Plymouth - the first of six games in five weeks

17 minutes ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Massive game, this. Both in terms of the relegation battle and for the future of Wellens IMO...

Wellens Admits Saturday’s Game Is The Biggest Of The Season So Far

I think Wellens is tending to agree with you, albeit Plymouth.

Edited by Wardie

1 minute ago, dec666 said:

I'll be there, but I can't see anything other than a miserable afternoon in store, win or lose.

It's hard to be arsed with another relegation battle when we were on the verge of the top half a few weeks ago.

If there is one thing I have learned through the decades with Latics...expect the unexpected. :D 

5 minutes ago, dec666 said:

It's hard to be arsed with another relegation battle when we were on the verge of the top half a few weeks ago.

I agree. I felt I’d rediscovered my passion for Latics 2-3 months ago after starting to feel a bit meh about it. But it’s waning again, especially with the rumours of Abdallah being a bit of an interfering manager-undermining ‘ex’-agent, who’s maybe not such a saviour after all. It’s not overly inspiring. 

1 hour ago, dec666 said:

I'll be there, but I can't see anything other than a miserable afternoon in store, win or lose.

Strangely, I have got my Latics mojo back this season a lot more than in recent years...

As a lurker, and not a poster on this site since its concept way back then....may i say the snippets posted by Brother Sinnott, are not only informative, sometimes controversial, but 99% correct in most cases. Id like to suggest, he, as i, have our mojo’s back, because something special looms for us all brothers! KTF

10 hours ago, Lee Sinnott said:

Massive game, this. Both in terms of the relegation battle and for the future of Wellens IMO...

Huge. But hugely winnable game tomorrow. The start is important - the only early goals I want to see are the two popped into the net by Holloway and Davies. ?

1 hour ago, NewBlue said:

Can’t be arsed thinking up a team. We’ve got Fane, Pringle and Byrne in midfield. That’s enough for me. Them and no Tope and I’m happy we can win...

Wouldn’t be surprised if Fane is out, listening to Wellens’ press conference yesterday.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Is there a five week period in the season where there aren't at least six games?

Probably not - but it’s the significance of the next six games that is huge. If we are going to achieve our standard 17th place then we need to start winning.

And five of the next six are extremely winnable methinks.

1 hour ago, Dave_Og said:

Is there a five week period in the season where there aren't at least six games?

Probably not - but it’s the significance of the next six games that is huge. If we are going to achieve our standard 17th place then we need to start winning.

And five of the next six are extremely winnable methinks.