Welcome Abdallah, a new dawn

Should Simon Corney vacate lock, stock and barrel?  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Should Simon Corney vacate lock, stock and barrel?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Lags said:

It's a new dawn with a new man at the helm.

He's bought Simon Corney's 97% stake in the club. Is it time to move on and let the new man reign without the baggage of decay? 

That’s no way to talk about your mate Barry?

Seriously, the OEC and land still being owned by Brassbank makes me think until that is resolved it makes a lot of sense to keep Corney around. The last thing AL wants is for Brassbank to put the rent up 50000% but only to be told 4 days later by letter.

Corney to stay, Owen and Hill to leave- I’m not really sure what they would offer AL anyway.

I think it would be legitimate for Trust members to question if Simon Brooke continued as Trust representative to the Board too, as new Board = new Trust rep. However, that’s a decision for the trust and I wouldn’t be surprised if Simon kept his role.

Do we know for a fact he has bought all 97%?

I dont mind him stick around to help get our new owner up to speed and get more local contacts at other clubs.

Tbh i dont think Corney is an obstacle to the OEC unless the LED ad board company also become a problem.

2 hours ago, stott182 said:

Do we know for a fact he has bought all 97%?

I dont mind him stick around to help get our new owner up to speed and get more local contacts at other clubs.

Tbh i dont think Corney is an obstacle to the OEC unless the LED ad board company also become a problem.

We'll find out soon enough when the annual companies house update comes

9 hours ago, latics22 said:

I’m happy for him to stay, did his best, kept us up, found a new investor 

My view too.  I do not understand all the animosity to someone who kept ths club solvent.  I believe he did his best, invested as best he could and kept the club in this division after the other amigos gave up.  He knows this club better than anyone, will have learnt from his mistakes and maybe with Abdullah on board can together grow the club in a sustainable way.  We need to stay up this year and then aim to be top half next year and keep making steps in the right direction.  Holding our own in the Championship in the next five years and further improvements to the ground would be success for me and I think it would be good if SC can play some part in this latest chapter.

35 minutes ago, Whitts said:

My view too.  I do not understand all the animosity to someone who kept ths club solvent.  I believe he did his best, invested as best he could and kept the club in this division after the other amigos gave up.  He knows this club better than anyone, will have learnt from his mistakes and maybe with Abdullah on board can together grow the club in a sustainable way.  We need to stay up this year and then aim to be top half next year and keep making steps in the right direction.  Holding our own in the Championship in the next five years and further improvements to the ground would be success for me and I think it would be good if SC can play some part in this latest chapter.

Couldn’t agree more. The Corney haters bandwagon is ridiculous, he was the only one putting any money in and the only one who has somehow not only managed to keep the club afloat but also kept them in the same division despite the pretty pathetic attendances and lack of money coming through the gate.

Look at Stockport and Tranmere and where they’ve ended up!

A bit of realism required by some on here.

13 minutes ago, Gary1906 said:

Couldn’t agree more. The Corney haters bandwagon is ridiculous, he was the only one putting any money in and the only one who has somehow not only managed to keep the club afloat but also kept them in the same division despite the pretty pathetic attendances and lack of money coming through the gate.

Look at Stockport and Tranmere and where they’ve ended up!

A bit of realism required by some on here.

:petesake: sorry you lost me when you claimed he was putting money into the club.

15 minutes ago, yarddog73 said:

:petesake: sorry you lost me when you claimed he was putting money into the club.

Where do you think the funding has come from when the income generated is less than the expenditure every week?  SC has made many mistakes but I feel he has done his best for OAFC.  He has certainly invested more than any other fan of the club, be that me, you or any of the other 3.5 thousand who attend most weeks.  He should stay on in my opinion and help Abdullah guide OAFC to better times.

7 minutes ago, Whitts said:

Where do you think the funding has come from when the income generated is less than the expenditure every week?  SC has made many mistakes but I feel he has done his best for OAFC.  He has certainly invested more than any other fan of the club, be that me, you or any of the other 3.5 thousand who attend most weeks.  He should stay on in my opinion and help Abdullah guide OAFC to better times.

:lol::lol::lol:

18 minutes ago, Whitts said:

Hes borrowed it.  From dubious Scouse solicitors and the like.  I'll be amazed if he's ever put a penny of his own cash in.

Nothing wrong with not putting his own money in.  That's his choice.  But to suggest he's been piling in the millions doesn't add up.

1 minute ago, Hands on said:

Its usual to have continuity in business take overs.  He will be here as long as Abdallah wants him to be.

I'm not sure that is entirely true ..

He needs SC on board not because he wants him here, but because he needs him onside, well thats my opinion anyway..

I don’t particularly dislike him, I actually do think he has done his best, and I think he does care about the club, however the biggest bug bearer about SC and the other 2 dickheads is the fact they have broken the club up into different sectors, to have the football club and OEC as 2 seperate entitities is an absolute piss take, this for me shows exactly the sort of people they are and for that reason I am happy for them all to fuck off! The funny thing is that the OEC is a massive white elephant, it’s unfinished, and I can’t see how it makes them much money, so hopefully in the future they want rid, and we can truly get rid of them for good.

10 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

Hes borrowed it.  From dubious Scouse solicitors and the like.  I'll be amazed if he's ever put a penny of his own cash in.

Nothing wrong with not putting his own money in.  That's his choice.  But to suggest he's been piling in the millions doesn't add up.

Is anyone suggesting he has piled millions in. By whatever means he has kept the club in business, he doesn't deserve some of the vitriol posted on here, but then again some of the plaudits are over the top. I suggest it is somewhere between the 2, in fairness the bloke has most probably made the majority of his decisions with the best interest of the club at heart.

35 minutes ago, opinions4u said:

What are your criteria for the Solicitors being "dubious" ?