Holloway

I saw Holloway clap the fans on Saturday before being the first off the pitch.

How long do you want him to stay on the pitch for Lags? Is there a prerequisite distance that he is supposed to walk before deciding the clap? what's acceptable to you?

he was on the half way line where he acknowledged the fans before going probably doing getting an injury treated

. Is 90 yards away to far to count as good fan acknowledgement or does he have to come and pat you on the fkn back for supporting the club?

The funny thing is this resentment to Holloway has obviously built over a few week/months so you just know when he lost a ball or missed that chance he gave him a right slagging and then wants a well done for it :) 

Edited by palmer1

It's been mentioned previously that some fans don't wait at the end of a match to acknowledge the players clapping the fans. Well sometimes I fall into that category, it depends on several things. How cold, wet, pissed off or tired I am; how much effort I think the team have put in collectively; the level of opposition we've played and many other things. Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't, it doesn't make me any better or worse than any other supporter. For me to castigate a player for not acknowledging the fans would be hypocritical so I'd never do it, just the same as I'd not praise them for "badge kissing", which I find cringeworthy. In both cases it's not really important. If it was to me I'd seriously re-examine my priorities in life.

Just now, BP1960 said:

Excellent after he came on tonight.

Agreed. Some pre-emptive points:

-there was nothing wrong with his work rate

-it was a very unfortunate miss, but the ball did bobble as he hit it, and I don't think anyone thinks he's a fox in the box

-only 5 or so players stayed on to applaud the fans. And fair play. It was freezing.

Was side on edge of 18 yard box when he went through he never looked to have it under control.... Feet were all over and although there was a bobble, he shpuld have done better..

All around decent effort... He works hard and someone needs to understand why he can only do it against tured defenders because in my opinon, his hold up play is 5 times that of davies'

2 minutes ago, Fruitygoo said:

Was side on edge of 18 yard box when he went through he never looked to have it under control.... Feet were all over and although there was a bobble, he shpuld have done better..

All around decent effort... 

Was right behind it, as he went to shoot the ball flew in the air, he was still gutted at the end

I challenge anyone to try and run with the ball on that pitch. It was bobbling for everyone and holloway wasnt the only to suffer for it. I dont understand the hate campaign against him. He is a hard worker, creates chances and causes teams problems. As for the applauding fans thing, he appeared to have taken the miss tonight to heart and wanted to head off the pitch, nowt wrong with that for me. I have had the pleasure of meeting him and he is a thoroughly nice lad and i imagine tonight he just wanted to get off the pitch

20 hours ago, OAFC_ULTRA said:

I challenge anyone to try and run with the ball on that pitch. It was bobbling for everyone and holloway wasnt the only to suffer for it. I dont understand the hate campaign against him. He is a hard worker, creates chances and causes teams problems. As for the applauding fans thing, he appeared to have taken the miss tonight to heart and wanted to head off the pitch, nowt wrong with that for me. I have had the pleasure of meeting him and he is a thoroughly nice lad and i imagine tonight he just wanted to get off the pitch

I suspect most of the crowd were away from the ground quickly, it was bitterly cold. 

Edited by BP1960