The Story Continues

5 minutes ago, peanuts said:

every time i hear stewart pikes commentary the hairs go up on the back of my neck my second promotion with latics and one of the best days of my life only ever beaten by the birth of my kids 

That wasn’t Stuart Pike was it? Thought he said 

“the most important kick Neal Redfern will ever take in his life, can Neal Redfern do it?..... he hhhhhaaaaassssss 3-2 unbelievable stuff here at Boundary Park”

or words to that effect 

* I watch that game on YouTube far too much 

Edited by Buckshawlatic

2 hours ago, Buckshawlatic said:

That wasn’t Stuart Pike was it? Thought he said 

“the most important kick Neal Redfern will ever take in his life, can Neal Redfern do it?..... he hhhhhaaaaassssss 3-2 unbelievable stuff here at Boundary Park”

or words to that effect 

* I watch that game on YouTube far too much 

That isn't Stuart Pike. He was on the radio and they've put his over the vid.

20 minutes ago, longtimeblue said:

Top video... Is it Ritchie though? 

Ofcourse it is.

Tomorrow is 28 years to the day since I went to my first ever Latics game with my Dad and Grandad. It was in the 4th round of the FA cup Andy Ritchie bagged the winner at the Chaddy End. 2 years ago today we laid my Grandad to rest. Latics means alot to all of us Eventually Im hoping to have kids of my own and take them.

Im hoping tomorrow is the start of a new era. I was lucky when I started going their wasn't blankett coverage of football on tv and Latics had a great team full of genuine heroes and household names, so realistically we are very lucky to have anyone under 30 who supports us they have only known the odd cup giant killing or a few a play off push no genuine success. Im hoping that they get that and the next generation get a whole host of great players and glorious nights and days out to come.

Apologies for going all soppy and sentimental but hopefully this is the start of something.

Edited by GlossopLatic

1 minute ago, longtimeblue said:

I can hear the similarity... Watched a few times and personally don't think it is though.

It is him, showed him doing the voiceover in this weeks episode of this week at latics.