Holloway

Holloway is finished at this club if Wellens stays, good enough to me......downboat away. Players disrespecting fans is a massive no no for me. It's a short career in the spotlight, saviour every moment it's a privileged job.

Edited by Lags

49 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

unnamed.jpg

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Well well Mr Holloway, fall out with Richie Wellens because he doesn't fancy you as a footballer and you're not getting the game time you feel you deserve, but after today you're finished. To walk up the tunnel at full time not sharing your teams mates achievements and ignoring 2300 fans who turned out and sang their hearts out is unforgiveable. Take your dummy and fuck off. 

53 minutes ago, oafcmetty said:

Dunno Lags - he was pretty badly injured following the clash of heads.

Wow ? Lags - harsh comments. The guy was badly shaken up and needed to get back to the dressing room and get some treatment. 

< Shakes head in disbelief >

8 minutes ago, TheBigDog said:

Wow ? Lags - harsh comments. The guy was badly shaken up and needed to get back to the dressing room and get some treatment. 

< Shakes head in disbelief >

Shake away brother. Explain the none celebration of the Bradford goal

Just now, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

Couldn't care less as long as he keeps scoring, at least it means he's not going to get booked for celebrating with the crowd....

yes I hope he does to. His career stats say's he won't, no big loss once off loaded.

1 hour ago, Lags said:

Well well Mr Holloway, fall out with Richie Wellens because he doesn't fancy you as a footballer and you're not getting the game time you feel you deserve, but after today you're finished. To walk up the tunnel at full time not sharing your teams mates achievements and ignoring 2300 fans who turned out and sang their hearts out is unforgiveable. Take your dummy and fuck off. 

Stupid comments. Said it time and time again on here. His assists is the highest in the team last time I looked and scored a couple last few minute goals to get us wins not draws. Not had a run of games in the side this season yet people expect him to be up to the pace in every game despite not getting many mins on the pitch. 

Edited by adamoafc

Aside from the question of whether or not he snubbed the fans - didn't see it, so can't comment - and what his value is to the team - FWIW I think there is a decent player in there - do we really need players taking selfies to show us how badly injured they were/are? First the preening Ronaldo now this.

I suppose it is the narcissism of the modern world. Even if smart phones had been around in Bert Trautmann's day, or Dave Mackay's, or Terry Butcher's come to that, I can't imagine any of them would have been so self-indulgent!

10 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

He was excellent yesterday.

There's been some harsh comments on this thread about him, but I can't let that go.

He did four things of note;

- get fouled (not his fault),

- flick the ball on when he knew he was the furthest man up the field giving the ball straight back to the opposition when we were under pressure.

- tried and failed to beat three players when a simple ball was on to Pringle, thus giving the ball back to the opposition when we were under pressure.

- did well to create the chance to score...but didn't even hit the target.

Based on this game and any other, I could fully understand why Wellens doesn't rate him, I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, Mickey Quinn's testicles said:

I didn't go yesterday so I didn't see the incident but I presume the Blackburn fans was accusing him of diving so he was just posting a picture of himself with the bruise to prove he had been smacked in the face...

I still don't know how it wasn't a booking.

I think I'll go through every post that disagree with mine and downboat. 

Providing Wellens stays Holloway will be gone. If my favourite player started disregarding the fans and his fellow players, for me needs to be gone. History repeats with Holloway.

2 hours ago, JoeP said:

There's been some harsh comments on this thread about him, but I can't let that go.

He did four things of note;

- get fouled (not his fault),

- flick the ball on when he knew he was the furthest man up the field giving the ball straight back to the opposition when we were under pressure.

- tried and failed to beat three players when a simple ball was on to Pringle, thus giving the ball back to the opposition when we were under pressure.

- did well to create the chance to score...but didn't even hit the target.

Based on this game and any other, I could fully understand why Wellens doesn't rate him, I'm afraid.

Bought a foul and nearly won the game then when we were up against it.

14 minutes ago, Lags said:

I think I'll go through every post that disagree with mine and downboat. 

Providing Wellens stays Holloway will be gone. If my favourite player started disregarding the fans and his fellow players, for me needs to be gone. History repeats with Holloway.

So how does it work for the players when the whistle blows and more than half the fans get up and walk out without even looking at the players?

Find this really odd that you feel sooo strongly about it. For me not bothered one bit if a player acknowledges or not.

17 hours ago, Lags said:

That suggest he's faked others in the past......................OK Aaron why didn't you celebrate scoring against Bradford at home? 

The lads clearly injured and you come out with shit like that, which is obviously totally incorrect. He’s a player for the side you follow and puts himself about every week to try to help us win. Have a word.

Edited by NewBlue

I don’t think any of our fans suggested he faked anything? Definitely haven’t seen anything myself.

Holloway had words with some Blackburn fans when he got up off the deck. Some of their fans on the first few rows were telling him to get up and stop feigning injury and when he did he looked to offer them the opportunity to come on the pitch and say it.