early on I’d have  Clarke back in a heartbeat - he’s the leader Wellens said we were missing (and Bury were shit before clarke went there before I get slated)

Young Oldham youth player in Latics hate filled abuse shocker

6 minutes ago, youngen said:

Young Oldham youth player in Latics hate filled abuse shocker

I’m sure there are others like me who are tired of the ‘he’s shit, get rid’ posts that some seem to think is incisive comment.

Try and imagine that you are sat opposite said individual and ask yourself if you would use the same language as you do when hiding behind a keyboard.

No?

Thought not.

There is nothing like damn lies and statistics.

Shez first nine games in league 1 23 goals at 2.56 per game.

Wellens five games before he is made manager on 18 Oct 8 goals at 1.6 per game.

Wellens fifteen games since he was made manager 22 goals at 1.47.

Teams in league 1 with worse goals conceded record: Oxford 1.48, Fleetwood 1.54, Bristol Rovers 1.57, Northampton 1.69, Bury 1.54 & Southend 1.68.

I know we would like to do better but the truth is out there.

35 minutes ago, we hate man,u and city to said:

Presume you're fishing here....

Absolutely not. Clarke featured in every game he was available for before being dropped. Probably over 100 games for various clubs. He is 6 years older than Gerrard and in miles better shape. These are facts.

42 minutes ago, welshgaz said:

Absolutely not. Clarke featured in every game he was available for before being dropped. Probably over 100 games for various clubs. He is 6 years older than Gerrard and in miles better shape. These are facts.

4years older actually

Letting Clarke go out on loan was a big mistake. Alright he hasn’t looked as good as last season but he would be good cover in the event of injuries - like now!

He’s a fantastic pro, he’s the archetypal club captain, and he should have been a certainty for a place on the coaching staff when his playing days are finally over.

We look like we desperately need a defensive coach, surely he could be useful to us while he’s under contract and Latics are paying his wages.

1 hour ago, welshgaz said:

This for me is why I think Clarke’s finished, he was fucked in the last 10 or so games last season, no way should he have been playing, he hobbled through Afc Wimbledon in the final game, club captain, no one else to play, and I’m thankful to him for playing. Said it after a few games this season, that last season has taken it’s toll on him.

1 hour ago, Londonboy said:

Probably without a club for a reason..... 

Yep, often because they aren’t going to play for someone and got released to allow them to play. We signed Lockwood when he was without a club. We released Flynn who a few days later signed for St. Mirren. Which clubs did we sign the #FrenchLads from?

Another game without a clean sheet following a lat goal yesterday.

Only 3 clean sheets all season in h the league is a pretty damning statistic.

What a turnaround from last season where despite being a relegation battle we equalled the club record for clean sheets - though I think we set a record for the lowest number of goals scored in a season by a team NOT relegated.

Wonder for the record for goals conceded / lowest number of clean sheets is for Latics, and for a team not getting relegated.

Could end up with a couple of unusual and contrasting back to back records!

On 01/02/2018 at 11:29 AM, Londonboy said:

Still have... but joint worst...Burton now have conceded the same as us ...55...but played one game less!!

Things in common....both let Connor Ripley go!

Really disappointed we didn't sign an experienced centre half. It will come back to bit us I think.

Burton didn’t play ripley in league games and we didn’t let him go...wasn’t our choice to make. 

I’d have Ripley again in a heartbeat though. 

Edited by super_blue