Holloway

Solution is there, not like we are going to miss his goals. He's strong, good in the air....but far from a natural finisher. Watched him closely, especially when he starts and there are numerous times he just doesn't want to bomb into the box, seems to linger on the edge, pisses me off when there are crosses fizzing across the six yard box. 

6 minutes ago, Bobledgersheart said:

I've watched him picking people up at corners and free kicks........ he doesn't ! Maybe he was moved upfront because of this.

100%, if he doesn't have the desire to get on the end of crosses to score goals he's hardly going to be bursting a gut to defend the same cross.

20 minutes ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Love the simplistic view of "He's shit up front but he's a lump so stick him in defence and the problem is solved" :lol:

I reckoned with centre back Lord Kangana we should have stuck him at centre forward, where he would have caused as much havoc to the opposition defence as he did to his own.

13 hours ago, Frankly Mr Shankly said:

Love the simplistic view of "He's shit up front but he's a lump so stick him in defence and the problem is solved" :lol:

After shadowing defenders while in a Latics shirt you’ve got to think he’s got a good first-hand idea of how a side would go about getting clean sheets...

15 hours ago, oafcprozac said:

Don’t forget he’s a converted CB...

His goal scoring ability is not good enough to be one of our centrebacks. How many did Clarke score last year + how many has Gerrard scored this year v Holloways career?  :lol:

Subs bench striker only is my opinion when Doyle or A.N. Other is in the team.  But we need another quality CB as soon as possible.

• 3 weeks later...

Well well Mr Holloway, fall out with Richie Wellens because he doesn't fancy you as a footballer and you're not getting the game time you feel you deserve, but after today you're finished. To walk up the tunnel at full time not sharing your teams mates achievements and ignoring 2300 fans who turned out and sang their hearts out is unforgiveable. Take your dummy and fuck off.